"Fast & Physical" .... It has nothing to do with a 40 time.

A lot of folks take the 40 times from the NFL and automatically relate that speed with the first portion of DQ's "fast and physical" desire.

But apparently, no one really seems to remember DQ's comments about the faster, and slower, 40 times. DQ speficially mentioned that a players tape, and speed in which they play the game, was the real test to label someone "fast and physical".

"We gotta do our homework and make sure they play that way" i believe was the direct quote.

Players can have all the straight line speed they want. I theyre not taking the proper angles, being physical against a block, or show poor awareness or play recognition, theyre gonna play SLOW!

Same goes for coverage ability. Playing coverage in the middle of the field is about play recognition and anticipation, not straight line speed.

Plenty of players out there that run a slower 40 time, but play faster than a 4.3 guy.

2 minutes ago, KCartledge85 said:

A lot of folks take the 40 times from the NFL and automatically relate that speed with the first portion of DQ's "fast and physical" desire.

But apparently, no one really seems to remember DQ's comments about the faster, and slower, 40 times. DQ speficially mentioned that a players tape, and speed in which they play the game, was the real test to label someone "fast and physical".

"We gotta do our homework and make sure they play that way" i believe was the direct quote.

Players can have all the straight line speed they want. I theyre not taking the proper angles, being physical against a block, or show poor awareness or play recognition, theyre gonna play SLOW!

Same goes for coverage ability. Playing coverage in the middle of the field is about play recognition and anticipation, not straight line speed.

Plenty of players out there that run a slower 40 time, but play faster than a 4.3 guy.

What an orignal thought. 

Wow another Lee vs. Ragland Thread.

Somebody better tell Lee because apparently he didn't interpret Quinn message right.

Ohio State's Darron Lee understands Falcons' need for speed

Former Ohio State linebacker Darron Lee didn't have an extended conversation with coach Dan Quinn when Lee met with a room full of Atlanta Falcons representatives during this year's NFL combine.

There was no need for it. Lee understood Quinn's message loud and clear from the minute the meeting started.

"He was a really cool dude; serious," Lee said of Quinn. "He was really trying to find guys with speed, and he made that clear. He made that absolutely clear. And I was like, 'Yeah, that's me.'"

Edited by Truth B Told (TRU)

41 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

Yes.....knowing where to be and when to be there is very important...doesnt help the team to go 100 miles per hour in the wrong direction.

I remember DeAngelo Hall of all people saying something similar. A 4.5 will beat a 4.3 going the wrong direction every time. 

1 hour ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Al Davis was all about those 40's and he set the Raiders back 10 years. 

Al Davis was a genius he for saw where the league was going to go hence the stopwatch and his draft ethic of prioritising speed over most things.The guy understood speed was the key because of the ability to play in space and spread offences and what not.

If youdon't have that element of speed in your team your doomed that's offensively and defensively.

9 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Jarvis Landry is a prime example. No only did he not run fast at the Combine. He sucked at the vertical, broad, and the bench press. When he's on the field, he's a beast.

I prefer to look at Julio Jones. Great at the combine and great on the field.