Justin Simmons Safety

33 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

They have us taking him in the 2nd. I'll be honest I don't know much about him. What is you alls take on h? Haven't seen him talked about on here.

I'd be very surprised if he goes that high. Mayock has him ranked at the 5th best S in his last two rankings so, it's possible but, CBS has him projected in the 5th. 

That being said, I love the guy. He plays off the ball at BC, which could make for a learning curve in our Defense but, I've watched a bunch of him lately and I believe he has the best play recognition of all the Saftey's in this class. Even better than Karl Joseph whom I also love. 

I believe putting Justin at the line would make the field smaller for him (although he plays great down field) and the smaller field would allow him to move/react faster to thing. He also covers well, hits hard and has very sticky hands. 

I love the pick but not sure about in the 2nd. 

23 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

I'd be very surprised if he goes that high. Mayock has him ranked at the 5th best S in his last two rankings so, it's possible but, CBS has him projected in the 5th. 

That being said, I love the guy. He plays off the ball at BC, which could make for a learning curve in our Defense but, I've watched a bunch of him lately and I believe he has the best play recognition of all the Saftey's in this class. Even better than Karl Joseph whom I also love. 

I believe putting Justin at the line would make the field smaller for him (although he plays great down field) and the smaller field would allow him to move/react faster to thing. He also covers well, hits hard and has very sticky hands. 

I love the pick but not sure about in the 2nd. 

Ok cool, thanks.

I've been checking him out since about a month before the combine, and I like him a lot. I really feel like he's a guy who may fall through the cracks a little & end up as a steal for someone.

He got good size/speed & excellent recognition. Not a vicious tackler who's going to take someone's head off, but he's got solid technique & is not afraid to get in there and put a hit on somebody. He can over-pursue sometimes, but is generally pretty sound. Pretty much everything ODB mentioned is spot on... he's not super flashy, but is very solid all around.

I think he would ideally be playing FS, but I can see him at SS and doing well, too.

I also agree w/ ODB that while I really like the kid, I think 2nd round may be a little higher than I'd like. Take him in the 3rd or later & I'm fine though.

16 minutes ago, mumblesjr,jr said:

i'll take any S this draft in the 2nd/3rd and be happy. can't roll with allen/ish as the 2 starters.

Dream draft for me:

1st - Jason Spriggs (O-line is set for the next 5 years & gives us flexibility should Schraeder split next year)
2nd - Darian Thompson SS
3rd - Deion Jones WLB
4th - Justin Simmons FS
7th - Dom Williams WR

Wouldnt take him in the 2nd at all.  He's one of my most underrated prospects.  Great open field tackler and has a knack for finding the ball.  He's got to add weight though.  3rd rounder if im enamored, 4th round at the highest.  Should go in the 5th.

4 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

They have us taking him in the 2nd. I'll be honest I don't know much about him. What is you alls take on h? Haven't seen him talked about on here.

You can't believe every thing you hear. Just another Mock,, It's not our pick yet.. TD and Quinn will make the pick.  Thankfully...

2 hours ago, k-train said:

Dream draft for me:

1st - Jason Spriggs (O-line is set for the next 5 years & gives us flexibility should Schraeder split next year)
2nd - Darian Thompson SS
3rd - Deion Jones WLB
4th - Justin Simmons FS
7th - Dom Williams WR

2 safeties!!!!???? that's cra

4 hours ago, k-train said:

I've been checking him out since about a month before the combine, and I like him a lot. I really feel like he's a guy who may fall through the cracks a little & end up as a steal for someone.

He got good size/speed & excellent recognition. Not a vicious tackler who's going to take someone's head off, but he's got solid technique & is not afraid to get in there and put a hit on somebody. He can over-pursue sometimes, but is generally pretty sound. Pretty much everything ODB mentioned is spot on... he's not super flashy, but is very solid all around.

I think he would ideally be playing FS, but I can see him at SS and doing well, too.

I also agree w/ ODB that while I really like the kid, I think 2nd round may be a little higher than I'd like. Take him in the 3rd or later & I'm fine though.

Sounds like James Sanders 

3 hours ago, k-train said:

Dream draft for me:

2nd - Darian Thompson SS
3rd - Deion Jones WLB
4th - Justin Simmons FS
7th - Dom Williams WR

I think Thompson makes it to the 3rd before Jones does.

17 minutes ago, k-train said:

Yeah, they are both probably gone by the 3rd unfortunately. I could be ok with D. Campbell or K. Fackrell in the 3rd if Jones is gone though.

Campbell I think is a bit of a sleeper it may take him a year or so but I think he turns out decent.