SS Kevin Byard

#MTSU safety Kevin Byard (@KB20_Era) has workouts with the @Panthers (Tuesday on campus) and with @AtlantaFalcons on Wednesday, per source.

Wednesday is our local pro day. He's moving up boards especially after his good pro day he had. I wouldn't be surprised if we took him 3rd rd. I could see the first 3 rds like this.

Lee

Kenny Clark/Vernon Butler

Byard

Maybe the best non-Combine defensive prospect in draft...MTSU DB Kevin Byard excels at Pro Day https://t.co/dIF3xHdMIa via @footballpost

Per Phil Savage

All of his numbers were better than Neal and Cravens. And I mean all. We would be talking about him more if he had been at the combine. DQ likes speed and he has it. An added bonus is his ball skills. (19 INTs). I'm not worried about his physicality, he might not make the bone crushing hits like Neal and Joseph, but he makes the tackle. All I care about. Over 300 in his career.

7 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

All of his numbers were better than Neal and Cravens. And I mean all. We would be talking about him more if he had been at the combine. DQ likes speed and he has it. An added bonus is his ball skills. (19 INTs). I'm not worried about his physicality, he might not make the bone crushing hits like Neal and Joseph, but he makes the tackle. All I care about. Over 300 in his career.

I am not against Byard, I am just pointing out that he is has not been a very good tackler.  

1 hour ago, texasfalconfan said:

Byard is a 5th rounder and we have no 5th round pick. I know you can't trade back without a buyer but I would be all about trading back from 17. If we could and end up with 

su cravens

deion jones

bronson kafusi

tyler higbee

kevin byard

thar would be a good draft

That would be an incredible draft. I'd wager at least 3 out of the 5 picks go on to be very solid players. Possibly more if they're all on the same defense. Their collective speed would be a drastic improvement. 

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4039892-players-you-are-curious-to-see-at-combine-pro-days/
&
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4040960-identifying-the-possible-sleepers-in-the-2016-draft/

As you can see by my posts in these threads, I've been quite interested in the possibility of Byard playing safety for us. He'd almost certainly have to be more of a project than an immediate solution, but seems to have the tools to become something special with good coaching.