Mike Mayock 3.0 Rankings

Linebacker

1. Jaylon Smith, Notre Dame 
2. Myles Jack, UCLA 
3. Darron Lee, Ohio State 
4. Reggie Ragland, Alabama 
T-5. Deion Jones, LSU 
T-5. Jatavis Brown, Akron

I don't know much about this dude but he is somebody I wanted to share with you all, since most are looking for fast LBs I think he ran 4.38-4.44 at his bro day check him out

ANALYSIS

Strengths

Consistent and productive for three, straight seasons. Tremendous play speed and acceleration to cut off angles and catch running backs around the corner. Ran a 4.47 at regional combine. Explosive athlete with serious twitch. Glides and mirrors. Can outrace blockers to the spot. Rangy, but will squeeze backside. Team-­oriented and not looking to play hero-ball. Instinctive and sniffs out misdirection plays. Attempts to disrupt tight ends getting into routes and has some cover ability. Uses quickness and burst to the quarterback to rack up sacks as blitzer.

Weaknesses

Built like a safety and more of a hybrid fit than a true NFL linebacker. Can be swallowed whole by climbing linebackers who get their mitts on him. Needs to add more slippery to his game to avoid the bigs. Lack of play strength and mechanics will show up with his tackling. Allowed four broken tackles and slides off his targets rather than running feet through the finish. Redirect blocks can end his pursuit.

5 minutes ago, Truth B Told (TRU) said:

You don't know much about Darron Lee either, but you claim you do.

Here you go bro, I left that alone, all I'm going to say is if we get him he better be this amazing player you say he is cause if I see the same issues I believe he has, pretty much will take your thoughts on lbs in the future like a new born trying to explain directions. Have a good day now.

22 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

Here you go bro, I left that alone, all I'm going to say is if we get him he better be this amazing player you say he is cause if I see the same issues I believe he has, pretty much will take your thoughts on lbs in the future like a new born trying to explain directions. Have a good day now.

It's not like you have a general idea of players anyways. You read and regurgitate everything that is written. Watch games for yourself and form our own opinion. Funny you didn't start liken Floyd until the consensus on this board said they did.

22 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

better be this amazing player

If you know anything about our scheme you know he will, but I forgot who I was speaking with for a second.

1 minute ago, Truth B Told (TRU) said:

It's not like you have a general idea of players anyways. You read and regurgitate everything that is written. Watch games for yourself and form our own opinion. Funny you didn't start liken Floyd until the consensus on this board said they did.

If you know anything about our scheme you know he will, but I forgot who I was speaking with for a second.

lol you're ignorant bro. So just because I posted a scouting report means I never watched a game of his nor any film? :) 

You form your opinions of him just like I do, and from what I've seen of him on the field I stand behind him struggling to get off blocks, overrunning plays, looking lost in zone coverage, and struggling to tackle in space.

Now if we get him, I hope he does improve those, but if not like I said I will take any comments you make on a LB like a newborn giving directions and that's just the way I feel about it.

Thats ignorant though to say just because I posted a scouting report means any game tape of him I've seen goes out the window. lol

16 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

lol you're ignorant bro. So just because I posted a scouting report means I never watched a game of his nor any film? :) 

You form your opinions of him just like I do, and from what I've seen of him on the field I stand behind him struggling to get off blocks, overrunning plays, looking lost in zone coverage, and struggling to tackle in space.

Now if we get him, I hope he does improve those, but if not like I said I will take any comments you make on a LB like a newborn giving directions and that's just the way I feel about it.

Thats ignorant though to say just because I posted a scouting report means any game tape of him I've seen goes out the window. lol

16 hours ago, HaRdH3ad said:

I wanna say it's the 2015 one I'm not sure, once I saw a lb that was just a 40 time and nothing else who gets lost in zone, can play man, can't take on or shed blocks and struggles tackling and majority over half his snaps are lined up outside not as a actually LB. I stopped watching. Forget Ragland if it upsets you, I'll take Floyd over Lee all day long, week long and twice on Sunday's. Although he is lite in the arse also he is one **** of a pass rusher & way more versatile

You got me confused. I actually watch games unlike you.

