Reggie Ragland: 14.1% 
Emmanuel Ogbah: 11.4% 
Kevin Dodd: 7.0% 
William Fuller: 5.3% 
Josh Doctson: 4.1% 
Jonathan Bullard: 2.4% 
Total votes: 341 

usa-today-9034326.0.jpg

LRG: It's either Kevin Dodd, Shaq Lawson, or Leonard Floyd for Atlanta. I don't see them passing on one of those 3 pass rushers 

Greg D: The Falcons need 1st round level of talent in 3 areas, ILB, DE/DT, and OT. With Taylor Decker being to much of a reach at this point in the draft, the Falcons pick between Lawson, Ogbah, Lee and Ragland. I love the fit of Lee and Ogbah, and in the end choose Ogbah to help them with their lackluster Pass Rush. Lee would be a prime candidate to help them limit Cam Newton immediately this season. 

Thomas M: The Falcons have a lot of glaring holes on the defense. Most notably the pass rush. Last year they drafted Beasley and he struggled because offenses just keyed on him making it impossible for him to make an impact(dude was double teamed on almost every known passing down). I say they take the best pass rusher available and in this case its Lawson. Pairing up the two former Clemson products will make for a great pass rush tandem on the outside and will most certainly be vital to ATL's success in slowing down Newton, Brees, and Winston. This pick also helps a struggling secondary that was asked to cover way too long last season. 

Joey Y: As frustrating as it must be for Falcons fans a year after spending a top 10 pick on Vic Beasley, this team still needs to desperately improve it's pass rush. The Falcons pass rush is a multi-year reclamation project but one more top pick could be the tipping point to finally generate a long absent pass rush in Atlanta. Lucky for Atlanta this draft is stacked with defensive linemen, so why not grab the best available, who in this scenario I believe to be Shaq Lawson. By teaming up Lawson with his former teammate, Atlanta could rely on it's Clemson Connection to finally start slowing down the elite passers of the NFC South. 

Jeff D: Atlanta needs a better pass rush. It's been true for so long that it's become almost an offseason clich�. While it remains true, I think between continuity with Dan Quinn, some high upside signings like Shelby and Upshaw, and possible second year jumps by Beasley and Jarrett, there's reason for cautious optimism. On the other hand, their stagnant offense really hit a wall in the 2nd half of last year as Hankerson and Roddy White struggled. In this scenario, every possible WR they could want (a team with a big armed QB is not going to take Treadwell) has fallen to them. I'll say Doctson helps this team the most long term among this group. 

Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016reader_1.php#4cOSBgUMd7wiZSst.99

1st 16 picks:

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016reader.php

1. Tunsil, LT - Tenn
  2. Wentz, QB - Clev
  3. Ramsey, CB/S - SD
  4. Bosa, DE - Dallas
  5. Jack, WLB - Jax
  6. Buckner, DE - Baltimore
  7. Goff, QB - SanFran
  8. Eliott, RB - Philly
  9. Hargraves, CB - Tampa
  10. Staley, LT - NYG
  11. Floyd, OLB - Chi
  12. A'Shawn, DT - NO
  13. Conklin, OT - Mia
  14. Rankins, DT - Oak
  15. Lynch, QB - LA Rams
  16. Treadwell, WR - Detroit

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

falconsb_logo.gif Atlanta Falcons: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
Shaq Lawson: 34.9% 
Darron Lee: 20.8% 
Reggie Ragland: 14.1% 
Emmanuel Ogbah: 11.4% 
Kevin Dodd: 7.0% 
William Fuller: 5.3% 
Josh Doctson: 4.1% 
Jonathan Bullard: 2.4% 
Total votes: 341

Based on a composite of 101 mock draft by the "pros", the results as follows:

Darron Lee 31%

Shaq Lawson 13%

Reggie Ragland 12%

Leonard Floyd, Sheldon Rankins, and Kevin Dodd all tied at 9% each

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2016/2/15/10899032/mock-nfl-draft-database-2016-tendencies-experts

9 minutes ago, dfsutton said:

Walterfootball.com is kind of lackluster. I'm sure its fan base isn't much better.

I won't criticize the fanbase - I do know Walt loves sticking the Falcons with crap players - he is on this kick of giving us the BC Eagle Safety - Justin Simmons in the 2nd round lately.....uggh!

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

I really think Shaq Lawson has gotta be the pick if he is on the board @ #17.  

No other player I like there near as good as him.

If that was going to be the pick we would be better off drafting Treadwell and taking a better player in Bullard in the 2nd.

