Kentucky signee Jordan Griffin talks recruiting, finds humor in South Carolina assistant’s brutal honesty.

SacFalcFan

On 4/6/2016 at 2:57 PM, fibonaccisquared said:

Oof. Not a good look for McClendon. Also, was it just the way I read it, or does it sound an awful lot like he doesn't really want to be at Kentucky anymore? Couple of comments on coaching changes, not committing early, and his "fix" for the NCAA was in regards to that as well.

Yeah. Sounds like he only went to Kentucky because of that coach and then the coach leaves and now he doesn't want to be there.

• 3 weeks later...

That is hilarious... BMac doesn't want to be there. :lol:

Very frustrating to see first hand the effects of coaches being able to just up and leave after a kid commits to play for them. I don't know how in the world they could address that though with the nature of staff turnover and when it typically happens. Coaches should be upfront about it even if it might cost the school a commitment. Then again, that's why you commit to a school and not a coach.

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

That is hilarious... BMac doesn't want to be there. :lol:

Very frustrating to see first hand the effects of coaches being able to just up and leave after a kid commits to play for them. I don't know how in the world they could address that though with the nature of staff turnover and when it typically happens. Coaches should be upfront about it even if it might cost the school a commitment. Then again, that's why you commit to a school and not a coach.

I would not say that.  He got a promotion on paper and a raise to go to SC.  I would like to think smart would have kept him but maybe not. 

35 minutes ago, The_Voice_of_Reason said:

I would not say that.  He got a promotion on paper and a raise to go to SC.  I would like to think smart would have kept him but maybe not. 

Probably not. Kirby and BMac went head to head a lot on the recruiting trail and there are some hard feelings. My gut always told me BMac was willing to be professional and set it aside, but Kirby just wasn't too keen on keeping him. Either way, I am very happy with Coley taking over and wish BMac all the best.

I don't think he wants to be at SC though. He's there because it's a stepping stone.