Question about Julio

Watching some 2015 games and highlights and it looks like to me Julio doesn't block down field really good. A lot of plays when freemen was running free he would have Julio in front of him and it just looks like Julio can't pick a guy to block.... Now he stayed healthy all year and I can live with him not blocking down field like that so he can stay all year. Julio is amazing at blocking if it is running his way....Just wanting to see if anyone else see that or is it just something im looking to hard at?

Edited by AllStarHandyMan

He does a fine job blocking....if you are blocking down field, you dont know where the back is cutting and avoiding guys...the defender sees the back and moves towards the ball.  If a wr stays engaged.....chances are, its a hold....as julio got his share of last year.....there isnt any perfect downfield blocking. Its usually a shadow

1 hour ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

I wonder if Colts and Broncos message boards had a post about how Peyton Manning wasn't the greatest at throwing a tight spiral?

I want to say that sport shows talked about it. Saying its harder catching them throws because you can't always put your hands in the right spot. The wr had to adjust to it.

58 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

He does a fine job blocking....if you are blocking down field, you dont know where the back is cutting and avoiding guys...the defender sees the back and moves towards the ball.  If a wr stays engaged.....chances are, its a hold....as julio got his share of last year.....there isnt any perfect downfield blocking. Its usually a shadow

Ok I see what your saying and almost all the plays was in front of the running not knowing where he is and or on the other side of the field

2 hours ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

Watching some 2015 games and highlights and it looks like to me Julio doesn't block down field really good. A lot of plays when freemen was running free he would have Julio in front of him and it just looks like Julio can't pick a guy to block.... Now he stayed healthy all year and I can live with him not blocking down field like that so he can stay all year. Julio is amazing at blocking if it is running his way....Just wanting to see if anyone else see that or is it just something im looking to hard at?

I love Julio and knew he would be a beast, but I still wish we had them five picks. Two firsts a second and two fourths? Jeez. That's a team. We got Troffed on that one.

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I love Julio and knew he would be a beast, but I still wish we had them five picks. Two firsts a second and two fourths? Jeez. That's a team. We got Troffed on that one.

Snore. 

19 minutes ago, ICD said:

If we didn't trade all those picks we could of drafted a blocking WR. Instead we are stuck with this non blocking guy. 

/s

Hopefully Quinn trades Julio for a 1st round pick so we can get the best blocking WR. Although, I don't expect we'll get much for him since he can't block.

31 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I love that we have him I'm happy with the pick and what we did. Yes I see your point of what could have been but with smith as the head coach I don't believe he would have help the gm make the right picks. I believe smith said that he lost his way when he was a head coach. (Not 100% about that)  that's what I respect about Quinn after what our offense coordinator did to this team and the back lash shannah got most head coaches would have cut him but he is staying with him... I don't 100% like it but it shows me that Quinn knows what he wants and will stay with it.

5 hours ago, likeriver said:

Hopefully Quinn trades Julio for a 1st round pick so we can get the best blocking WR. Although, I don't expect we'll get much for him since he can't block.

Trade Julio for a 6th. I'm sure dimitroff's can find another Antonio Brown. Who needs this Jones guy...

/p