So you came up with all of that during the season, or was it after the season when the writers started writing their NFL Draft profile? Exactly

You never watched him in the first place. 

Edited by Truth B Told (TRU)

10 minutes ago, Truth B Told (TRU) said:

You got me confused. I actually watch games unlike you.

So you came up with all of that during the season, or was it after the season when the writers started writing their NFL Draft profile? Exactly

You never watched him in the first place. 

See that's the ignorance I'm talking about, that's like you saying if Dan Quinn didn't watch a prospect during the season, the fact that he may re-watch a game after the season means he can't make an accurate judgement on the prospect.

Like the film is altered or something if you don't watch it during the season vs after. Lol you got it. 

One more thing before I go, since you watched this dude all during the year, he better be this special player you say, because if not like I said before I'll never take a report from you about a player serious again, because if you can't correctly predict a player you apparently have watched almost every game on then you should just stop scouting.

8 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

See that's the ignorance I'm talking about, that's like you saying if Dan Quinn didn't watch a prospect during the season, the fact that he may re-watch a game after the season means he can't make an accurate judgement on the prospect.

Like the film is altered or something if you don't watch it during the season vs after. Lol you got it. 

One more thing before I go, since you watched this dude all during the year, he better be this special player you say, because if not like I said before I'll never take a report from you about a player serious again, because if you can't correctly predict a player you apparently have watched almost every game on then you should just stop scouting.

You're calling me ignorant but than you make a ignorant comment. If Quinn watches the tape unlike you, than yes he can make a accurate assessment. I can tell you he is not going to take what some random person wrote about him to write him off. The problem I have with you is, you mention Lee name in threads when no other poster has mentioned his name, but than act like you watched him during the season when in fact you site everything you read.

26 minutes ago, Truth B Told (TRU) said:

You're calling me ignorant but than you make a ignorant comment. If Quinn watches the tape unlike you, than yes he can make a accurate assessment. I can tell you he is not going to take what some random person wrote about him to write him off. The problem I have with you is, you mention Lee name in threads when no other poster has mentioned his name, but than act like you watched him during the season when in fact you site everything you read.

See this is why I'm calling you ignoring, I didn't take what a random person wrote and write him off, if I'm not mistaken you posted a quote about Ragland as well. For some reason you think just because I posted that, it means that I didn't watch any film of him and that's not the case when In fact I have numerous times trying to see if I would feel any different about him & no matter how much I watch him I still feel the same about his negatives in my eyes. Is he fast yes, can he cover in man yes, but that doesn't change the fact that when I watch him he looks lost in zone coverage, he over runs plays, he struggles to fight off blocks, take on blocks, and struggles tackling. Now does that mean those can't be fixed? No, that's just what I see when I watch him & I don't like his instincts, what good does a 4.4 guy do you when he reacts slower than a 5.0 guy? Nothing. That's just my opinion.

the notion that you can't watch film and post a scouting report like its a law saying it has to be either/or is in fact ignorant.

Edited by HaRdH3ad

36 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

See this is why I'm calling you ignoring, I didn't take what a random person wrote and write him off, if I'm not mistaken you posted a quote about Ragland as well. For some reason you think just because I posted that, it means that I didn't watch any film of him and that's not the case when In fact I have numerous times trying to see if I would feel any different about him & no matter how much I watch him I still feel the same about his negatives in my eyes. Is he fast yes, can he cover in man yes, but that doesn't change the fact that when I watch him he looks lost in zone coverage, he over runs plays, he struggles to fight off blocks, take on blocks, and struggles tackling. Now does that mean those can't be fixed? No, that's just what I see when I watch him & I don't like his instincts, what good does a 4.4 guy do you when he reacts slower than a 5.0 guy? Nothing. That's just my opinion.

the notion that you can't watch film and post a scouting report like its a law saying it has to be either/or is in fact ignorant.

I was born at night, but not last night. You can say what you want, but I don't believe you watch any games end of story. I'm not going to go back and forth with you on that.

I did not post any quotes about Ragland. Good try though.