Venezuela, the 5 day weekend.

2 hours ago, Joremarid said:

Again, I'm not a sanders supporter at all. But he has a lot of people shook up for someone who can't win.

George McGovern shook a lot of people as well when he lost. Losing is not a good thing for the progressive movement. It was a dark time for the left during the 70/80s.

And are you referring to the fact that he cannot win the general or the primary. Because much of the fear with the primary comes with Birdie not endorsing and campaigning for HRC, which is what makes the NV state convention claims so ridiculous. HRC camp would have happily give Bernie the two crappy delegates he stole from the county convention. She has a ~300 delegate lead. 3x Obama's delegate lead over her. 2 crappy delegates mean nothing to her lead.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Joremarid said:

Why should bernie support hrc? Cause she is a democrat?

Why shouldn't Bernie support HRC? 

Bernie has said he wants the democratic nom to become president. He has endorsed the democratic nom over the green party nom since the 90s.( not sure about 2012, since he wanted Obama to have a primary challenger). They voted the same over 90% of the time while in the senate together. Democrats continuing to win helps push the conversation to the left. Plus all his work of getting a larger voice in the democratic party means nothing without HRC in the white house.  If HRC wins, he is poised for some leadership roles in the senate.

Plus he has stated that he plans on staying a democrat, so supporting your parties nominee is smart. 

1 minute ago, Joremarid said:

Because she is a horribly flawed untrustworthy wall street candidate  (where's the speeches? ). Your argument is basically well she's the nominee.... so? It should take more then the letter next to her name to get anyone's vote.

I also mentioned how they voted same 90% of the time. He has also said before that he likes HRC.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/17/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-spoiler

And Bernie does not care about wall street speeches.

Resisting Attacks

At several points in 2015, Mr. Sanders rejected strategies that most serious candidates would embrace against an opponent.

In October, as they gathered at a hotel outside Las Vegas to prepare for the first Democratic debate, Mr. Sanders’s advisers urged him to challenge Mrs. Clinton over accepting $675,000 from Goldman Sachs for delivering three speeches, according to two Sanders advisers. They thought the speaking fees meshed with the senator’s message about Wall Street excess and a rigged America. But Mr. Sanders, hunched over a U-shaped conference table, rejected it as a personal attack on Mrs. Clinton’s income — the sort of character assault he has long opposed. She has the right to make money, he offered.

Throughout the fall, his team urged him to rethink that stand. The campaign’s internal polling and focus groups showed that Mrs. Clinton was vulnerable on the issue. And she was hitting him, especially on gun control. Yet he refused.

Only in mid-January did Mr. Sanders change his mind, when news broke that Goldman Sachs had escaped harsh penalties for its role in the financial crisis. 

How is she a wall street candidate anyways? She has given many speeches in her time. It is not like she only gave speeches to goldman sachs. Is she a __________ candidate for every person she gave a speech to or only the ones you do not like? She gave paid speeches to colleges. Does that make her the College/University candidate as well. 

Also why do you care what she said in her speech? Do you believe she was making some secret deals in said speeches?

Also trustworthiness is pretty subjective. I find her trustworthy. 

7 minutes ago, Joremarid said:

It's not really about who bernie supports, it's about who his supporters support. HRC wants the very people that her supporters call BernieBros, bernouts, the people who insult their intelligence, diminish their arguments, and marginalize their opinions. 

I would argue his support would go a long way, but you are correct. It is about BernieBros/Bernouts/etc. Are you implying that Bernie supporters do not do the same thing to HRC supporters, especially black HRC supporters from the south? Both sides have acted childish and dismissed the other side. That is why it is on the leaders to create the bridge and mend the broken bonds. Same thing happened in 2008, but BernieOfBust is a much smaller group than the PUMAs.

6 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I would argue his support would go a long way, but you are correct. It is about BernieBros/Bernouts/etc. Are you implying that Bernie supporters do not do the same thing to HRC supporters, especially black HRC supporters from the south? Both sides have acted childish and dismissed the other side. That is why it is on the leaders to create the bridge and mend the broken bonds. Same thing happened in 2008, but BernieOfBust is a much smaller group than the PUMAs.

No I'm not saying the bernie supporters are doing anything different, and judging by the small sample size of my Facebook feed it seems that many more are on the never hillary train more so the  the republicans. That being said I'm also not the one demanding that bernie supporters support a candidate that they don't want to just for party affiliation. 

