jidady

2016 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

1,173 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, ransack said:

I really like Markakis hitting second. He's a patient hitter, gets on base, and should see some good pitches hitting in front of Freeman.

Yep. But Frediot insists on hitting Aybar at the top of the order.

Mallex Smith will join the team in DC tomorrow. Braves will also announce a move for Winkler's injury. Mark Bowman also says the Braves are looking at their SS options.

38 minutes ago, ransack said:

Hopefully he uses Mallex there while he's up.

Extremely doubtful knowing Fredi the way I do. It would be very surprised if Mallex Smith is hitting leadoff tomorrow night like he should be. He'll probably be 7th or 8th in the lineup knowing Fredi.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Extremely doubtful knowing Fredi the way I do. It would be very surprised if Mallex Smith is hitting leadoff tomorrow night like he should be. He'll probably be 7th or 8th in the lineup knowing Fredi.

Probably unless someone from the FO tells him to put him at the top of the lineup where he's supposed to be. Hitting him 1st for two weeks isn't going to kill his confidence.

So when does this whole "tank to build the farm system" thing start to pay off? It certainly does not look like they will be good for the opening of the new stadium.

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

So when does this whole "tank to build the farm system" thing start to pay off? It certainly does not look like they will be good for the opening of the new stadium.

August 12, 2017.

RHP Jose De La Cruz was purchased from Gwinnett and LHP Hunter Cervenka was recalled from Mississippi. RHP Dan Winker was placed on the DL and RHP Jose Ramirez was designated for assignment.

De La Cruz will likely be optioned back out tomorrow to bring up Chacin.

Edit: and now I see that has already been discussed. Carry on.

Edited by K26dp

Yeah. At least we have been competitive in most of these games with a patchwork lineup. If we can get anything out of our bullpen, we should be fine. I'll be glad to see Shae Simmons and a couple of others up in the bigs to get a better look.

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Yeah. At least we have been competitive in most of these games with a patchwork lineup. If we can get anything out of our bullpen, we should be fine. I'll be glad to see Shae Simmons and a couple of others up in the bigs to get a better look.

Disappointing that Dan Winkler looked awesome and then he gets hurt. Why is it always our best players getting hurt? I'm glad the Braves are taking it really slow with Shae Simmons. We won't see him until June at the earliest. Braves said they had to reevaluate their TJS recovery process because of what happened with Beachy and Medlen. Felt they may have rushed them back too soon so they decided to go to a 15 month recovery process. That is what Simmons is on. But yeah if the bullpen ever gets it together we might actually win a few games.

ATLBrave likes this

On 4/11/2016 at 2:14 PM, MAD597 said:

Don't hold your breath. I'm amazed that Coppy was still selling the "We're a wild card contender" nonsense just two weeks ago. I don't understand how he thinks that helps anything. It causes me to question his baseball IQ or his honesty (or both).

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Braves offense has actually been decently good. They've drawn the 5th most walks in the majors so far. Mid pack in strikeouts and runs.

We're scoring 3 1/2 runs a game.

We're also last in the majors in run differential so far this year.

Coming into today here are the Braves ranks

• Runs - 21 (T-22nd)
  • Walks - 28 (5th)
  • Strikeouts - 54 (15th)

Considering we've faced Max Scherzer twice, Stephen Strasburg, Carlos Martinez and Adam Wainwright, I'd say those numbers aren't bad at all.