Who is the pick?

1. Los Angeles- Jared Goff QB

2. Philidelphia- Carson Wentz QB (hypothetically going with the trade rumors)

3. San Diego- Leremy Tunsil OT

4. Dallas- Jalen Ramsey CB/S

5. Jacksonville- Myles Jack LB

6. Baltimore- Deforest Buckner DE

7. San Francisco- Joey Bosa DE

8. Cleveland- Ronnie Stanley OT

9. Tampa Bay- Shaq Lawson DE

10. New York Giants- Jack Conklin OT

11. Chicago- Vernon Hargreaves CB

12. New Orleans- Ezekiel Elliot RB

13. Miami- Eli Apple CB

14. Oakland- Corey Coleman WR

15. Tennessee- Darron Lee OLB

16. Detroit- Jarron Reed DT

17. ???????????????

43 minutes ago, JRob215 said:

Floyd. No hesitation.

I like his motor, love his motor, but I've begun to think he might be kind of like Manny Lawson a couple years ago coming out of North Carolina State. Reason being, he's a very gifted athlete, but struggles with the power side of the game. Manny was like that coming out, extremely gifted athletically, quick off the edge and everything. Played everywhere at North Carolina, very similar to Floyd in size and the way he was used and everything, 49ers drafted him as an edge rusher originally, because he couldn't keep a tackle honest with his power game that didn't last long. They moved him to linebacker in there base packages, but that wasn't a good fit either, he was too high cut and just not comfortable, didn't have those linebacker instincts needed. Can't remember what team he went to after that, it was either the Bengals or Bills but Floyd hate to say it seems the same way. Because he struggles so much with the power side of the game, I'm very hesitant to say he's a straight out pass rusher, especially in our 4-3 under scheme, don't see him fitting there. And when I do watch him at UGA playing inside linebacker he doesn't look comfortable so I don't know if he would fit there for us either. And I don't think putting him at weak is an ideal use of his talents. I think his true and only fit is 3-4 rush linebacker, basically playing that same elephant role he played the last 2 years at UGA. Who really knows at the end of the day...

57 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

Where are we playing him? Where does he fit in our scheme?

I think he'd be a situational rusher in year one. His long term position is probably SLB, but I think he could play all over the place, which is a good thing. He's one of the best athletes in the draft, and as long as you have a plan for guys like that, it's probably going to workout.

2 hours ago, JRob215 said:

I think he'd be a situational rusher in year one. His long term position is probably SLB, but I think he could play all over the place, which is a good thing. He's one of the best athletes in the draft, and as long as you have a plan for guys like that, it's probably going to workout.

Yeah, dude is a beast athletically...  we are going to HAVE TO put him right beside that 3 cause it won't be any inside moves coming out of him as far as rushing the passer, lol..

1 hour ago, m2Falcons said:

Per your previous 16 picks; Floyd. 

35 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

Sheldon Rankins... Want that pass rush from the middle 

Honestly, just thinking about it now, I know I'm about to p*ss some people off here but in this instance I wouldn't mind them turning the falcon filter off and picking up Robert Nkemdiche in this scenario. I think from a straight up scheme fit and football stand point would be the best player left on the board. Aside from maybe Myles Jack, he is the next "freak of nature" athlete in this draft. I mean up until maybe what late December he was the best player in the draft. It's him Myles Jack, and Jaylon Smith who are/were the freaks this year.  Tape wise I think Sheldon Rankins tape is about the same as Nkemdiche, Rankins popped at the Senior Bowl in one on ones, I don't see that same thing consistently in the game and not to the point where I'm taking him over Nkemdiche as my inside guy. Rankins is a good player, but give me the freak.

If not Nkemdiche, I would still go Kevin Dodd before Floyd, I think he fits better and it's more upside there.