Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colin_Pernett

Falcons first round big board

12 posts in this topic

Okay so it is almost certain that two QBs, a running back, two corners, and two tackles will go before the 17th overall pick. So that leaves 10 spots for players the Falcons would be interested in picking. So I ask you, who are your top ten players for the Falcons to take in the first round since there is a 99% chance one will be available?

Mine would be

1.Myles Jack

2. Joey Bosa

3. Deforest Buckner

4. Leonard Floyd

5. Shaq Lawson

6.  Noah Spence

7. Jonathan Bullard

8. Su'a Cravens

9. Cody Whitehair

10. Darron Lee

11 minutes ago, Romfal said:

this seems like a decent thread idea, but then you go put a bunch of fringe 1st round guys ahead of Darron Lee just to show off your hate

I don't hate him. I just love those fringe first round guys a lot more than most people. I'd be fine with Lee. It's not a knock against him it's just I like day 2 options at will better than using a first on Lee

vitaman and AndySG like this

I'll list guys who actually have a chance to drop to us at 17 to make my 10.

Shaq Lawson
Darron Lee
Sheldon Rankins
Robert Nkemdeche
Andrew Billings
Noah Spence
Leonard Floyd
Emmanual Ogbah
Jaylon Smith - he goes to #1 if healthy enough to play this year and no nerve damage.
Reggie Ragland / Su'a Cravens

I think about three years ago, the Falcons started using more data analytics in their draft decisions. We know that Quinn wants "fast and physical", however most board members only focus on the "fast" in that quote. There is still a fairly hard "Falcon Filter". While some thought it "relaxed" last year with Collins, see this year...so I still think it's there. Lastly, Quinn has been preaching competitiveness and toughness/grit...Check out theProfs post that is ongoing on players scouted by the Falcons...some of us have known this for years, but almost every player the Falcons have drafted in the first 3-4 rounds, we have worked out pre draft...

With all of that being said, I think it is obvious as to why some players are not in my big board...be realistic guys.

My Big Board:

1. Myles Jack (Fast, athletic, former coach, great size.....leadership? toughness?)

2. Darron Lee (fast, can turn and run....missed tackles? leadership? size?)

3. ***Trade back***

4. Reggie Ragland (physical, instinctive, leader.......mobility? speed? weight issues?)

5. Deion Jones (fast, physical, leader....size? experience? Saints fan?)

6. Darian Thompson (playmaker, instinctive, leader.....speed?)

7. Keanu Neal (physical, fast.......experience? leadership?)

8. Kamalei Correa (athletic, productive.....limitations in space? size? leader?)

9. Su'a Cravens (playmaker, leader, physical....competitiveness? athleticism?)

10. Jason Spriggs (athletic, experience, size.....position change?, technique?)

11. Cody Whitehair (athletic, position versatility......weak?, size?)

12. Vonn Bell (playmaker, athletic.......size? leadership?)

13. Jeremy Cash (playmaker, tackling, size......athleticism? injury?)

14. Austin Hooper (hands, routes, size/blocker.......speed?)

15. Nick Vigil (instincts, tackling, leadership........athleticism? coverage?)

16. Jaylon Smith (the one player that doesn't make any sense to us, but he is going to be a super star in 2017)

kiwifalcon likes this

4 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I think about three years ago, the Falcons started using more data analytics in their draft decisions. We know that Quinn wants "fast and physical", however most board members only focus on the "fast" in that quote. There is still a fairly hard "Falcon Filter". While some thought it "relaxed" last year with Collins, see this year...so I still think it's there. Lastly, Quinn has been preaching competitiveness and toughness/grit...Check out theProfs post that is ongoing on players scouted by the Falcons...some of us have known this for years, but almost every player the Falcons have drafted in the first 3-4 rounds, we have worked out pre draft...

With all of that being said, I think it is obvious as to why some players are not in my big board...be realistic guys.

My Big Board:

1. Myles Jack (Fast, athletic, former coach, great size.....leadership? toughness?)

2. Darron Lee (fast, can turn and run....missed tackles? leadership? size?)

3. ***Trade back***

4. Reggie Ragland (physical, instinctive, leader.......mobility? speed? weight issues?)

5. Deion Jones (fast, physical, leader....size? experience? Saints fan?)

6. Darian Thompson (playmaker, instinctive, leader.....speed?)

7. Keanu Neal (physical, fast.......experience? leadership?)

8. Kamalei Correa (athletic, productive.....limitations in space? size? leader?)

9. Su'a Cravens (playmaker, leader, physical....competitiveness? athleticism?)

10. Jason Spriggs (athletic, experience, size.....position change?, technique?)

11. Cody Whitehair (athletic, position versatility......weak?, size?)

12. Vonn Bell (playmaker, athletic.......size? leadership?)

13. Jeremy Cash (playmaker, tackling, size......athleticism? injury?)

14. Austin Hooper (hands, routes, size/blocker.......speed?)

15. Nick Vigil (instincts, tackling, leadership........athleticism? coverage?)

16. Jaylon Smith (the one player that doesn't make any sense to us, but he is going to be a super star in 2017)

LOL.  You are one Leonard Floyd Hat'in SunOBeech!!  : )

3 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

LOL.  You are one Leonard Floyd Hat'in SunOBeech!!  : )

Falcons signed Upshaw after Floyds pro day. I don't see him on the radar...I get his athleticism, but we don't have anywhere to play him...

He is NOT a MLB or WLB

atlGM likes this

1 hour ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Falcons signed Upshaw after Floyds pro day. I don't see him on the radar...I get his athleticism, but we don't have anywhere to play him...

He is NOT a MLB or WLB

You may be right; you may be wrong.  But there is more to the story....

Hmmmm...  I wonder if Floyd could be useful as a SS (aka Kam Chancellor style) and also be used to rush the passer as a Leo , or simply rush from the SS position when in the box.