My dream draft, 1st and only mock draft

The Rock

Given the value of talent likely to be available at 17, I went with BPA, rather than reaching for need. I like D.Lee and Ragland, but they are late 1st round talents in my eyes. Also most of the Dline available offer more as run defenders rather than pass rushers.  So here's my mock.

1st. S Karl Joseph - West Virginia   ------ Best Safety in the draft, if not for his injury he would be a top 10 pick. Versatile enough to play both FS and SS. Earl Tomas type player.

2nd. LB Deon Jones - LSU  ------ Speedy linebacker that plays "fast and phsical" and can cover. Needs a simple defense that doesn't require a lot of thinking, just run and hit.

3rd. DE Yannick Ngakoue - Maryland --- He one of the more pure pass rushers in this draft, with 13.5 sacks and 15 TFL last season. his stock has been rising after a strong combine

4th. TE Moritz Boehringer - Germany ---- Former WR said he's open to playing TE and actually said the Falcons are looking at his as TE. Has Jimmy Graham potential, but raw. 

7th WR/KR Kareem Grant - Texas Tech ---- Blazing fast WR with elite agility, undersized but could replace Hester, and add value in the short-intermediate passing game. 

Feel free to let me know what you think and offer criticism. I have my flame suit on. :ninja:

5 hours ago, WAR said:

Awful, just plain awful. Joseph is nice and all, but he is a smaller Willy Mo.. always looking for the big hit. Would take him in the 3rd... but at 17? dude you're ****

Joseph is a ball hawk, and was on pace to have double digit INTs. He will be a first round pick guaranteed. 

Edit: Link 

Edited by The Rock

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2016 at 7:02 PM, falconfansince66 said:

I smelled what the "Rock Was Cooking".  Good picks but you've got your rounds mixed up.  Add a first rounder and drop everyone else a round and you might be 'cookin'....

I guess my only mock wasn't that far off from what happened,  Joseph got picked right before we could select him, so did Yannick Ngakoue. I thought we would be able to address TE in the 4th if we got Ngakoue in the 3rd, but Hooper is the next best option with Ngakoue off the board.