Don't think the Falcons would've placed a

I don't think the Falcons would've placed a 2nd round tender on Worrilow if they had the intentions of drafting a ILB early in the draft.

Meanwhile other positions like WLB and SS where starter money is not tied into, will more than likely be address early.

Ishmael who is a free agent after this season is making 600K and Godfrey, who is no lock to make the team is making about the same. Cravens or Neal makes sense here. Both had visits with the Falcons as well.

At WLB they are paying Spoon a by game salary and Wheeler an undisclosed salary that is probably no more than 700K. Not sure if they view them as starters. Floyd or Lee would be a good option here. Both had visits with the Falcons as well.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

You have a point and ideally paul would only see the field 40% of the time and we would have two nickle backers with speed and range on the field 60%. But really until training camp we're basically left to grasp at straws

The only problem with that is Worrilow isn't even a good run stopper. There's not a thing Paul Worrilow does on a football field worth a ****.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The only problem with that is Worrilow isn't even a good run stopper. There's not a thing Paul Worrilow does on a football field worth a ****.

I don't disagree with you one bit.. All im saying is ideally since chances are the op is right that we only see him on the field 40% of the time instead of 60-100% like last yr..

9 minutes ago, KCartledge85 said:

A tender is a 1 year deal and you can go into the draft 100% having to draft a certain position. At the end of the day, the player you want may not be there.

Worrilow getting a tender doesnt mean Ragland or other MLB arent ideal.

They could have placed a lower tender on him at a lower cost. Although rookies don't make a whole heck of a lot of money now compared to before, I don't see them paying a rookie 1st round money along with PW 2.5M salary. You don't pay a backup 2.5M

Ishmael is a free agent, alford is a free agent and tru will have his option picked up...i think that they put the tender on worrilow because we just have to see what happens in free agency and draft...the tender is not guaranteed. They can cut him with no cap issues. The story still remains to be written.

I think we get a corner... not because of the collins situation, but because of the uncertainty of the free agent situations

5 minutes ago, Truth B Told (TRU) said:

They could have placed a lower tender on him at a lower cost. Although rookies don't make a whole heck of a lot of money now compared to before, I don't see them paying a rookie 1st round money along with PW 2.5M salary. You don't pay a backup 2.5M

Hard to disagree with that logic.

6 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

Ishmael is a free agent, alford is a free agent and tru will have his option picked up...i think that they put the tender on worrilow because we just have to see what happens in free agency and draft...the tender is not guaranteed. They can cut him with no cap issues. The story still remains to be written.

I think we get a corner... not because of the collins situation, but because of the uncertainty of the free agent situations

Paul Worrilow isn't getting cut. That doesn't even make one lick of sense.

Give me Floyd and his versatility every day of the week, what's crazy is I use to like warrilow but I think that may have been just because he was slightly better than the trash we had, looking at him now for this defense he is garbage. Props to him getting 2.5 for being just that...

1 minute ago, HaRdH3ad said:

Give me Floyd and his versatility every day of the week, what's crazy is I use to like warrilow but I think that may have been just because he was slightly better than the trash we had, looking at him now for this defense he is garbage. Props to him getting 2.5 for being just that...

We have to find a solution to that problem in the middle...his contract isnt guaranteed so he hasnt made it yet. If he makes it, he deserves the money, he started 2 years for pennies. His play is hurting the team...point blank

4 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

Kinda does if we draft someone to replace him in the 1st or 2nd. Or if a vet gets cut in camp and we pick them up. Like i said, that story still hasnt been written yet

Then the Falcons wouldn't have placed a 2nd round tender on him when they could have placed a lesser tender on him. Even if they draft Reggie Ragland they're not going to cut Worrilow. I'd bet my *** on it that come game 1 of the season Paul Worrilow is on the Falcons 53-man roster baring injury.

3 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

We have to find a solution to that problem in the middle...his contract isnt guaranteed so he hasnt made it yet. If he makes it, he deserves the money, he started 2 years for pennies. His play is hurting the team...point blank

The coaches love Paul Worrilow.

Ugh, People. Stop. 

There are 1st round Tenders

2nd Round Tenders

and a tender determined by the original draft status. (Which is NOTHING, because Paul Worrilow was a UFA)

The 2nd round tender is the lowest we could have placed on him with the expectation of getting ANYTHING in return if a team wanted to sign him to an offer sheet. Please stop with this "lower round tender" mess. It doesn't exist.

Edited by Deep2Julio

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Then the Falcons wouldn't have placed a 2nd round tender on him when they could have placed a lesser tender on him. Even if they draft Reggie Ragland they're not going to cut Worrilow. I'd bet my *** on it that come game 1 of the season Paul Worrilow is on the Falcons 53-man roster baring injury.

The tender is placed.....just in case...what if the guys they want to draft in the 1st or 2nd are gone when they pick? Gotta have someone in there. The draft is a crap shoot...you never know what will happen. Why didnt they sign him to a deal for 2 years or so?

5 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

Trust me I agree with you, i understand now that we do need to upgrade WLB & SS in this scheme, but Paul warrilow has to go. You don't get ranked the worst LB in the NFL because your good. Any two eyes could see that he isn't...

21 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

What does Trufant and Alford being FA have to do with PW getting tender this year? They placed a 2nd round tender for a reason. Right now we need a long term starter at SS and OLB, you know the 2 positions where we cut our starters before free agency after the coaches had time to reflect on the season.

1 minute ago, trubirdfan4life said:

The tender is placed.....just in case...what if the guys they want to draft in the 1st or 2nd are gone when they pick? Gotta have someone in there. The draft is a crap shoot...you never know what will happen. Why didnt they sign him to a deal for 2 years or so?

The defense was so much better when Nate Stupar was in there over Worrilow but they kept Worrilow with a 2nd round tender and let Stupar walk for nothing. That tells you that the coaches love him. Even if they draft someone like Ragland, Worrilow will still be here, he will just be backup.

Just now, trubirdfan4life said:

I disagree. ...there is no alternative. They looked at guys, tried to sign guys, it just didnt work out this year because of the 25mil of dead money against the cap. 

if they loved him, they would have signed him to a 5 year deal

Defense was better when Nate Stupar was in there.  Why let him walk and keep Worrilow? I'll let you figure that one out.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Defense was better when Nate Stupar was in there.  Why let him walk and keep Worrilow? I'll let you figure that one out.

lol bro...TD is the same person that signed Ray Edwards. While I give him credit for his good lets not act like he is a perfect decision maker