Edited by Sobeit

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

LRG: It's either Kevin Dodd, Shaq Lawson, or Leonard Floyd for Atlanta. I don't see them passing on one of those 3 pass rushers 

This is such a shallow analysis. "The Falcons didn't have a lot of sacks last year so they OBVIOUSLY need an edge rusher more than anything!" Not to mention the obtuse assumption that our FO sees Floyd as an edge rusher, which we already know is untrue.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Greg D: The Falcons need 1st round level of talent in 3 areas, ILB, DE/DT, and OT. With Taylor Decker being to much of a reach at this point in the draft, the Falcons pick between Lawson, Ogbah, Lee and Ragland. I love the fit of Lee and Ogbah, and in the end choose Ogbah to help them with their lackluster Pass Rush. Lee would be a prime candidate to help them limit Cam Newton immediately this season. 

We absolutely positively do NOT need a 1st round OT. This is flat out negligent research work, if you can call it that at all. We've got two very young, very talented OTs to bookend our offensive line. Late round backup pick I could definitely understand, but to suggest that we "need" "1st round level talent" at OT is just flat out stupid.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Thomas M: The Falcons have a lot of glaring holes on the defense. Most notably the pass rush. Last year they drafted Beasley and he struggled because offenses just keyed on him making it impossible for him to make an impact(dude was double teamed on almost every known passing down). I say they take the best pass rusher available and in this case its Lawson. Pairing up the two former Clemson products will make for a great pass rush tandem on the outside and will most certainly be vital to ATL's success in slowing down Newton, Brees, and Winston. This pick also helps a struggling secondary that was asked to cover way too long last season.

Another "the falcons didn't have a lot of sacks so they should draft a DE" argument. This is the conclusion you arrive at when you look at statistics rather than actually watching the games. It's armchair psychiatry - "you have these symptoms so let's prescribe you this medicine and hope the symptoms go away". We need to address the root of the problem, and that's the middle of the field.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Joey Y: As frustrating as it must be for Falcons fans a year after spending a top 10 pick on Vic Beasley, this team still needs to desperately improve it's pass rush. The Falcons pass rush is a multi-year reclamation project but one more top pick could be the tipping point to finally generate a long absent pass rush in Atlanta. Lucky for Atlanta this draft is stacked with defensive linemen, so why not grab the best available, who in this scenario I believe to be Shaq Lawson. By teaming up Lawson with his former teammate, Atlanta could rely on it's Clemson Connection to finally start slowing down the elite passers of the NFC South. 

this draft features one of the weakest edge rush classes I've ever seen, and this guy has the balls to call it a "stacked" DL class in a context that implies edge rushers. Ridiculous

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Jeff D: Atlanta needs a better pass rush. It's been true for so long that it's become almost an offseason clich�. While it remains true, I think between continuity with Dan Quinn, some high upside signings like Shelby and Upshaw, and possible second year jumps by Beasley and Jarrett, there's reason for cautious optimism. On the other hand, their stagnant offense really hit a wall in the 2nd half of last year as Hankerson and Roddy White struggled. In this scenario, every possible WR they could want (a team with a big armed QB is not going to take Treadwell) has fallen to them. I'll say Doctson helps this team the most long term among this group. 

I actually agree with this guy 100%. If Lee and Floyd are both gone (granted, in this specific scenario, Lee is available for the picking) I'd want Doctson over most other defensive players likely to be available at this point. He's a difference maker and our defense bailed our offense out more often than vice versa last year.

26 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

If that was going to be the pick we would be better off drafting Treadwell and taking a better player in Bullard in the 2nd.

Lol at Bullard being better player - if he was better than Shaq,  he would not be a 2nd round prospect.

As I've said many times,, I hope we trade down , get an extra  2nd and DE Ogbah,, is a beast. Sack man. Then we could get Cravens and a WR Thomas.. in the second rd. Yeah, i know this is my Mock,, But I like the thought of this draft. ...  Ogbah is going to be a steal at the bottom of the 1st. I'm a little concerned because he has moved up quit a bit.

40 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

As I've said many times,, I hope we trade down , get an extra  2nd and DE Ogbah,, is a beast. Sack man. Then we could get Cravens and a WR Thomas.. in the second rd. Yeah, i know this is my Mock,, But I like the thought of this draft. ...  Ogbah is going to be a steal at the bottom of the 1st. I'm a little concerned because he has moved up quit a bit.

Falcons are not taking a WR in the first three rounds.

