Jump to content

Second Ever Mock/Off Season from Denmark


Recommended Posts

I made my first mock ever almost two months ago. Now I want to go ahead once again - now after free agency.

looking forward to your comments and criticism.

1. Sheldon Rankins, Louisville, DT

 - pass rush doesn't only come from the edges. I love Babs, but he is getting old. I think we have good defensive tackles against the run, but I want one who makes sure the qb cant step up in the pocket. Put him next to Beasley. 14 sacks last two seasons.

2. Su'a Cravens, USC, SS

 - a pick that I have seen from a lot of posters, but I freaking loves this guy. He will be a player that Quinn will simply love as a box safety making plays.

3. Nick Vigil, Utah State, MLB

 - has size and length to be our middle linebacker for the future. He has athleticism and is an instinctive defender who locates the ball quickly.

4. Jatavis Brown, Akron, OLB

 - here is my fast linebacker that our defense need. He will play the weakside linebacker and be a playmaker in time.

7. Austin Blythe, Iowa, C

 - Alex Mack is probably a 3 year deal. I like this guy to groome behind Mack and maybe play som guard during the process.

 

This is it. I used CBS ranking to determine a realistic round to be drafted.

I had two goals in this draft that is mainly focused on defense:

1. More pass rush - not necessary ends

2. More speed to this defense.

MY BASE DEFENSE:

DE: Shelby

DT: Hageman

DT: Rankins

DT: Beasley

OLB: Weatherspoon

MLB: Vigil

OLB: Upshaw

SS: Cravens

FS: Allen

CB: Trufant

CB: Alford

MY NICKEL BRING IT DEFENSE:

DE: Clayborn

DT: Shelby

DT: Rankins

DE: Beasley

OLB: Brown

OLB: Vigil

SS: Cravens

FS: Allen

CB: Trufant

CB: Alford

CB: Collins

This is it. Offense will be as we expect it so that is why it wasn't mentioned.

Edited by FalconOdense
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

I really like this draft. I don't know if Rankins falls to us but if he does this would be a great draft imo. Although isn't Mack on a 5 year deal?

Yes, he is. Just think it is a three year deal in our mind. Doesn't his cap number increases a lot in the last two years of the contract?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

I actually like Person as a guard, but off course a better one can be found. Cant fix it all though.

I understand.  OG is just the one position that can completely sink our team this year.   If defenses penetrate our interior, our passing game and run game evaporate...and our good OT's are irrelevant.

So, an OLB would help, but we can mask that deficiency.

A good SS would help, but we can mask that deficiency.

If our OG is miserable (which I think is highly likely) there's no masking that deficiency.

I actually really like the draft, but we have to find an OG somehow (maybe by trade for a vet) before going into the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

Yes, he is. Just think it is a three year deal in our mind. Doesn't his cap number increases a lot in the last two years of the contract?

Centers can play well in to their 30's without dropping off much baring injury(see McClure). I wouldnt be worried about Mack that much unless he gets hurt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The most glaring issue to me is that you have all of your first 4 picks on your nickel D.

I've seen it mentioned that Quinn says we are in nickel about 60-70% of the time. If that's true, then nickel is really more of your "base". So, I think it's extremely unlikely that 4 rookies are gonna be 1st-stringers in nickel & getting that much playing time right out of the gate. I could see 2 guys contributing right away, but expecting 4 rookies to immediately have an impact like that seems pretty unrealistic IMO.

I do however, LOVE the Blythe pick in the 7th. I think that would be terrific value for him & he can provide solid depth at both C & OG for a few years and eventually take over when Mack's time is done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, k-train said:

The most glaring issue to me is that you have all of your first 4 picks on your nickel D.

I've seen it mentioned that Quinn says we are in nickel about 60-70% of the time. If that's true, then nickel is really more of your "base". So, I think it's extremely unlikely that 4 rookies are gonna be 1st-stringers in nickel & getting that much playing time right out of the gate. I could see 2 guys contributing right away, but expecting 4 rookies to immediately have an impact like that seems pretty unrealistic IMO.

I do however, LOVE the Blythe pick in the 7th. I think that would be terrific value for him & he can provide solid depth at both C & OG for a few years and eventually take over when Mack's time is done.

You are maybe right on the first part. Hard to argue. I just had to remove Worrilow from the line up. Maybe still Spoon for Vigil in nickel if he stays healthy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Romfal said:

Centers can play well in to their 30's without dropping off much baring injury(see McClure). I wouldnt be worried about Mack that much unless he gets hurt

My points was more a cap issue than an age issue. But fair enough. Always nice to have a back up center and someone who can contribute as guard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Kayoh said:

I really like this draft. I don't know if Rankins falls to us but if he does this would be a great draft imo. Although isn't Mack on a 5 year deal?

Crazy... Casserly has Rankins falling out of the first round? Drunk og just senile?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/charley-casserly/305662?campaign=tw-cf-sf24008829-sf24008829

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...