I've been gone a while, so fill me in on who the Falcons will draft this year!!

MSalmon

I'm so lost on all prospects this year lol...NO mocks from me this year!

I kinda missed my falcons MB family :) 

So fill me in, good people. Who's the next generation of Falcons outta this draft?

I'm digging the Darron Lee kid. But TBH, i'm really digging Ragland in the middle

24 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I'm so lost on all prospects this year lol...NO mocks from me this year!

I kinda missed my falcons MB family :) 

So fill me in, good people. Who's the next generation of Falcons outta this draft?

I'm digging the Darron Lee kid. But TBH, i'm really digging Ragland in the middle

I'm guessing the 1st pick will be Lee or Floyd if they are there. If I was running the draft and both of those guys are off the board I would look to trade back to late 1st or early 2nd and make Chris Jones my 1st selection while getting extra picks. Some players I think the Falcons should consider in the other rounds are Deion Jones, Austin Johnson, Conner Mcgovern, Travis Feeney, Nick Vigil, Joe Thuney.

Of course now with last years 2nd round pick trying to prove he really is a total knuckle head Eli Apple may become a option in the 1st.

Edited by Sobeit

I like Ragland as a Football player but, I don't think we draft him. Many won't agree with my assessment here but, If you compare WLB and MLB on our roster you'll notice that one position has a team captain, high effort guy who's led the team in tackles for every year he's been playing (I think that's correct) and at the other position there's no one worth mentioning (Spoon maybe..).  So, while I do believe we'll draft some competition for PW, I think WLB will be the early target. I believe PWs competitor will come a few rounds later with a D. Jones or J. Brown. 

I'd agree with the above post that Lee or Floyd will be our pick, if they are still on the board.

NOw I do like Billings as a potential first rounder. He's stout. Got a great low to the ground base that I love in NTs. He could really boost the Hageman and Babs rotatation. I was rewatching some of his games and he pushes that pocket nicely. Ain't got a ton of range--but really who cares. He almost reminds me of Casey Hampton. That nasty, stout fire-plug NT that just makes a defense go.

Ragland just has that "it" factor that I like. I'm not a huge Worrilow fan beyond him being a good STs and rotational player. Nice role guy, but not in Ragland's league IMO. Lee is kinda freaky in speed.

6 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

I like Ragland as a Football player but, I don't think we draft him. Many won't agree with my assessment here but, If you compare WLB and MLB on our roster you'll notice that one position has a team captain, high effort guy who's led the team in tackles for every year he's been playing (I think that's correct) and at the other position there's no one worth mentioning (Spoon maybe..).  So, while I do believe we'll draft some competition for PW, I think WLB will be the early target. I believe PWs competitor will come a few rounds later with a D. Jones or J. Brown. 

I'd agree with the above post that Lee or Floyd will be our pick, if they are still on the board.

Just now, MSalmon said:

you could be right, but I don't see Worrlow as that stud starter. Very limited IMO in terms of instincts--that's huge and immeasurable in that MLB spot. Watch Ragland and you'll see a very instinctual player. Worrilow still has value for the team if that happens.

Lee I like. Floyd is weird to me. I kept watching him, just waiting to see him stud out...but it's like he can't put it all together. I love his ranginess and athleticsm. But he disappointed at UGA. Not sure why

11 hours ago, Sobeit said:

I'm guessing the 1st pick will be Lee or Floyd if they are there. If I was running the draft and both of those guys are off the board I would look to trade back to late 1st or early 2nd and make Chris Jones my 1st selection while getting extra picks. Some players I think the Falcons should consider in the other rounds are Deion Jones, Austin Johnson, Conner Mcgovern, Travis Feeney, Nick Vigil, Joe Thuney.

Of course now with last years 2nd round pick trying to prove he really is a total knuckle head Eli Apple may become a option in the 1st.

We still have both Trufant and Alford. We're not spending a first rounder on a third corner.

7 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

We still have both Trufant and Alford. We're not spending a first rounder on a third corner.

