The 25 players invited to attend the draft

Very interesting. If we took the best available safety at 17 that's probably not a bad thing. Finding a solid DT/UT that can provide a little pass rush in the second shouldn't be hard to do. Grab your best WLB prospect in the third and your guard in the 4th. And yes Dimitroff its okay to move up in the third a few spots to get Deion Jones just don't over do it!

40 minutes ago, Ben Day Hoe said:

Very interesting. If we took the best available safety at 17 that's probably not a bad thing. Finding a solid DT/UT that can provide a little pass rush in the second shouldn't be hard to do. Grab your best WLB prospect in the third and your guard in the 4th. And yes Dimitroff its okay to move up in the third a few spots to get Deion Jones just don't over do it!

If we move up in the 3rd round after standing pat in 1st and 2nd round - then our draft will be over.  3 picks and that is it.  Better get all three right.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

If we move up in the 3rd round after standing pat in 1st and 2nd round - then our draft will be over.  3 picks and that is it.  Better get all three right.

I wasn't necessarily advocating this years fourth as part of a trade up we need that 4th round guard IMHO. If Blake Martinez falls in our lap at 81 I would be OK with that too.

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

I wonder who will be this year's Geno Smith? -showed up thinking he was a first rd pick, only to have the cameras hound you in embarrassment as you sit at your table and not having your name called. 

Nkemdiche

I honestly wish it was like the nba draft and anyone could show up. I mean some dudes sit in the crowd but come to the stage for their hat in the second round (or two if anyone is unfamiliar). It would be less embarrassing if it wasn't such a disappointment to be left in the room. Plus I know a lot of fans disagree, but I love the pageantry of the draft. It's nice to watch as many players and their families as you can get the life changing call

The thread title and the heading on the spread sheet are different...

Thread is "invited"... Spread sheet is "confirmed to attend"... Thats not to say players like Rankins weren't invited, but they could have decided to do it with their families so they can be with more of them at the time they are picked....

13 hours ago, Ben Day Hoe said:

Been saying this for a minute. Harder to find safeties in any draft let alone this one. Meanwhile the strength and depth of this draft is D-Line.

• 3 weeks later...