Su'A Cravens STACK:Path to the pros

HaRdH3ad

Su'a is my favorite player in the draft, honestly. I think he's a better LB than Lee [IF that's where Su'a even plays in the NFL]  I think we should do this;

Trade down and gain a 2nd.

Draft Su'a first.

With our second, draft Whitehair or Martin [whatever best G is available]

with the other second, draft Keanu Neal or Jeremy Cash. Whichever is there. If Neal is there, Su'a plays LB. If Cash is there, Su'a plays S and Cash plays LB.

Draft Joshua Perry in the 3rd. I like him at ILB honestly.

Draft the best DT or PASS RUSHER in the 4th. [Someone will fall who shouldn't]

etc.

We need pass rusher, yes. But look at Quinn and how his past teams have been - they have a lot of different guys who get sacks. Not a one or two guys getting 10+ type deal. BUT, they ALWAYS have had good LBs for him in Seattle. It's a big part of what he does. 

1 minute ago, JiveAF said:

Su'a is my favorite player in the draft, honestly. I think he's a better LB than Lee [IF that's where Su'a even plays in the NFL]  I think we should do this;

Draft Su'a first.

with the other second, draft Keanu Neal or Jeremy Cash. Whichever is there. If Neal is there, Su'a plays LB. If Cash is there, Su'a plays S and Cash plays LB.

etc.

We need pass rusher, yes. But look at Quinn and how his past teams have been - they have a lot of different guys who get sacks. Not a one or two guys getting 10+ type deal. BUT, they ALWAYS have had good LBs for him in Seattle. It's a big part of what he does. 

I would love if this happened... the real question is does TD have it in him to trade back...? Part of me just can't see us trading back because we have never traded back with TD as GM... I know we have like 6 guys as assistant GMs or what-have-you... I really would love to trade back..

Been saying since day 1 that he will go in the 1st round.  His collegiate stats are better than both Shaq Thompson and Deone Bucannon's and they both went in the 1st round.  

He's a playmaker.  Just one of those guys that you put on the field and automatically know he will produce.

12 minutes ago, JiveAF said:

Draft Su'a first.

etc.

See I would love is this happened, while I have to admit I've gone to bat for Ragland, I wouldn't at all be mad if we took a Lee or cravens early and got Perry to play MLB later.

1 hour ago, atlGM said:

His tape is too good for him to last until 50. I think he's very early second borderline 1st.

Real high on him...nice tape and seemingly good character.  I would be okay with a trade back for him.  Borderline take him at 17 if some others I like come off the board and no trade partner can be found.

I usually don't..what's the word..get enamored? with specific players, pre draft. I usually have a list of guys I'd be ok with ATL drafting - this year isn't no different. However, the guys I like a lot in the draft aren't the first rounders. I like Neal, Cash, Perry, Cravens the most out of all the players in the draft. If we take a sure-fire first rounder [ a first rounder in every mock] I'd take Floyd, honestly. But, I wouldn't at all be mad if ATL gives Quinn his own Deone Bucannon. 

Heck, I'd be okay if we ended up with Cravens, Neal, Cash, and Perry. A LB core of Cravens, Perry, Cash will probably be bumpy in the beginning [having 3 rooks at the spot] but it's a **** good trio for the future. Add Neal at Safety and there's fast and physical, folks. 

3 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Real high on him...nice tape and seemingly good character.  I would be okay with a trade back for him.  Borderline take him at 17 if some others I like come off the board and no trade partner can be found.

Yep He and Correa are two guys I wouldn't mind taking in a trade back .

44 minutes ago, JiveAF said:

Draft Su'a first.

etc.

Only way to gain a second would be to trade all the way down to Carolina or Denver. I really think our best trade down option will be min or cincy for one of the receivers which would net us a late third. I'd be good going back 6 or 7 spots for a 3rd rounder. Pick up cravens and then get a safety and linebacker in the 2nd and one of the thirds then get Bronson kaufusi with the other third

Just now, Dem Birds said:

What if Lawson is there at 17 and we take him, Cravens last until early second, so do you trade up? What would it cost to move up about 15 spots in the second?

I want Lawson over any LB in the first period not names Floyd, at the same time though to me if you draft Floyd you're getting a LB and a pass rusher in one.

3 minutes ago, mumblesjr,jr said:

pass. got a bad feeling about this kid. collins will have a better career.

What about anything you've seen gave you a bad feeling? I'm not projecting him to be anything special but I haven't seen anything to give me concerns, especially to say the guy that just got suspended after a rough rookie year will be better. 

3 hours ago, JiveAF said:

Draft Su'a first.

etc.

I feel you.

4 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

What about anything you've seen gave you a bad feeling? I'm not projecting him to be anything special but I haven't seen anything to give me concerns, especially to say the guy that just got suspended after a rough rookie year will be better. 

Just recall him talking on nfl network, and dude doesn't sound like he knows much. The whole hybrid thing is the new wildcat player.

1 hour ago, mumblesjr,jr said:

Just recall him talking on nfl network, and dude doesn't sound like he knows much. The whole hybrid thing is the new wildcat player.

Well I think it's apples to oranges really. The way the NFL is right now and will be for the foreseeable future is a pass centric. The rules get changed all the time to make it even more so. That's what the hybrid trend is. Teams don't care about stopping the run as much because most teams pass more, so having a big safety at linebacker gives you more players on the field that can defend against the pass. 

Also so why is everyone talking trading down for Su'a? I like him much more than a lot of players we would consider at 17.