Cody Whithair to Meet With Falcons

HaRdH3ad

Am I the only one that loves this dude at guard? Every site pretty much compares him to Zach Martin, I'm not going to give a ra ra speech but just watch the tape, this dude is a true technician, wide base, plug and play at guard.

Thoughts? 

Edited by HaRdH3ad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Plug n Play put him next to Mack Matthews and Schrader & we are set for the next half decade.

Thought I was the only one, do you think we would have to spend a 1st on him not @ 17 but maybe in a trade down. Even though I say if he is that high on the board I wouldn't complain about fixing the line though it wouldn't be the sexiest pick 

2 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

Thought I was the only one, do you think we would have to spend a 1st on him not @ 17 but maybe in a trade down. Even though I say if he is that high on the board I wouldn't complain about fixing the line though it wouldn't be the sexiest pick 

Depends who they want in the first ideally though you won't like this if they could get to the early to mid 20s to get Lee and ad another 3rd then move up in the 2nd maybe is a scenario to look at.

Screw sexy you put Whitehair Mack Schrader and Matthews together we have the makings of what could be the best o-line we've had in years. 

When I was watching the Ogbah tape against Kansas State he jumped off the screen. I didn't even know who he was at the time, but when I looked him up I found out he was considered the unanimous top guard in the draft.

I'd love to get him somehow, but I think we have to go defense in the first and he'll be gone by round 2.

Edited by JRob215

2 things to consider.

1, maybe w his poor bench press he falls to 50. But the tape may be too good.

2, if we can trade down with a team like MIN or SEA for them to get a top WR, Whitehair would be a great grab in the mid- late 20s. Then if we land and extra 2nd or 3rd pile up on defense w/ 4 picks in rounds 2-4.

9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Depends who they want in the first ideally though you won't like this if they could get to the early to mid 20s to get Lee and ad another 3rd then move up in the 2nd maybe is a scenario to look at.

Screw sexy you put Whitehair Mack Schrader and Matthews together we have the makings of what could be the best o-line we've had in years. 

Lol bro honestly it's not that I hate Lee, I just seriously question the thought of taking him over Ragland who plays MLB or even over Leonard Floyd who could also help us at pass rushing. I just think there are more WLBs than MLBs. Unless Dan Quinn is going to play him at MLB, but having warrilow in the middle of our defense has to change man it just has 2

3 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

2 things to consider.

1, maybe w his poor bench press he falls to 50. But the tape may be too good.

2, if we can trade down with a team like MIN or SEA for them to get a top WR, Whitehair would be a great grab in the mid- late 20s. Then if we land and extra 2nd or 3rd pile up on defense w/ 4 picks in rounds 2-4.

I'm not completely aware of that chart but how far would we have to trade down to get a extra second?

5 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

Lol bro honestly it's not that I hate Lee, I just seriously question the thought of taking him over Ragland who plays MLB or even over Leonard Floyd who could also help us at pass rushing. I just think there are more WLBs than MLBs. Unless Dan Quinn is going to play him at MLB, but having warrilow in the middle of our defense has to change man it just has 2

I think we can fix MLBer and pass rush next year.I'd have his teammate Foster over Ragland.Lee tome has the versatility he can also rush the passer and play every LBing spot so I'm not to worried about him as many are.

I'm not saying we are drafting Whitehair - but it is CLEAR to me that the Falcons are drafting an offensive guard in this draft - many of you have thought otherwise (not most but maybe half the board) - it is clear to me from tracking the interviews and workouts that the Falcons have every intention of drafting a guard.

and I'm happy about it!

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I'm not saying we are drafting Whitehair - but it is CLEAR to me that the Falcons are drafting an offensive guard in this draft - many of you have thought otherwise (not most but maybe half the board) - it is clear to me from tracking the interviews and workouts that the Falcons have every intention of drafting a guard.

and I'm happy about it!

You can say that again g-dawg, I with you and kiwi, we get a good guard its on. I just wonder how early or late we would take one? Cause I'm almost guaranteeing we would have to spend a first/late first on Whitehair

24 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

I'm not completely aware of that chart but how far would we have to trade down to get a extra second?

For equal value we'd have to trade with KC

They get our 1st (#17 overall) ... which has a value of 950pts
We get their 1st (#28 overall) & their 2nd (#60 overall) ... which would be 660pts + 300pts = 960pts

Doesn't seem possible to trade down & get a 2nd that would be before our current 2nd rounder without having to trade out of the 1st round altogether.

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

and I'm happy about it!

more protection for Ryan. Im all for it!

11 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think we can fix MLBer and pass rush next year.I'd have his teammate Foster over Ragland.Lee tome has the versatility he can also rush the passer and play every LBing spot so I'm not to worried about him as many are.

Yeah not going to lie I was thinking about that last night if quinn was to coach him up and add pass rush moves he might be a problem for other teams beyond just his ability to run and cover.

5 minutes ago, k-train said:

For equal value we'd have to trade with KC

They get our 1st (#17 overall) ... which has a value of 950pts
We get their 1st (#28 overall) & their 2nd (#60 overall) ... which would be 660pts + 300pts = 960pts

Wow is that the earliest pick we could get that would get us a second? 

10 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

Wow is that the earliest pick we could get that would get us a second? 

Pretty much... at least if you go by the chart.

Say we wanted to trade with Washington for their 1st & 2nd.

Their 1st (21 overall) is worth 800
Their 2nd (54 overall) is worth 360
That's a total of 1160 which is 210 points higher than the value of our 1st.

We'd have to give them our 3rd (185pts) & 4th (68pts) & we also get their 5th to make the value close to even & that's probably not a smart move.

Even trading w/ Seattle to move down to #26 wouldn't work
#26 = 700
#57 = 330
Which comes to 1030... 80 points shy on our end, which means we'd have to give them our 4th & 7th to be even value.

6 minutes ago, k-train said:

Pretty much... at least if you go by the chart.

Say we wanted to trade with Washington for their 1st & 2nd.

Their 1st (21 overall) is worth 800
Their 2nd (54 overall) is worth 360
That's a total of 1160 which is 110 points higher than the value of our 1st.

We'd have to give them our 3rd (115pts) to make the value close to even & that's probably not a smart move.

Cool...I wonder if any of Chiefs, cardinals or Broncos would bite, would be nice 

Just now, HaRdH3ad said:

Cool...I wonder if any of Chiefs, cardinals or Broncos would bite, would be nice 

I doubt the Broncos would. They just lost a bunch of players, so they need every pick they got.

Cards do not have a 2nd to trade.

I could see KC if there was someone at 17 they really wanted... but I can't figure out who that could be. Indy is picking right after us, so it'd have to be someone KC thought that Indy might snag... which pretty much rules out a WR. They know Indy isn't going to take a WR in the 1st, so they wouldn't bother trying to jump ahead of them. Not really sure what KC's other needs are.

2 minutes ago, k-train said:

I doubt the Broncos would. They just lost a bunch of players, so they need every pick they got.

Cards do not have a 2nd to trade.

I could see KC if there was someone at 17 they really wanted... but I can't figure out who that could be. Indy is picking right after us, so it'd have to be someone KC thought that Indy might snag... which pretty much rules out a WR. They know Indy isn't going to take a WR in the 1st, so they wouldn't bother trying to jump ahead of them. Not really sure what KC's other needs are.

Word is they(chiefs) really like Lynch, so you never know.