Next to last mock

Just now, ike barn87987 said:

He's played all 3 before. Experience

not in our defense. Our defense isn't the same as every other defense he's played in, you can't just assume that. He's a will in our defense for a reason, he's not great against the run.

1 minute ago, Kayoh said:

not in our defense. Our defense isn't the same as every other defense he's played in, you can't just assume that. He's a will in our defense for a reason, he's not great against the run.

Check our roster. Do u really want Worrilow starting in the middle again? Wheeler was re-signed to take the middle. Everybody else are strong or weak.

Just now, ike barn87987 said:

Check our roster. Do u really want Worrilow starting in the middle again? Wheeler was re-signed to take the middle. Everybody else are strong or weak.

lmfao no I don't want Worrilow OR Wheeler starting in the middle, that's why I said no MLB = no thanks in the first place. Our LB spots are all pretty dreadful.

12 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Lol. Swipe for android. Screws you every time

no worries, when I am on my phone and spellcheck - everytime I type in "Quinn" my phone corrects it to "Quinnipiac".

got in a discussion about Clowney yesterday and auto-corrected to "Clowns" - which some would agree - lol.

35 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

lmfao no I don't want Worrilow OR Wheeler starting in the middle, that's why I said no MLB = no thanks in the first place. Our LB spots are all pretty dreadful.

Ragland is poor fit for our defense.

Leonard Floyd is not a middle linebacker.

nobody else at MLB is really all that talented.

Just now, g-dawg said:

Ragland is poor fit for our defense.

Leonard Floyd is not a middle linebacker.

nobody else at MLB is really all that talented.

our FO sees Floyd as a MLB, I like him there better than any healthy player in this draft not named Myles Jack

6 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

our FO sees Floyd as a MLB, I like him there better than any healthy player in this draft not named Myles Jack

I don't believe our FO sees it that way.  I'm sure you are basing that on some quote of Quinn's - but I don't believe it.

Floyd is not a 4-3 MLB in the NFL.  He just is not.

Just now, g-dawg said:

I'm sure you are basing that on some quote of Quinn's

correct

Just now, g-dawg said:

but I don't believe it.

why?

Just now, g-dawg said:

Floyd is not a 4-3 MLB in the NFL.  He just is not.

based on what? Are you another one of those "he's not big or bulky enough to play MLB in the NFL" people? Because realistically even at his current weight he'd probably be the best run defender in our LB corps not counting Upshaw. That, and at 6'6 he's got plenty of room to add bulk without losing out on his athleticism.

21 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

correct

why?

based on what? Are you another one of those "he's not big or bulky enough to play MLB in the NFL" people? Because realistically even at his current weight he'd probably be the best run defender in our LB corps not counting Upshaw. That, and at 6'6 he's got plenty of room to add bulk without losing out on his athleticism.

Floyd was not a run-stuffer at Georgia when he moved inside.

Floyd will not be stout enough at the point of attack.

Give me the NFL equivalent of a 6'6" middle linebacker - there is not one.

I know you love him - but he is not a MLB and you wishing it so does not make it so.  If you want to argue edge rusher, fine but that is a different conversation altogether.   Our run defense would be worse with Leonard Floyd in the middle - yes - worse.

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Floyd was not a run-stuffer at Georgia when he moved inside.

Floyd will not be stout enough at the point of attack.

Give me the NFL equivalent of a 6'6" middle linebacker - there is not one.

I know you love him - but he is not a MLB and you wishing it so does not make it so.  If you want to argue edge rusher, fine but that is a different conversation altogether.   Our run defense would be worse with Leonard Floyd in the middle - yes - worse.

I've watched so much Floyd tape. Overall, I see him as a plus run defender. I see his run defense as more comparable to a guy like Khalil Mack than a thumper like Lofton or Spikes.

He's really, really good at weaving his way through traffic, avoiding blocks, and making the tackles. He's a reliable tackler, too. I know there's a gif out there of him getting trucked by Derrick Henry, but friggin everybody got trucked by Henry, that's kind of the only thing that people like about Henry as a player in the first place.

I love Floyd's agility and I think what makes him special is his versatility. We can use him as our MLB most of the time, but if we want we can also ask him to put his hand in the dirt and rush from what basically equate to a LEO position.

I just imagine Floyd playing MLB on most downs, but then if the offense goes with an empty set, we rush 6 to overload the OL with Beasley, Floyd, Shelby, Clayborn, Jarrett and Hageman. Something like that. Floyd is a special player - he's my #1 EDGE player in this class and #2 off-ball LB behind Jack.

I think we can draft him, use him at whatever position we need him the most at, and then we can just go BPA in next year's draft and figure out where we want Floyd to play from that point. I just think Floyd is too valuable overall as a player to pass on because "oh, well he can't do this, can't do that". The way I see it, there's nothing he can't do if you just ask him to dedicate to doing it.

3 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

I've watched so much Floyd tape. Overall, I see him as a plus run defender. I see his run defense as more comparable to a guy like Khalil Mack than a thumper like Lofton or Spikes.

He's really, really good at weaving his way through traffic, avoiding blocks, and making the tackles. He's a reliable tackler, too. I know there's a gif out there of him getting trucked by Derrick Henry, but friggin everybody got trucked by Henry, that's kind of the only thing that people like about Henry as a player in the first place.

I love Floyd's agility and I think what makes him special is his versatility. We can use him as our MLB most of the time, but if we want we can also ask him to put his hand in the dirt and rush from what basically equate to a LEO position.

I just imagine Floyd playing MLB on most downs, but then if the offense goes with an empty set, we rush 6 to overload the OL with Beasley, Floyd, Shelby, Clayborn, Jarrett and Hageman. Something like that. Floyd is a special player - he's my #1 EDGE player in this class and #2 off-ball LB behind Jack.

I think we can draft him, use him at whatever position we need him the most at, and then we can just go BPA in next year's draft and figure out where we want Floyd to play from that point. I just think Floyd is too valuable overall as a player to pass on because "oh, well he can't do this, can't do that". The way I see it, there's nothing he can't do if you just ask him to dedicate to doing it.

easier to play ILB in a 3-4 than MLB in a 4-3.  more responsibility in the run game. ;)

Just now, g-dawg said:

easier to play ILB in a 3-4 than MLB in a 4-3.  more responsibility in the run game. ;)

I don't disagree with you, but I'm doing some projecting with Floyd. Our MLB only needs to worry about 1 gap and I think Floyd can handle that, plus his assets in coverage and as a pass rusher make it worth taking him even if you think he'll be an average run defender.

5 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

I don't disagree with you, but I'm doing some projecting with Floyd. Our MLB only needs to worry about 1 gap and I think Floyd can handle that, plus his assets in coverage and as a pass rusher make it worth taking him even if you think he'll be an average run defender.

I don't see Floyd as an average run defender - almost no one does.   Same argument as saying Ragland is an average coverage linebacker.

It is OK to like one or the other but be realistic about the flaws and don't paper over them.   Floyd is weak and he will be a liability in the run defense.

I remember last year nobody wanted to admit that Vic Beasley was a liability in run defense - and he was in college and he is a liability in run defense so far in the NFL.