#willnothappen

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Lol at Bullard being better player - if he was better than Shaq,  he would not be a 2nd round prospect.

Keep telling yourself that. Lets be more specific then Bullard would be better at doing what we would ask Lawson to do on this defense. This would be true because Bullard is just a better all around prospect.

Edited by Sobeit

1 minute ago, Sobeit said:

Keep telling yourself that. Lets be more specific then Bullard would be better at doing what we would ask Lawson to do on this defense.

No disrespect just curious as to why you think that? Because I've seen multiple people say that 

19 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

No disrespect just curious as to why you think that? Because I've seen multiple people say that 

Lawson rushed primarily from the edge in college where he got his numbers. In the pros Lawson does not have the athletic ability to be a edge rusher in the mold of guys like Houston or Beasley. He is very limitied if you lined him up at that position every down and let him rush the passer every pass play he will get you 5 to 7 sacks. Due to his lack of length he will do better rushing from the inside where the lack of elite athleticism and length can be masked better. This is what Bullard already does not to mention he was one of the best run defenders in the country. While Lawson is a slightly better prospect coming off the edge it is only marginal and his rush attempts from that position would be nominal because he would move inside in nickle packages. Bullard is a better run defender with a better motor. The conversation is kind of mute though as we have a couple of players on the roster that can give us plenty in this role. What we are missing is a guy that can play LBer on run downs but has the athleticism to move to the opposite side in the sub packages and give us 2 guys with the length and athleticism coming off the edges.

Not to mention that all three levels of the middle of our defense need a serious upgrade.

Edited by Sobeit

10 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Falcons are not taking a WR in the first three rounds.

#willnothappen

Chances are most likely higher that we don't ,, but don't be shocked if they do,, That is a big reason why I like the trade down factor,, we could take that extra pick and get a really good WR or TE. I'd like for us to get WR Thomas , Or TE Hunt with that extra pick if we do trade down. But if we don't trade down, I do not want to use a top 3 picks on either of those positions.. WE need to take advantage of a Strong D# draft.  If Darren Lee is there, I hope we take him, if not, I'd like to trade down take Ogbah and get the extra pick for a WR or TE. 

3 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Chances are most likely higher that we don't ,, but don't be shocked if they do,, That is a big reason why I like the trade down factor,, we could take that extra pick and get a really good WR or TE. I'd like for us to get WR Thomas , Or TE Hunt with that extra pick if we do trade down. But if we don't trade down, I do not want to use a top 3 picks on either of those positions.. WE need to take advantage of a Strong D# draft.  If Darren Lee is there, I hope we take him, if not, I'd like to trade down take Ogbah and get the extra pick for a WR or TE. 

I see Darron Lee as the most likely target for Falcons now in 1st round.  I fully expect the Falcons to take a TE at some point.   I don't think you will see a WR though.  If so, it would likely be in latter rounds (4-7) but we only have two picks in those rounds.

Falcons spent huge money on Sanu and invested 4th rounder in Hardy last year - too many other pressing needs for this team right now.   Like I said before, Falcons will not take a WR in first three rounds and I would not be surprised if we don't take one at all.

13 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I really think Shaq Lawson has gotta be the pick if he is on the board @ #17.  

No other player I like there near as good as him.

I like Lee, Lawson , and Ogbah,  But for the extra pick, I like Ogbah and that extra pick.  These are the players I'd love to get one with our first pick but would love the trade down get Ogbah and that extra pick in a loaded draft.. 

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I see Darron Lee as the most likely target for Falcons now in 1st round.  I fully expect the Falcons to take a TE at some point.   I don't think you will see a WR though.  If so, it would likely be in latter rounds (4-7) but we only have two picks in those rounds.

Falcons spent huge money on Sanu and invested 4th rounder in Hardy last year - too many other pressing needs for this team right now.   Like I said before, Falcons will not take a WR in first three rounds and I would not be surprised if we don't take one at all.

I think you are probably right,, But if we trade down,, I think there is a chance of us picking up a WR. If we don't then most likly we won't .   I know we have to take advantage of the strong D# group in this draft. But I also think we need one of the WRs in this draft to be grooming for the future. I'd love to be able to get TE Vannett in the 4th round and a WR like Thomas with a trade down..

1. LEE OLB

2.Correa DE

3.Hargrave DT

4.Vannett TE

7.Best guard available.  

This is going to be close to What my 2nd and finial Mock will look like.. I wasn't going to do a 2nd Mock ,but things do change and players get slotted more correctly as the Draft process unfolds.