Etherdome Mock 3.0

etherdome

My last mock featured a trade back.  If we can work a trade back, I think that would be our best recourse.  Those sort of things rarely happen, so here goes a more realistic scenario.

1.  Emanuel Ogbah (DE).  EO is an excellent pass rusher and that is exactly what our defense needs most.  

2.  Justin Simmons (S).  JS is a multi-talented Safety that can play both FS and SS.  He is not a punishing tackler, but he is sure and steady in that department.  He excels in coverage and is a great student of the game.  

3.  Travis Feeney (LB).  Athletic and good tackler.  This former Safety can cover ground.

4.  McGovern/Thuney/Dahl/Spriggs/Seamulo (OG).  We need another athletic OG.  We will have a few possibilities.  

7.  Adam Gotsis (DT).  Tough as nails and athletic, this Aussie has what it takes to create a pass rush from the interior.  We don't need a DT this season, so he gets a year to add some good weight and learn better hand technique.   

Free agent rookie:  

Will Ratele (MLB).  He is only 5'-10"/250lbs, but he is extremely athletic and a tough SOB.  

Emanuel Ogbah scares the living sh1t out of me, he is so up and down and has the biggest ceiling while having the lowest floor of any pass rusher in this class.  Justin Simmons feels like a Dez Southward pick, just checked CBS prospect rankings and they have him listed as a 6th rounder, this would be a massive reach.  Love the Feeney pick, as for your 4th round pick, pick ONE dammit!!! lol

Overall I would have to pass on this, nice try tho.

Edited by LookAboutFalcon

3 hours ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

Emanuel Ogbah scares the living sh1t out of me, he is so up and down and has the biggest ceiling while having the lowest floor of any pass rusher in this class.  Justin Simmons feels like a Dez Southward pick, just checked CBS prospect rankings and they have him listed as a 6th rounder, this would be a massive reach.  Love the Feeney pick, as for your 4th round pick, pick ONE dammit!!! lol

Overall I would have to pass on this, nice try tho.

Thanks.

I am confident that Ogbah will pan out very well in the NFL.  He has the motor/drive to improve vastly.  My gut tells me that he and Mcallister have the highest ceilings among the edge rushers in this draft.  

Simmons is a true athlete and student of the game.  Football is extremely important to him.  I doubt very much that he will slide out of the second round.  

I listed the names of OG's in order to illustrate that we have plenty of choices.  We don't need to panic and take one before the 4th round.  I like McGovern the most, but I have to admit that any one of the alternatives will do.