My own scouting report - Jeremy Cash.

JiveAF

I'm not known as a draft guru or anything, so I'm not trying to be. However, it's become a hobby of mine to write a little something on specific prospects. Recently, I had the opportunity to train to be apart of PFF. However, I stopped due to the fact the position I was applying for, was all about numbers - and more about college ball, which I'd rather do NFL. However, I have been talking to the guys over at TheFalcoholic and I'm currently waiting for something to come into fruition over there, hopefully. I've been writing example articles for Dave over there, and getting his critique. Recently, I've decided to do reports on specific players. My first one, was Jeremy Cash. I figured, I don't blog, I don't really have anywhere to post it, so I'd share it here. I'm sure there will be some mistakes - maybe it'll be boring. It's something I'd like to read, so I wrote about it. If y'all like it, I'll for sure love to do more little reports, and probably get more in-depth. This was just a trial here. 

Also, it didn't allow me to import the Word file due to size? so I had to screen shot it. If y'all have any players you'd like a little analysis on, let me know. If you dislike it, thank you for reading anyway!

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 9.48.32 AM.jpg

I like it Jive.  Keep up the good work man.  Not a lot of talk about Cash but he would be quite a welcomed addition to our club imho as a read and react box thumper for plays in front of him. Not as much production for coverage skills however.

STRENGTHS

Very big and very physical. All about it every time he steps inside the box. Eye-­popping impact tackle production with 33 of his 98 tackles in 2015 coming for gains of two yards or less. Finished with 326 tackles and seven forced fumbles over last three years. Long arms and big hands for the position. Looks like a small linebacker on the hoof. Comes diving off the edge to upend running backs before they hit the crease. Plays with big closing burst when he smells blood. Runs through targets with force and can separate receivers from the catch. Brings the fight to FBs and move TEs who try to come at him. Rabid run­-supporter when he's in attack mode.

WEAKNESSES

Will struggle in space if asked to match up in man coverage. Plays with tight, stiff hips that limit sudden movements and change of direction. Can't flip hips and accelerate without intensive labor. Slow to drop into zone coverage with proper depth from line of scrimmage. Allows receivers to consistently uncover at the top of their routes. Will have to be protected in coverage. Scheme-limited. Had surgery this season for a broken wrist and will need to pass medical tests.

SOURCES TELL US

"As long as you have a plan for him and play plenty of sub packages that let him play in the box, you will be fine." -- NFC scout

NFL COMPARISON

T.J. Ward

BOTTOM LINE

Deluxe run-supporter who has the closing burst and size to continue his impressive tackle production in the pros. Cash is much too stiff to be asked to make a living in coverage and any team considering him will likely view him as a box safety or hybrid player who is less about a defined position and more about physicality around the line of scrimmage.

I like him a LOT. I've watched the entire Georgia Tech game and he was awesome playing the option. I haven't seen him play a whole game against anyone else, but his athletic ability and tackling is very good. In our system, he would play mainly short middle zone, and I think he can handle that. He can definitely handle the run support part.

Cash is actually my favorite SS prospect in this class. There was a time when I thought he was a 3rd rounder, but if we'd take him in the 2nd, even with Cravens still on the board, I'd be pretty happy. I think he's going to be better than Cravens in the NFL given he goes to a team that knows how to use him, which our FO would.

36 minutes ago, Anthony Planet said:

I like him a LOT. I've watched the entire Georgia Tech game and he was awesome playing the option. I haven't seen him play a whole game against anyone else, but his athletic ability and tackling is very good. In our system, he would play mainly short middle zone, and I think he can handle that. He can definitely handle the run support part.

I saw that game too, from that moment I wanted him badly. If he is there when we pick in the 2nd round we HAVE to get him.