Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billy Ocean

Game of Thrones -- Season 6 Discussion + Season 7 Offseason News

756 posts in this topic

This….is…..glorious…..

http://decider.com/2016/04/25/game-of-thrones-recap-season-6-episode-1-the-red-woman/

Some teasers:

"Let me answer the question you want to ask: Yes, I have read all of the Game of Thrones books. Yes, that makes me better than you. I am probably the only person you know who has ever read all of the books. I am brilliant. In a way, I’m a bit like a Maester. If you’re a fan of the show – because let’s face it you haven’t read the books like me – you know that Maesters are like wizards without any of the fun of being a wizard."

"Jon Snow is still dead. His corpse is blue and beautiful. Because Jon Snow is beautiful. His hair is perfectly conditioned. Did they have conditioner in fake Medieval times? Jon was Julius Caesared by the leaders of the Night’s Watch, an army of the unwanted whose only job is to protect the people of Westeros from the apocalypse they so richly deserve."

"Oh there’s a scene next featuring the Catholic Church and the Queen, who was in The Tudors, which was a show about history that was almost as believable as Game of Thrones."

And no, that's not all the good parts, just enough of them to get you to read this masterpiece.

18 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I enjoyed everything, except Dorne. 

"I shall avenge Oberyn and his sister by slaughtering what's left of their family." ~ Ellaria Sand

200.gif

Ellia Martell was raped and murdered!  Also, I murdered her other brother and nephew! 

Jimsmusic™ and JDaveG like this

1 hour ago, Billy Ocean said:

"I shall avenge Oberyn and his sister by slaughtering what's left of their family." ~ Ellaria Sand

200.gif

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

Ellia Martell was raped and murdered!  Also, I murdered her other brother and nephew! 

You guys must have functional inlaws...As flawed as her morals and reasoning are It doesn't strike me as odd that she did not embrace Oberyn's brother as family. She is only motivated by avenging Oberyn by killing the Lannisters at this point....and he was in the way. The only family that she embraces are the sand snakes.

2 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

200.gif

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

Feminists ... Pffft!

No in-laws. kPeDzbn.png?1

While avenging the sister who was raped and murdered might actually make sense (even though one could argue that with the Mountain and Tywin dead, that debt has more or less been paid), but the Turtles 'n Splinter only seem to care about Oberyn (who died voluntarily, legally, and foolishly). Also above all else, Oberyn really loved his family, so I'm sure he'd rather his children not kill his brother and nephew.

By the end of the episode I was hoping Jorah could find a way to give greyscale to everybody in Dorne, but that'd take too long, so I really wish that red comet would swing back around and crash into them, right after we've seen the one with the whip naked.

mdrake34, Jimsmusic™, AF89 and 1 other like this

Ramsey's a moron. Had he the guile of his father or Tywin he'd have at least kept the baby (Frey blooded heir to house Bolton) temporarily alive as a hostage against the Freys. Congrats Ramsey you and your forces are stuck in the North now. Yeah you've immediately secured the lordship but it's not like that baby was going to start making power plays, you were going to rule anyway. He's no capacity for long term strategy for all his short game cleverness

Anybody watched that after thrones thing? Looks like kind of a Talking Dead more content driven type format.

12 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Anybody watched that after thrones thing? Looks like kind of a Talking Dead more content driven type format.

I watched it last week and didn't make it through the whole thing.  Talking Dead is well done, i think, and has a lot of spontaneity to it.  The episode last week seemed over-acted and too scripted.  

17 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I watchedo.nit last week and didn't make it through the whole thing.  Talking Dead is well done, i think, and has a lot of spontaneity to it.  The episode last week seemed over-acted and too scripted.  

17 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I watched it last week and didn't make it through the whole thing.  Talking Dead is well done, i think, and has a lot of spontaneity to it.  The episode last week seemed over-acted and too scripted.  

Without looking it up I'm going to guess this is a podcast they brought cameras and a set up to