Physical and fast Mock

atlGM

Give me style and speed with my offensive players and grit and toughness on Defense. This year is pretty tough to mock but heres my first attempt at improving our roster through the draft.

1. Reggie Ragland MLB  6'1 247

Defensive football is still about running and tackling and while Ragland isn't a athletic freak he has the ability to read, react, and stop ball carriers in their tracks. He is athletic enough to shoot the gape and meet backs in the backfield and fast enough to run with Tight Ends down the seems.

2. Kenny Clark DT 6'3 314

This 314 lb beast is everything you want as Run Stuffing DT. He can stack and shed blocks as well as any interior lineman in this draft and generate tremendous power with his initial punch. He could stand improve is agility as he develops in the pros but can use his dominant bull rush to collapse the pocket early on.

3. Jordan Jenkins DE 6'3 259 

Floyd got all the hype in the draft process but Jenkins has as much upside as any player in the draft. At 6-3 259 he has a pro ready frame and just enough athleticism to develop into one of the games premier pass rushers. He was asked to stand up a lot at Georgia but i think he can be terror if he is able to consistently put his hand in the dirt and get after the QB.

4. Erik Striker LB -5'11 227

This guy is what you would see if you looked up the the definition of a football player. He dosen't have the ideal size but makes up that with toughness and effort. He lined up at OLB at the Senior Bowl and pretty much dominated the competition. He is a sound open field tackler that provides value as blitzer. He also is athletic enough to cover backs coming out of the backfield.

7. Victor Ochi- 6'1 246 

You can never have too many pass rushers, Ochi gives Quinn a project to develop if he can turn Ochi into a rotational guy at best we would win with this pick.

Edited by atlGM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of this one man.

-Linebacker is our biggest weakness as far as a position group on the roster and you choose to wait until the 4th to address it.

-Ragland is not athletically capable of playing in the middle of this defense. He just doesn't have the speed. He'd be great in the 3-4 we ran a couple years back, but the 2nd round tender we placed on Worrilow to me indicates we'll stick with him one more year.

-There's no way you'll get Ochi in the 7th. If you want him you'll have to take him in the 4th.

-Ignoring both the offensive line and the secondary? We need safety help. We could use another start-worthy guard and there are a few good ones in this draft that would do well in our scheme. I get doing something different, but you can't change our needs or ignore them at this stage.

1 hour ago, King Jigsaw said:

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of this one man.

-Linebacker is our biggest weakness as far as a position group on the roster and you choose to wait until the 4th to address it.

-Ragland is not athletically capable of playing in the middle of this defense. He just doesn't have the speed. He'd be great in the 3-4 we ran a couple years back, but the 2nd round tender we placed on Worrilow to me indicates we'll stick with him one more year.

-There's no way you'll get Ochi in the 7th. If you want him you'll have to take him in the 4th.

-Ignoring both the offensive line and the secondary? We need safety help. We could use another start-worthy guard and there are a few good ones in this draft that would do well in our scheme. I get doing something different, but you can't change our needs or ignore them at this stage.

- unfortunately this draft dosent have a plethora lb prospects. I would love to add cravens but I highly doubt he'd be available at our second round pick and I think we'd be reaching to take him at 17. the other option are really no better that what striker can give you in the 4th imo. S

-Ragland has better measurables than Travathan a board favorite this offseason. I don't think he is luke kuechley or Bobby Wagner but I think he can be a faster vontez burfict which would be a huge upgrade over worrilow. Worrilow got the tag but his salary is meager at best I don't think we're really that attached to him. Also worrilow measurables are on par with what you'd want from the position but he sucks on the field . I think Raglands gamespeed is adequate.

-Fine if you we can't get Ochi in the 7th. There isn't much tape out there on the late round prospects so I'm not gonna profess to that pick being my best.

-the offensive line was better than average last year and we added one of the best centers in the game so I don't we need use any extra recourses on that unit at this point . We could simply being back Chester or slide person over and get good production from that position. If anything I think Quinn is happy with what we have at safety I think we roll with the young guys,  therezie and King are also being developed so I don't think we're actually that bad at the position. If we took a Cash or Thompson I wouldn't be upset I just think we will spend our recourses on the line of scrimmage.

28 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I call this the "slow and stale" draft.

Lol . I just don't think you can sacrifice speed for physicality on defense especially . In fact there arnt any successful defenses in the league that do that. Most of the fast prospects lack physicality and in a major way . I'd rather go for defensive guys who hit hard play faster than than they time

1 hour ago, atlGM said:

Lol . I just don't think you can sacrifice speed for physicality on defense especially . In fact there arnt any successful defenses in the league that do that. Most of the fast prospects lack physicality and in a major way . I'd rather go for defensive guys who hit hard play faster than than they time

Remember though Bro not every player has to be physical you can sacrifice that for speed and physical comes with your next pick.Its almost a though fans have thought every player has to have both traits or he won't be a Falcon.

The Lee thing with be tackling and lackof instincts is a pipe dream a player who can play in space like he does can't have poor instincts.

50 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Remember though Bro not every player has to be physical you can sacrifice that for speed and physical comes with your next pick.Its almost a though fans have thought every player has to have both traits or he won't be a Falcon.

The Lee thing with be tackling and lackof instincts is a pipe dream a player who can play in space like he does can't have poor instincts.

Doesn't that go both way though? Just because a player isn't fast doesn't mean he won't be a falcon?

Then in Sea this dude had a 6'4 4.7 40 KJ wright at  WLB. where did this 4.4-4.5 and under must have at WLB thing come from?

i really don't hate Lee like I once did but to me if you draft him and keep warrilow starting you're kind've defeating the purpose on the so called "fast" thing.