Myles Jack Visiting

OC

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Anthony Planet said:

Interesting. I see no way that we move up to get him, and no way that he falls to us. But if he does, that would be sweet.

Right. I don't either. My response to this was that this does nothing but get everyone's hopes up lol

2 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Never say never.  None of us knows how the draft will play out.  That's the beauty of it and why many mocks are simply ridiculous.  Anyone "guessing" which pick a player will go, is simply pissing in the wind.

Very true. Myles Jack FITS the fast and physical mantra though. He would be a great fit for what Quinn is trying to do on defense. If he ever drops to 10 or 12, we might have a decision to make!

I love Jack, really do, no matter what we'd have to trade up for him. My question is this, is Blank pushing  a big move in the draft to land a guy like Jack to sell PSL's for the new stadium ? Because we're going to have a lot of draft picks going next year if we make this move.

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird1990 said:

we would probably have to give up multiple ones to jump that high to snag him. 

I actually looked at the trade chart and it would be a first and third next year, not horrible, and if Jack turns into the superstar everyone thinks, I think it would be okay.

Myles Jack is a great prospect, but he is not a transcendent talent. Pre-injury, Jaylon Smith was the only transcendent talent in this class.

Jack stands out in what is honest a quite average LB class.

Don't forget, he left the team after he was injured. Teams will put various amounts of negative weight on that decision/attitude.

He also hasn't run a 40...is he a 4.4 guy, a 4.5 guy or a 4.6 guy? That makes a difference to a lot of talent evaluators picking in the Top 5  - Top 20

4 minutes ago, Adam25 said:

I actually looked at the trade chart and it would be a first and third next year, not horrible, and if Jack turns into the superstar everyone thinks, I think it would be okay.

if thats the case i would be ok with it

Julio trade V2...

I wouldn't be mad.  Overall this is a very mediocre draft, and Jack is one of those transcendent players that can change an entire unit as Julio did for our offense.

The more I think about it, the more I say bring him home, TD (plus the other 5 GMs).

Heck, no one saw the Julio trade coming either.

10 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Its not happening ... This is a .. Just incase he falls type visit...

Yep.

We also have a history of bringing in Top 10 talent to use as a baseline to compare against players we can realistically draft.

They probably want to watch Jack and then compare Lee, Ragland, Jones, etc. against him to see just how big the gap is.

24 minutes ago, virginiafalcon said:

Yep.

We also have a history of bringing in Top 10 talent to use as a baseline to compare against players we can realistically draft.

They probably want to watch Jack and then compare Lee, Ragland, Jones, etc. against him to see just how big the gap is.

Yeah I agree

24 minutes ago, virginiafalcon said:

Yep.

This.. And it allows us to evaluate his health and compare to other potential picks to determine if we truly see the value in going up to draft him versus another player(s). I do think it's possible we might try based on his potential to transform the defense AND the very likely scenario that other players we would like at 17 are also going to go before our pick anyway; therefore, the real trade value difference is lessened as well as you have to weight the real outcome of settling for a player that is your distant 4th or 5th option at #17 and not nearly the long term impact player nor value to your team. 

1 hour ago, Da_Truth said:

Never say never.  None of us knows how the draft will play out.  That's the beauty of it and why many mocks are simply ridiculous.  Anyone "guessing" which pick a player will go, is simply pissing in the wind.

Just do it the AFMB way: Say that you made a mock draft for every scenario possible so you can always say "I loved that guy...Troffed". It's a flawless system.

Just now, Anthony Planet said:

Hmmm, I agree. but if he is there at 14, do you ask what the price is to get there? If the price is 'worth it' do you pull the trigger?

We have limited picks as it is, and tons of holes. "If the price is worth it" is completely hypothetical... I would just lean towards no, I would not trade up for him.