Jump to content

OSU LB Duo


Kayoh
 Share

Recommended Posts

Would anyone here object if we ended up getting Darron Lee in the 1st and then coming right back and selecting Joshua Perry in the 2nd? The value is all there and then we could use our 3rd, 4th & 7th rd picks on other positions, like some combination of SS, NT, CB, DE, G, WR and TE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, maorifalcon said:

Yes, not that big a fan of the two. I like Brown from Akron after seeing his tape and measurables/production 

I like him too. This isn't really asking if Lee & Perry would be your IDEAL 1st & 2nd rd picks, just an idea I had that I think could actually work pretty well for us. Lee at Will, Perry at Mike, those guys fit those roles really well imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

I like him too. This isn't really asking if Lee & Perry would be your IDEAL 1st & 2nd rd picks, just an idea I had that I think could actually work pretty well for us. Lee at Will, Perry at Mike, those guys fit those roles really well imo.

I kinda trust Quinn 100% so if we draft them both I'll be okay with it since it's what Quinn wants. Obviously I'd rather us go another way but I'm no expert lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, maorifalcon said:

I kinda trust Quinn 100% so if we draft them both I'll be okay with it since it's what Quinn wants. Obviously I'd rather us go another way but I'm no expert lol

yeah, that's understandable. I like trying to get inside Quinn's head and figure out what he's thinking ahead of time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Perry more than Lee, to be honest. Darron Lee seems to me like a poor mans Ryan Shazier, I think Shazier is tougher, and faster..to be honest. I'm looking at FULL game tape of Lee as I type this, and literally the first play against Hawaii, he gets beat on a slant, and allows like 30 yac. Skipping 2 plays ahead, he whiffs on a tackle on the RB. There's a play a little while later where he forces the QB to make an errant throw, but Lee was virtually untouched. That's the first quarter and he was exposed twice. I don't even like watching his tape. He doesn't jump out. He's fast. But, Quinn doesn't want Fast and questionable. He wants fast and physical. Lee in the second round, maybe -- but we need a guy who can START and make somewhat of a difference, and I don't see Lee being that person. Perry is a good ILB to me though. In Lee tape even, he's the player I see. But another thing about Lee --- If he was on some team like Idaho State, he would be a 5th rounder - if that. He'd be a Jatavis Brown. But he's on a team with a top 5 safety, top 5 CB, top 3 DE, A top something DT, etc.. This team was loaded with defensive talent. I originally liked him, but honestly I don't now, after actually watching tape, and not highlights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not my favorite scenario but it's probably not the worst either. This would be more of a pure draft for need vs BPA at a position of need IMO because I would expect there to be higher rated players at positions where we could use help at our second pick, if not both. Now if Perry is there in the 3rd I'd be much more comfortable taking him there. I still haven't wrapped my head around Lee in the first though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Kayoh said:

Would anyone here object if we ended up getting Darron Lee in the 1st and then coming right back and selecting Joshua Perry in the 2nd? The value is all there and then we could use our 3rd, 4th & 7th rd picks on other positions, like some combination of SS, NT, CB, DE, G, WR and TE.

I'll see  your two Buckeyes and raise to 3. 

1. Lee

2. Perry

3. Vannet

4. Justin Simmons (SS) I know you'll probably challenge this pick with the same Center fielder argument as you have for KJ but IMO this guy has the best play recognition of any SS or FS. Making the field smaller by moving him up to the line should make him even better. 

 

Anyway, I'm starting to believe Lee and Floyd will be gone but, I'm loving the idea of Perry at MLB. 

Edited by The O.D.B
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wouldn't love it. Lee is fast but is really lacking in physicality and instincts. As far as Perry goes, he's almost the opposite. He's a really good tackler, but lacks the movement ability to be anything more than a thumper.

Combine the best traits of the two and you have a complete player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm an Ohio State alum and would love for us to draft Buckeyes. That said, if we were going to draft two OSU guys, I'd say Nick Vannett in the 3rd and Adolphus Washington in the 4th (if he falls that far) would be the two I'd vote far.

Vannett would be the ideal TE for us because he has the size and run-blocking skills and was under utilized as a pass catcher in college. 

If we can get Adolphus Washington in the 4th, he'd be a huge value pick for us in a position of need. He's a penetrating DT who specializes in getting up field and rushing the passer. The one reason I see Washington falling is the depth of this DT class and Adolphus' off the field issues. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2016 at 3:07 PM, A-TowN.- said:

I wouldn't complain, but the LB from OSU that I like hasn't declared yet. McMillan is the best of the bunch. 

On 4/17/2016 at 4:17 PM, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Yep Raekwon Is a beast

I'm watching Perry and I keep noticing 5 screwing up, not staying true to his gap. I'm sure it's a problem that he'll work out, but he's really bad at gap integrity. The more I see of these three guys the more I feel like Perry was the best player of the three at OSU. I think Lee will have a more impactful & successful NFL career as a whole since he was asked to do SO MUCH at OSU (like covering WRs) but Perry looks like the best LB on the field watching them at OSU.

On 4/18/2016 at 8:37 PM, Sandy5prings said:

I'm an Ohio State alum and would love for us to draft Buckeyes. That said, if we were going to draft two OSU guys, I'd say Nick Vannett in the 3rd and Adolphus Washington in the 4th (if he falls that far) would be the two I'd vote far.

Vannett would be the ideal TE for us because he has the size and run-blocking skills and was under utilized as a pass catcher in college. 

If we can get Adolphus Washington in the 4th, he'd be a huge value pick for us in a position of need. He's a penetrating DT who specializes in getting up field and rushing the passer. The one reason I see Washington falling is the depth of this DT class and Adolphus' off the field issues. 

I like AW's tape but he's a reallllly bad athlete. Bottom of the barrel bad. Maybe he can overcome it, we'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2016 at 4:34 AM, Kayoh said:

Would anyone here object if we ended up getting Darron Lee in the 1st and then coming right back and selecting Joshua Perry in the 2nd? The value is all there and then we could use our 3rd, 4th & 7th rd picks on other positions, like some combination of SS, NT, CB, DE, G, WR and TE.

I would be ok with this 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That would make me through up. I do not like ether 1 of them. I hope Lee is gone before we pick I really do not thank he will. I think TE S or OL is round 2. Just ready for it to get here want to see who they are after. I really thank its Floyd or Ragland.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...