2 minutes ago, Joremarid said:

If she is so trust worthy then release the transcripts. Did you not at one point suggest she release the transcripts AFTRR one of the super tuesdays?

What does being trustworthy have to do with release the transcripts? Wouldn't that be more about transparency? HRC has never taken me as someone who is openly transparent or wants to be. She may claim to be the most transparent, but that is definitely not by choice. I do believe this is one of the reason she seems so robotic and does silly things like not eat in front of the press.

I still maintain that she should release the transcripts, but I do not care about what she said in her speeches. I thought a smart time would have been before GE, but after the primary was over, so it would not affect her in the primary, but be old news by the time the general election came up. 

Now I am thinking she might use the transcripts as leverage to force trump to release his tax returns. If Trump demands to see the transcripts, I could see her offering to release hers, if Trump releases his tax returns. 

Again, if she is so trustworthy why not just release them? You acknowledge an effect on the primary, why would it? She's trustworthy I'm sure there isn't anything in there that would negatively affect her image, right?  She isn't being intentionally deceitful to the American public by hiding these from the voters, right?

9 minutes ago, Joremarid said:

Again, if she is so trustworthy why not just release them? You acknowledge an effect on the primary, why would it? She's trustworthy I'm sure there isn't anything in there that would negatively affect her image, right?  She isn't being intentionally deceitful to the American public by hiding these from the voters, right?

Again, what does it have to do with being trustworthy. Wouldn't it have more do do with transparency? I acknowledge it could have an effect. Republicans are still spending how much money on Benghazi when every commission so far has stated that there was no wrong doing. Harry Reid admitted that he basically lied about Romney's tax returns for political gain.

According to the letter, that staffer, former Gen. Dana Chipman, said in interviews with former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and former Defense Department Chief of Staff Jeremy Bash that the department did all it could on that night when Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed.

“I think you ordered exactly the right forces to move out and to head toward a position where they could reinforce what was occurring in Benghazi or in Tripoli or elsewhere in the region,” Chipman told Panetta in the committee’s January interview with the former defense secretary, according to transcribed excerpts. “And, sir, I don’t disagree with the actions you took, the recommendations you made, and the decisions you directed.”

Chipman was similarly deferential to Bash. “I would posit that from my perspective, having looked at all the materials over the last 18 months, we could not have affected the response to what occurred by 5:15 in the morning on the 12th of September in Benghazi, Libya,” said Chipman, who himself served 33 years in the Army.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/gop-committees-lawyer-undercuts-benghazi-conspiracy-theory

People will twist your words and attack you no matter what. Do you not remember how Kerry got taken down by swiftboat? At the end of the day it is politics. Anything can have an effect. 

She's trustworthy I'm sure there isn't anything in there that would negatively affect her image, right?  She isn't being intentionally deceitful to the American public by hiding these from the voters, right?

This would depend on whether you believe she is trustworthy. 

No not anything. Carrying hot sauce in her purse didn't have a significant effect. Transparency and trustworthiness go hand in hand. By virtue of not releasing them despite being requested she is intentionally hiding something. If it's not a problem for you that's your opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Joremarid said:

No not anything. Carrying hot sauce in her purse didn't have a significant effect. Transparency and trustworthiness go hand in hand. By virtue of not releasing them despite being requested she is intentionally hiding something. If it's not a problem for you that's your opinion. 

I never denied that it was my opinion. Someone's trustworthiness is an opinion. It is true they have a relationship, but someone being 100% transparent does not make them trustworthy and being opaque does not make someone untrustworthy.  Releasing or not releasing her transcript can influence someone's opinion of her trustworthiness, but it does not make someone trustworthy or prove/disprove that they are trustworthy. Did you believe Obama was not born in this country before he released his birth certificate? 

You are correct, she is intentionally hiding speeches that she gave as a private citizen(Which is her right to do), but speech transcripts have never been something we expect from presidential nominees. Do you expect Donald Trump's speeches or Gary Johnson's speeches?

26 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I never denied that it was my opinion. Someone's trustworthiness is an opinion. It is true they have a relationship, but someone being 100% transparent does not make them trustworthy and being opaque does not make someone untrustworthy.  Releasing or not releasing her transcript can influence someone's opinion of her trustworthiness, but it does not make someone trustworthy or prove/disprove that they are trustworthy. Did you believe Obama was not born in this country before he released his birth certificate? 

You are correct, she is intentionally hiding speeches that she gave as a private citizen(Which is her right to do), but speech transcripts have never been something we expect from presidential nominees. Do you expect Donald Trump's speeches or Gary Johnson's speeches?

If it looks like Gary johnson is talking out of both sides of his mouth then yes I would. 

6 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Still waiting for those among us who like other countries so much to go ahead and take the plunge and renounce their US citizenship.  Might be the best thing that ever happened to some of you.  What is holding you guys back?

you are avoiding dialog by deflecting.  Honestly Ghana wouldn't be a bad place to be.  You see things in such black and white terms that you cant even see how ridiculous you are being.  Honestly the way people like me from America are portrayed through the media, I would be surprised if any country would accept me outside of African countries.  If this was only about money, I wouldnt be complaining, but there is so much more.  I have said, I dont want your money, I dont want your help, I just want you to acknowledge how screwed up America's past is to many people who are different.  We honestly have kids who have no idea about what the civil war is heck, you had no idea about black wall street until I brought it up... 

Yeah I am all over the place.  Acknowledging that things could be better isnt me renouncing my citizenship.  Though many in this country wish I would :/ 

11 hours ago, Joremarid said:

Again, I'm not a sanders supporter at all. But he has a lot of people shook up for someone who can't win.

I wouldn't say his opposition are shook up by him. At this point it's more of a scenario of being confused as to why he's still in the race and insisting that he's going to win when it's clearly not going to happen.

south-park-s18e01c14-a-lone-redskin_4x3.

However, people are definitely sick of his diehard supporters.

On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 10:52 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

The country is out of toilet paper, gauze, sutures, electricity.  If this is what the left is producing in this country? No thanks, I'll stick with the 5 day work week and not worry about running a hairdryer.  .  

I could be in jeopardy as well.  I am on the can right now and we may be out of toilet paper.  I am showing my solidarity with the people of Venezuela. 

13 hours ago, lostone said:

you are avoiding dialog by deflecting.  Honestly Ghana wouldn't be a bad place to be.  You see things in such black and white terms that you cant even see how ridiculous you are being.  Honestly the way people like me from America are portrayed through the media, I would be surprised if any country would accept me outside of African countries.  If this was only about money, I wouldnt be complaining, but there is so much more.  I have said, I dont want your money, I dont want your help, I just want you to acknowledge how screwed up America's past is to many people who are different.  We honestly have kids who have no idea about what the civil war is heck, you had no idea about black wall street until I brought it up... 

Yeah I am all over the place.  Acknowledging that things could be better isnt me renouncing my citizenship.  Though many in this country wish I would :/ 

You're all over the place, you need to stop playing the victim card.  You are better than that.  Nordic countries (hocktooey) we have cities with a greater populations than they have in their entire countries.  Let them try managing 330 million people with diverse backgrounds with many people who cannot help themselves without assistance.  Is America perfect?  He.ll to the no, just like any other country it has made many mistakes, but you see many people clamoring to be here because they know they have the freedom and opportunity to make a life for themselves.  

18 hours ago, Joremarid said:

Because she is a horribly flawed untrustworthy wall street candidate  (where's the speeches? ). Your argument is basically well she's the nominee.... so? It should take more then the letter next to her name to get anyone's vote.

She always "tries to tell the truth" or so she says.  

18 hours ago, Joremarid said:

How did she turn $1000 cattle future buy into $100,000 in a short period of time? Why did she fire, then lie about the white house travel office and have Billy Dale before a judge? Why did she go on the offensive when Monica and all the sexual assaults occur? Why did she set up her own server, lie about it and who was she hiding the emails from? How did she amass over $100 million from foreign governments while at sec of state? Why did she tell the world and the family's of the dead that a video was the cause of the Benghazi massacre? Yea, she's honest...

2 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

How did she turn $1000 cattle future buy into $100,000 in a short period of time? Why did she fire, then lie about the white house travel office and have Billy Dale before a judge? Why did she go on the offensive when Monica and all the sexual assaults occur? Why did she set up her own server, lie about it and who was she hiding the emails from? How did she amass over $100 million from foreign governments while at sec of state? Why did she tell the world and the family's of the dead that a video was the cause of the Benghazi massacre? Yea, she's honest...

There is so much more but you don't have that kind of time.  Look up Vince Foster for fun.