Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billy Ocean

Game of Thrones -- Season 6 Discussion + Season 7 Offseason News

756 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Robert Strong smearing that guy's head against the wall was pretty great too.  Also the look of relief on the guard's face when Strong turned around. 

I forgot about that part.  So many fantastic scenes in this one episode.

I don't know how Ramsay gets away with killing Roose. Yeah, he sent a raven out that Roose was poisoned, and he'll have to send another one about Walda and baby Bolton (I don't even think we got a name), but surely someone is going to be skeptical. Someone in the north. The Karstark is in on it with him, but this can potentially blow up on him. Plus everyone knows his reputation. They'll see him for the mad dog Roose told him that he is.

OTOH, without Roose as his voice of reason, I think he's going to make mistakes that will cost him his life. He's now free to march on Castle Black. I don't know if I would rather see Wun-Wun smash him, Ghost bite out his throat, or Sansa stick a knife in him and twist it.

Another thing to keep in mind - he just made an enemy in the Freys. We saw what Walder did to the last people that slighted him.

2 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Robert Strong smearing that guy's head against the wall was pretty great too.  Also the look of relief on the guard's face when Strong turned around. 

Robert Strong AKA  Zombie Mountain delivered a short brutal head push......it was a thing of beauty ....I cheered .  :lol:

41 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I don't know how Ramsa gets away with killing Roose. Yeah, he sent a raven out that Roose was poisoned, and he'll have to send another one about Walda and baby Bolton (I don't even think we got a name), but surely someone is going to be skeptical. Someone in the north. The Karstark is in on it with him, but this can potentially blow up on him. Plus everyone knows his reputation. They'll see him for the mad dog Roose told him that he is.

OTOH, without Roose as his voice of reason, I think he's going to make mistakes that will cost him his life. He's now free to march on Castle Black. I don't know if I would rather see Wun-Wun smash him, Ghost bite out his throat, or Sansa stick a knife in him and twist it.

Another thing to keep in mind - he just made an enemy in the Freys. We saw what Walder did to the last people that slighted him.

Yep Walder already has a perfectly suspicious mind. It won't take him 5 secs to suspect foul play. At minimum he's going to want the body. We saw what he did to Robb for a much lesser slight and Robb was perfectly contrite and willing to make amends.

Poor move on Ramsey's part. Don't blame him for moving on his father. We know perfectly well Roose was going to phase him out. But Walder control's his link to the south. All he had to do was keep the baby and maybe Walda alive as hostage/puppets and dealt with them later once everything settles out. He now has zero margin for error or he's cut off. (He's basically voluntiarily Isolated hinself in a kingdom that already hates his guts) It's also hard to believe Karstark would have gone along with getting rid of the perfectly stable Roose for the complete opposite in Ramsay which makes me think he's going to attempt to control Ramsey which....I'm going to guess is not going to work out for him.

Great episode!!! My favorite scenes in the episode was the Bran flashback and the Jon Snow scene. I think everyone knew Jon Snow was coming back at some point but it still surprised the **** out of me.

So the next question....

Will we be getting a remarkably different Jon? Colder? More powerful? Does he still hold to Ned's honor? Perhaps his near brush with oblivion has given him Varys' levels of forsight. Could he be a different altogether new level of physical badass? Beric turned into a Rhollr nut.

15 minutes ago, Flip Wilson said:

So what happened to Hodor/Willis?

Likely a head injury, probably from a horse as he was a stable boy.  Some are speculating he has Broca's aphasia, which allows him to understand what's being said to him, but he is unable to communicate other than a word or two.  http://www.aphasia.org/aphasia-resources/brocas-aphasia/

4 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

So the next question....

Will we be getting a remarkably different Jon? Colder? More powerful? Does he still hold to Ned's honor? Perhaps his near brush with oblivion has given him Varys' levels of forsight. Could he be a different altogether new level of physical badass? Beric turned into a Rhollr nut.

This is what I'm wondering, and honestly hoping for.  Show-Jon is a little dull, even if you do root for him. 

Flip Wilson and AF89 like this

50 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Likely a head injury, probably from a horse as he was a stable boy.  Some are speculating he has Broca's aphasia, which allows him to understand what's being said to him, but he is unable to communicate other than a word or two.  http://www.aphasia.org/aphasia-resources/brocas-aphasia/

This is what I'm wondering, and honestly hoping for.  Show-Jon is a little dull, even if you do root for him. 

Everyone: Jon you're back!!!

Jon: Excuse me sirs, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior the Lord of Light?

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Hodor hodor'd hodor's hodoring hodorese.  

Whatchya talk'n about Wylas?

(I can't take credit for that unfortunately :ninja: )

So a friend pointed out that

we get another Bran flashback in what appears to be Ned confronting soldiers at the Tower of Joy?  Are we about to get long awaited confirmation on R+J=_____?

On 5/4/2016 at 3:29 AM, slamee101 said:

So a friend pointed out that

Hide contents

we get another Bran flashback in what appears to be Ned confronting soldiers at the Tower of Joy?  Are we about to get long awaited confirmation on R+J=_____?

I don't think we get confirmation yet.  I think we get the confrontation, but I think there may be another flash back in episode 5 or so that deals with that. 

Game of Thrones: How death changes Jon Snow
Exclusive: Kit Harington on how being resurrected impacts his character

While we’re not going to reveal any plot details from Snow’s very dramatic arc this season, Harington did recount a conversation his character has with Melisandre in an upcoming episode (likely from Sunday’s third hour, “Oathbreaker”) that gives some intriguing insight about post-resurrection Jon Snow and suggests what he’ll be like moving forward.

Warning: If you wish to be like Jon Snow and know nothing about his character’s transformation, stop reading now. 

“At first, I was worried that he’ll wake up and he’s the same, back to normal — then there’s no point in that death,” Harington says. “He needs to change. There’s a brilliant line when Melisandre asks: ‘What did you see?’ And he says: ‘Nothing, there was nothing at all.’ That cuts right to our deepest fear, that there’s nothing after death. And that’s the most important line in the whole season for me. Jon’s never been afraid of death, and that’s made him a strong and honorable person. He realizes something about his life now: He has to live it, because that’s all there is. He’s been over the line and there’s nothing there. And that changes him. It literally puts the fear of god into him. He’s seen oblivion and that’s got to change somebody in the most fundamental way there is. He doesn’t want to die ever again. But if he does, he doesn’t want to be brought back.”

read more at http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/05/game-thrones-jon-snow-changes

mdrake34 likes this

On May 5, 2016 at 9:15 AM, mdrake34 said:

I don't think we get confirmation yet.  I think we get the confrontation, but I think there may be another flash back in episode 5 or so that deals with that. 

Looks like you nailed it, if the episode synopses are to be believed.  Episode 5:  "Bran learns a great deal."

mdrake34 and JDaveG like this