I'm not saying that we will but Alford and Tru are both on the last year of there rookie contracts. I'm just saying it is something that may be considered since we famously interviewed Apple.

14 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

I'm not saying that we will but Alford and Tru are both on the last year of there rookie contracts. I'm just saying it is something that may be considered since we famously interviewed Apple.

And drafting him would be a wonderful way for it be brought up.

I'm not saying we won't bring in another CB, just saying we won't spend a first rounder this year. We can always resign Trufant, use a first next year and have him and Collins battle for the spot across from Tru. This is not the year to take another CB high.

1 minute ago, King Jigsaw said:

And drafting him would be a wonderful way for it be brought up.

I'm not saying we won't bring in another CB, just saying we won't spend a first rounder this year. We can always resign Trufant, use a first next year and have him and Collins battle for the spot across from Tru. This is not the year to take another CB high.

I tend to agree with you but just saying it could be a consideration depending on if they want to keep Alf or not, and how the board falls. Without a doubt Apple is the kind of CB that Quinn likes.

3 hours ago, MSalmon said:

3 hours ago, MSalmon said:

you could be right, but I don't see Worrlow as that stud starter. Very limited IMO in terms of instincts--that's huge and immeasurable in that MLB spot. Watch Ragland and you'll see a very instinctual player. Worrilow still has value for the team if that happens.

Lee I like. Floyd is weird to me. I kept watching him, just waiting to see him stud out...but it's like he can't put it all together. I love his ranginess and athleticsm. But he disappointed at UGA. Not sure why

I like Paul and I'm trying to look past the chatter to make my own opion on him. I do see his speed as an issue but, I know in Nolans system we played some goof-ball fronts with 2 LBs and he was asked to do to much. With Quinn's defense he looked bad but it was his 1st year in the system.  I'm not going to make excuses for him nor throw a guy with his work ethic in the garbage. at this point I'm just keeping my mind open regarding him but, competition is certainly needed.

8 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

I like Paul and I'm trying to look past the chatter to make my own opion on him. I do see his speed as an issue but, I know in Nolans system we played some goof-ball fronts with 2 LBs and he was asked to do to much. With Quinn's defense he looked bad but it was his 1st year in the system.  I'm not going to make excuses for him nor throw a guy with his work ethic in the garbage. at this point I'm just keeping my mind open regarding him but, competition is certainly needed.

fair points. I've never been a huge fan, but you make a very valid point about this being the first year in Quinn/Smith's system after a couple in that goofy Nolan defense. I like his work ethic, love his measurables. But, I really like Ragland as a prospect as well.

It'll be interesting to see how we go in this draft.

8 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I think its either Lee, Floyd, or Lawson in the 1st. 

Sup Clark! Long time no chat! Floyd is one interesting cat for sure. I really really would love to see Lawson drop--that would seriously be my only pick if he did lol I just don't know that he would. What a great base DE to put on the other side of Beasly.

Floyd confounds me. I can't tell if he's a Randy Gregory (with better work ethic) a Mingo or if he's gonna blow up  and be a Robert Mathis or even Bruce Irvin in the pros. He's got so much natural ability, but never seemed to get it together at UGA

15 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I like Billings also, but I think he goes in the low 2nd or 3rd,, I hope so anyway for us  to have a chance at him.. Because I don't think we take a DT in the first 2 rounds, or maybe it's because I don't want us to take a DT in the first two rounds. I'd like to take a DT in the 3rd round. But I think Billings goes in the 3rd anyway... Or maybe it's just what I'd like to happen. 

2 hours ago, Ben Day Hoe said:

Welcome back Msalmon! Quite a few are still on the Ragland, Lee, Floyd Train. Then you have the Lawson, Ogbah, Dodd crowd. Put me in the BPA camp which I think would be Billings or a trade down scenario.

I guess you would call me the Lee, Lawson , Ogbah crowd... :mmmhmm:    I like Floyd , but he is such a tweener !! But he may be the best one of the bunch.. More upside even. if we get him I'l trust TDs judgement that he will be a passrusher.