Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colin_Pernett

Will Trader Thomas strike again?

52 posts in this topic

2011. TD trades up for Julio

2013. TD trades up for Trufant

2014. TD has trade in place to go up to #3 for Jake Matthews. Also wanted to trade back into the first for Dee Ford r Ryan Shazier

2015. TD said Vic was his guy all along. I feel as though we would have traded up if he wasn't going to fall to us

It is very clear that the Falcon's draft strategy in the past is to go after the guy they really covet. We worked out Myles Jack and he is such a great fit and his old coach is even on our staff. I know most here would be completely against trading up, but based on our history, if we are in love with him or another player that will go before 17, I feel like we could be at least looking to move up

3 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

I understand the premise but why include 2 years that he did NOT trade up and then say "well he would have" based on pure speculation. I know there were rumors about him trading up to get Jake but it didn't happen so why include it?

Because I think it was confirmed with Jake. Plus it illustrates that he gets tunnel vision for a prospect

When you trade up, you usually have your 5th and 6th round picks to fill in some role players. ...we dont have those picks...we just dont gave any way to trade up very far.... we stay put and draft our guys this year...unless a player falls unexpectedly 

41 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Because I think it was confirmed with Jake. Plus it illustrates that he gets tunnel vision for a prospect

But he didn't do it? 

AndySG likes this

Not enough picks and too many holes. Mind you these holes are from him trading up and missing on everything else. Traitor Thomas should have been gone with Smitty

GreggT likes this

Probably not, unless TD and company falls head over heels for Myles Jack. I can't see it happening though.

1 hour ago, birdz4i said:

but that ruins his point?

LOL, it's funny the lengths people go to try and make their posts sound "better". Just throw in some speculation and rumors and what-ifs....and voila!!

3 minutes ago, kevykev21 said:

LOL, it's funny the lengths people go to try and make their posts sound "better". Just throw in some speculation and rumors and what-ifs....and voila!!

What's funnier is that they think no one will notice. 

Ironhead1956 and Falconsfan567 like this