Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billy Ocean

Game of Thrones -- Season 6 Discussion + Season 7 Offseason News

756 posts in this topic

Wonder if this puts Melly Sanders in danger. We knew what Thoros could do with Dondarrion with ever decreasing results untill....well book people know the spoiler. 

 

Loved loved finally seeing Lyanna. Arguably my favorite off screen/pages character. Now if only we get to see a certain Targarian prince.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 3 and 4 might've been some my favorite seasons of anything ever. Hated last season. Feels like the show might just maybe be back on the upswing.

If nothing else that sense of surprise many of us haven't felt since season 1 is creeping back

Billy Ocean and mdrake34 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Wonder if this puts Melly Sanders in danger. We knew what Thoros could do with Dondarrion with ever decreasing results untill....well book people know the spoiler. 

 

Loved loved finally seeing Lyanna. Arguably my favorite off screen/pages character. Now if only we get to see a certain Targarian prince.

 

I got choked up seeing Lyanna. I will lose my **** if we see Rhaegar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I got chosed up seeing Lyanna. in will lose my **** if we see Rhaegar.

My want for some kind of prequel series is stronger than ever. Once they reveal R+L they need to get to casting and filming pronto. It could air in between seasons or like  Sparticus they could use a prequeal season in a replacement spot to give the main story some breathing room while they figure out things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Pretty sure Ramsey still needs to kill this guy

1024px-Michael_Bolton-03.jpg

 

Michael Bolton>>>>>>Ruse Bolton>>>>>>>Ramsey Bolton

AF89 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

I almost jumped out of my ******* seat when he came back. 

Yeah.  It's good cinematography when you can telegraph something that badly and still make everyone jump out of their skin  :lol:

Billy Ocean and mdrake34 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that was disappointed with the way they brought John back. I was hoping for some awesome Targaryen body burning thing. Now my favorite character is tied to my least favorite character.

toadfishtom likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Flip Wilson said:

Am I the only one that was disappointed with the way they brought John back. I was hoping for some awesome Targaryen body burning thing. Now my favorite character is tied to my least favorite character.

Remember, Jon's hand burned in season 1 when he grabbed the lantern to throw at the wight that was attacking LC Mormont. 

Bawse, Billy Ocean and Flip Wilson like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Flip Wilson said:

Am I the only one that was disappointed with the way they brought John back. I was hoping for some awesome Targaryen body burning thing. Now my favorite character is tied to my least favorite character.

I was disappointed only because of the long and obvious set up.  When Berric Dondarion was brought back to life, it was sudden and unexpected.  Everybody saw this coming a mile away, even if there were a few seconds of doubt about the success of it.  The way they shot the scene created some doubt, but ultimately it was obvious that we was going to succeed.  I didn't dislike it, just a little disappointed that it was telegraphed so much.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I was disappointed only because of the long and obvious set up.  When Berric Dondarion was brought back to life, it was sudden and unexpected.  Everybody saw this coming a mile away, even if there were a few seconds of doubt about the success of it.  The way they shot the scene created some doubt, but ultimately it was obvious that we was going to succeed.  I didn't dislike it, just a little disappointed that it was telegraphed so much.  

I thought it was well done, I was on the edge of my seat.  We knew it was going to happen, but weren't sure when or how.  And unlike TWD, the showrunners didn't screw around with an dragged out wait.

Bawse and Billy Ocean like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would've been tempted to make everyone squirm and held it till the end of the season maybe even set it up as an after credits scene. Thankfully I'm not a writer and they got out of the way what even people who don't watch the show knew was coming.

 

On a different note they really should have considered filming Bran's stuff last year even if they didn't use it. His growth spurt is painfully obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad they didn't drag this "resurrection" out til about the 7th episode like I thought they would.

As for it being predictable...that's a little unfair.  We ALL KNEW Jon was going to be back this season so I can't really knock them for it not being a huge surprise.

I did like that Ghost was able to sense it just before.  Popped up like, "Aww welcome back homie!"

 

Last night Ramsey became the Golden State Warriors to Joffrey's Chicago Bulls.  Most evil character this side of Westeros.

toadfishtom and Billy Ocean like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least Jon Snow wasn't hiding under a dumpster.

Really beautiful cinematography this episode, from beginning to end.

Jesus man these Sansa-Theon scenes vzTU8IC.png?1

The best, most-seasoned actors keep dying - Michael McElhatton was the perfect Roose Bolton - but I'm looking forward to more of Max Von Sydow as the Three-Eyed Raven.

I'm also looking forward to Tyrion riding a dragon.

 

Jimsmusic™ and mdrake34 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

I want to see if Jon is released from his vows.  I can see him wanting to stay and help defeat the WW, but I could also see him wanting to travel south to warn of the invasion.  Edd becomes the 999th lord commander.

I wish they would have let Stannis take the black

c94d372b58aee7f7960e005267aa3f52.jpg

Billy Ocean likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slamee101 said:

I'm glad they didn't drag this "resurrection" out til about the 7th episode like I thought they would.

As for it being predictable...that's a little unfair.  We ALL KNEW Jon was going to be back this season so I can't really knock them for it not being a huge surprise.

I did like that Ghost was able to sense it just before.  Popped up like, "Aww welcome back homie!"

 

Last night Ramsey became the Golden State Warriors to Joffrey's Chicago Bulls.  Most evil character this side of Westeros.

At this point with all the knife turning involved in characters we liked I'm certainly OK with a cliche trope going to a fan favorite. Knowing Martin and the show I'm sure their is going to be some downside to him being back but Jon had a great build up of his character and it's good to see him back.

Sometimes even Martin has to give in and give us a little something to enjoy, can't be doom and people we like dying all the time cause that itself becomes cliche.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Also, Wun Wun slamming the guy against the wall and just tossing him in front of the other Night's Watch men was one of the best things ever.

This was the best moment of the entire mini series. I would love to see the giant dismember Ramsey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, toadfishtom said:

This was the best moment of the entire mini series. I would love to see the giant dismember Ramsey. 

Robert Strong smearing that guy's head against the wall was pretty great too.  Also the look of relief on the guard's face when Strong turned around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites