Rams trade to #1

HaRdH3ad

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

It doesnt really change anything. But people got jealous ove the rams les snead drafting a sick defense now he just traded 6 picks for carson wentz... Wowzers.. I live in north dakota and everyone just shitt their pants

Yea but they had all the extra picks the last two years fro the Redskins going after RGIII... So it's not like they have only given up picks, they got a lot of extra bodies the past two years...

Just now, Leggggggo said:

Yea but they had all the extra picks the last two years fro the Redskins going after RGIII... So it's not like they have only given up picks, they got a lot of extra bodies the past two years...

True... But good god thats alot of stock in one guy. Makes the julio trade look like chump change

They need a QB bad. They wasted years with a good defense with bad QB Play. Their defense is still good, and they got some pieces on O now.

I'm not sold on Wentz, but if they are, you got to do what you can to get a Franchise QB. A lot to give up though. At least an AFC team is getting better from this and not an NFc team. Ironic the Rams would do this after the RG3 deal.

Edited by jeffro2000

Wow, they gave up alot to move up from #15.

Tennessee agrees to send No. 1 overall pick to Los Angeles Rams in exchange for multiple picks, giving Titans six of the top 76 selections in this year's draft.

Rams acquired the No. 1 overall pick of the 2016 draft from the Titans in exchange for picks Nos. 15, 43, 45 and 76 in this year's draft as well as first- and third-round picks next year.

The deal works out to two first rounders, two second rounders and two third rounders to move up all the way from pick No. 15 to the top spot. With the top pick in hand, the Rams will almost certainly target either Cal's Jared Goff or North Dakota State's Carson Wentz, the top two quarterbacks in the draft. Despite consistently -- and ridiculously -- talking up Case Keenum all offseason, the Rams have finally taken the steps necessary to secure a true franchise quarterback.
Source: TitansOnline
Apr 14 - 9:12 AM

Just now, dozer said:

Wow, they gave up alot to move up from #15.

Rams acquired the No. 1 overall pick of the 2016 draft from the Titans in exchange for picks Nos. 15, 43, 45 and 76 in this year's draft as well as first- and third-round picks next year.

The deal works out to two first rounders, two second rounders and two third rounders to move up all the way from pick No. 15 to the top spot. With the top pick in hand, the Rams will almost certainly target either Cal's Jared Goff or North Dakota State's Carson Wentz, the top two quarterbacks in the draft. Despite consistently -- and ridiculously -- talking up Case Keenum all offseason, the Rams have finally taken the steps necessary to secure a true franchise quarterback.
Source: TitansOnline
Apr 14 - 9:12 AM

I don't know why, but it always rubs me wrong when they say TWO first round picks LOL.

Their net gain is ONE additional first rounder as they only swapped positions in the round.  Yah yah yah, I get it.... but it still bugs me :bang:

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I don't know why, but it always rubs me wrong when they say TWO first round picks LOL.

Their net gain is ONE additional first rounder as they only swapped positions in the round.  Yah yah yah, I get it.... but it still bugs me :bang:

drive stories and headlines.

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

It's costing the Rams next year's 1st & 3rd round picks as well.

I didn't know they gave up a 1st and 3rd next yr. I only saw this yrs haul on ESPN. No surprise there. 1st time in forever I try to watch Sportscenter because of Kobe highlights and they showed a graphic with just 15, 43,45, 76.

That is a ton to give up and I think is really just an LA splash move.

Edited by jeffro2000

1 minute ago, jeffro2000 said:

I didn't know they gave up a 1st and 3rd next yr. I only saw this yrs haul on ESPN. No surprise there. 1st time in forever I try to watch Sportscenter because of Kobe highlights and they showed a graphic with just 15, 43,45, 76.

That is a ton to give up and I think is really justvan LA splash move.

Yeah, this move has "Make A Splash in LA" written all over it. Like others have said, the Rams need a QB badly & for their sake he better be a franchise QB worth the cost. No pressure, lol.

Thoses two second rounders would be tough for me to swallow. They could have gotten Paxton at their original spot. And there was an off chance they could have gotten Goff at 15 too. I get all the love for Wentz but I like Goff better. Goff's foot work is really good in the pocket- he is always ready to throw. I think the Browns lucked out here. Then again its the browns...

The Los Angeles Times' Sam Farmer reports the Rams are targeting North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz with the No. 1 overall pick.

The Rams were definitely targeting a quarterback when they traded two first-round picks, two second-round picks and two third-round picks for the No. 1 overall and some change, and it looks like that quarterback is Wentz. If they do select the North Dakota State prospect, the Browns would a choice between Cal QB Jared Goff, one of the top position players in the draft or perhaps a trade down with the No. 2 overall pick. NFL.com's Lance Zierlein reported earlier this week there is "more and more smoke" the Browns are interested in trading down.

Browns should take Goff, IMHO...