cody-whitehair-495x364.jpg

3. Javon Hargrave - DT - SC State

hqdefault.jpg

4. Tyler Higbee - TE - WKU

635832733768650426-USATSI-8851137.jpg

7. Luke Rhodes - ILB - William and Mary 

CVqG5NDXAAA0GcN.jpg

Analysis:

1st Round: Leonard Floyd brings speed, agility, and length to our LB corps. With Floyd joining last year's first round pick of Beasley, we suddenly have a young duo of promising pass rushers for the first time in, well... a very long time. 

2nd Round: With the addition of Cody Whitehair, our OL has gone from a major liability to a strength in just one offseason. We already have our bookend tackles in Matthews/Schraeder and our anchor in Mack, Whitehair will top it all off. We have the best OL since 08-10 when our OL had a nack for being "nasty."

3rd Round: We snatch up Javon Hargrave in the 3rd round, who is one of the best penetrating DTs in the draft. Our DL is young and full of potential with Hargrave, Jarrett, and Hageman. 

4th Round: In the 4th we finally give Ryan a legit receiving threat at TE since TGs departure. Higbee is going to be a beast in the NFL, he is very fluid with soft hands and also isn't too shabby at blocking. Can stretch the seam and provides a mismatch for opposing defenders across the middle. 

7th Round: Luke Rhodes has very good football instincts and is a sound tackler. He could provide solid depth to our LB corps and could potentially start at MLB over former-UDFA Worrilow. 

As always, thoughts and critiques are appreciated! 

2 minutes ago, WAR said:

Notable FA acquisitions:

• Alex Mack - C
  • Mohamed Sanu - WR
  • Derrick Shelby - DE
  • Sean Weatherspoon - LB
  • Courtney Upshaw - LB

Draft

1. Leonard Floyd - OLB - Georgia

hqdefault.jpg

2. Cody Whitehair - G - Kansas State

cody-whitehair-495x364.jpg

3. Javon Hargrave - DT - SC State

hqdefault.jpg

4. Tyler Higbee - TE - WKU

635832733768650426-USATSI-8851137.jpg

7. Luke Rhodes - ILB - William and Mary 

CVqG5NDXAAA0GcN.jpg

Analysis:

1st Round: Leonard Floyd brings speed, agility, and length to our LB corps. With Floyd joining last year's first round pick of Beasley, we suddenly have a young duo of promising pass rushers for the first time in, well... a very long time. 

2nd Round: With the addition of Cody Whitehair, our OL has gone from a major liability to a strength in just one offseason. We already have our bookend tackles in Matthews/Schraeder and our anchor in Mack, Whitehair will top it all off. We have the best OL since 08-10 when our OL had a nack for being "nasty."

3rd Round: We snatch up Javon Hargrave in the 3rd round, who is one of the best penetrating DTs in the draft. Our DL is young and full of potential with Hargrave, Jarrett, and Hageman. 

4th Round: In the 4th we finally give Ryan a legit receiving threat at TE since TGs departure. Higbee is going to be a beast in the NFL, he is very fluid with soft hands and also isn't too shabby at blocking. Can stretch the seam and provides a mismatch for opposing defenders across the middle. 

7th Round: Luke Rhodes has very good football instincts and is a sound tackler. He could provide solid depth to our LB corps and could potentially start at MLB over former-UDFA Worrilow. 

As always, thoughts and critiques are appreciated! 

We'll done!

Really starting to like the Floyd pick there..I'm one of the UGA guys that would love to have a Bulldog on the team..really like the 2nd pick but I think he will be gone by our pick...Higbee is who I'm hoping we can grab in the 4th too..he would be a big, athletic te that could have a year behind Tamme..would really be happy with this draft!

I look at this draft & I see that we'd still have nobody to play WLB or SS... two glaring holes.

I like Whitehair a lot, but I don't think he makes it to #50.

I also like Higbee a ton, but I doubt we take two small school guys in back to back rounds like that & I doubt we'd take a DT in the 3rd when we can get by this year with what we have, but absolutely need a SS and WLB. You could say the same for Te though they do seem to be scouting them, so we very well may take one if the right one is there at some point.

To me, it'd make a heck of a lot more sense to go with:
1st - Spriggs or Whitehair (to lock down RG for the next decade)
2nd - SS (Neal, Cravens, Joseph, Bell, Cash, or Thompson)
3rd - OLB (Correa, Fackrell, Ngakoue, Jones, Nicolas or Perry)
4th - MLB (Vigil, Martinez, or Kwiatkowski) or Penn State DT Anthony Zettel (you get a guy like Hargrave w/ interior rush potential, but this guy's done it against better competition)
7th - BPA between a CB or a WR or HB that can return kicks/punts

I really like a lot of the players you mentioned, but I just think that particular bunch would still leave us with some significant holes.

5 hours ago, k-train said:

I look at this draft & I see that we'd still have nobody to play WLB or SS... two glaring holes.

I like Whitehair a lot, but I don't think he makes it to #50.

I also like Higbee a ton, but I doubt we take two small school guys in back to back rounds like that & I doubt we'd take a DT in the 3rd when we can get by this year with what we have, but absolutely need a SS and WLB. You could say the same for Te though they do seem to be scouting them, so we very well may take one if the right one is there at some point.

To me, it'd make a heck of a lot more sense to go with:
1st - Spriggs or Whitehair (to lock down RG for the next decade)
2nd - SS (Neal, Cravens, Joseph, Bell, Cash, or Thompson)
3rd - OLB (Correa, Fackrell, Ngakoue, Jones, Nicolas or Perry)
4th - MLB (Vigil, Martinez, or Kwiatkowski) or Penn State DT Anthony Zettel (you get a guy like Hargrave w/ interior rush potential, but this guy's done it against better competition)
7th - BPA between a CB or a WR or HB that can return kicks/punts

I really like a lot of the players you mentioned, but I just think that particular bunch would still leave us with some significant holes.

Appreciate the feedback bro. 

The route you listed above is definitely different, but I would still be stoked if it panned out that way. 

With my mock, obvious position of need going into to 2017 would be LB & SS. Can't fill all holes in one offseason. 

I trust Quinn to put these players in the absolute best positions to succeed in the NFL. Some claim Floyd is not a fit with Reed and Upshaw on the roster, but again, I trust Quinn to be able to find creative ways to get all the guys on the field and involved.

Edited by WAR