jidady

2016 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

1,173 posts in this topic

The Braves will never be big spenders in the market. Thats why we're stocking up on so much talent. Best currency there is. Rather trade instead of handing out mega deals.

Our catchers are terrible. AJ can't catch and Flowers is lazy behind the plate and won't block. Hopefully Hebert is the guy and progresses quickly.

4 minutes ago, ransack said:

Our catchers are terrible. AJ can't catch and Flowers is lazy behind the plate and won't block. Hopefully Hebert is the guy and progresses quickly.

Flowers did everything he could. Even Yadi let a ball get away from him tonight and he's the best in all of baseball.

On April 8, 2016 at 8:41 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

Ever think that they couldn't get funding there for a new stadium and had no choice but to leave? The Expos/Nationals left too. Don't you think one of them would have stayed for a new ballpark? The last game there was 1997. There has been no spring training team there since until the Nationals return in 2017. That's 20 years. So you think that maybe there just wasn't enough support to get a new stadium until now for a team to return? Nope. You just automatically think everything the Braves do is about greed and giving the fans the finger and you couldn't be more wrong. That is why I call you a negative person.

They gave ME the finger when they moved to Disney. I went to WPB for spring training EVERY SPRING from 1974 until 1997, when the fan base in attendance was all about the baseball. I went to Disney in 1998 and I about puked my guts out at the nonsense and corporate atmosphere I witnessed. I swore to never go back and I kept my promise. 

1 hour ago, ransack said:

Hebert? That pronounced A-Bear?

9 minutes ago, Victor Newman said:

They gave ME the finger when they moved to Disney. I went to WPB for spring training EVERY SPRING from 1974 until 1997, when the fan base in attendance was all about the baseball. I went to Disney in 1998 and I about puked my guts out at the nonsense and corporate atmosphere I witnessed. I swore to never go back and I kept my promise. 

Yep. Just want I thought. Did not answer my question. Just said the same thing you said before.

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep. Just want I thought. Did not answer my question. Just said the same thing you said before.

I'll answer your question. Well, I'll ADDRESS your question. Why did they need a new stadium? Municipal Stadium was perfectly fine. 

15 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Flowers did everything he could. Even Yadi let a ball get away from him tonight and he's the best in all of baseball.

Dropping to one knee constantly and failing to move your feet on balls in the dirt is just flat out laziness.

Yeah, I'm not saying this because I can't stand the dude. AJ and then Flowers both have shown poor form thus far this season. I wonder if the cold weather is having an impact.

Braves Re-Sign Emilio Bonifacio To Minor-League Deal

By Charlie Wilmoth | April 10, 2016 at 9:53am CDT

The Braves have re-signed veteran infielder/outfielder Emilio Bonifacio to a minor-league deal and assigned him to Triple-A Gwinnett, David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution tweets. Last we heard, the Braves had designated Bonifacio for assignment last week, so it appears he got through waivers.

The Braves signed Bonifacio to a big-league deal last offseason, but he didn’t make the team, as the Braves opted for Jeff Francoeur and Drew Stubbs as backup outfield options. Bonifacio collected 82 plate appearances for the White Sox last year, but he played for the Braves for part of the 2014 season. For his career, Bonifacio has batted .259/.316/.337 while playing seven different positions and for eight different teams.

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Needed to do something. Gant was good his first appearance but definitely got rocked the next two times out.

But the guy I'm worried about is Jason Grilli. The walks are concerning. 3 more walks last night. 4 walks in less than 2 innings of work. He's faced 11 batters and 6 of them have reached base.

Its still way early but Grilli is a concern right now. He's definitely not going to be that trade chip we need him to be if he cant throw strikes.

Braves place Inciarte on the DL. No call up just yet. Braves also agreed to a minor league deal with Bonifacio and sent him to Gwinnett

Pregame show says Mallex Smith has been scratched from Gwinnett's game today. Could be Smith coming up. Braves say they'll make a move after the game.

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Pregame show says Mallex Smith has been scratched from Gwinnett's game today. Could be Smith coming up. Braves say they'll make a move after the game.

Yay!!!

G0YYDXE.gif

We knew last year this was going to be a process and I said then we really can't say anything until year 3 so...it is what it is.  It's early but I knew we'd stink this year and I didn't pretend or try to talk myself into anything else with any acquisitions we made.  

Fredi will be back despite how much some of you complain because he's going to get the "rebuild" benefit of the doubt as well.

Still not sure I trust the people calling the shots but we shall see.

Positive Thinker likes this

17 minutes ago, ransack said:

I really like Markakis hitting second. He's a patient hitter, gets on base, and should see some good pitches hitting in front of Freeman.

I've seen a lot of him in Baltimore as I get them on TV here and go to games there.  He is all that you say and an all around good ball player.