Draftnut57's 2016 Mock Draft

Draftnut57

Same Mock I made last week, But did not give myself the pick in the Second Round for trading down to get Ogbah. So I get a low 2nd for the trade down and take Cravins with our pick and Thomas with trade pick, This will be my only 2016 Mock.  

1. DE Emmanuel Ogbah 6-3, 275, Oklahoma St.  {24 sacks the last two seasons} 

2. SS Sua Cravins 6-1, 225, USC   {154 Tkl + 10 sacks Last 2 years}

2. WR Michael Thomas 6-3, 210, Ohio St.  {18 TDs Last 2 years}

3. DT Javon Hargrove 6-1, 300, South Carolina State  {29.5 sacks Last 2 years}

4. G/T Denver Kirkland 6-5, 340, Arkansas  {Massive Guard to anchor the Middle}

7. TE Darrin Griswold 6-5, 265, Arkansas St.  {Converted HS QB, Talented with huge upside}

I really thought about this before I made it.. I love the first pick,, I think this player is very underrated obviously.  The 7th round pick Darrin Griswold  is a very talented player, converted from QB, but is very talented Physically and mentally , Great Natural Athlete very fast and  talented, Catches everything and is big and strong enough to block when ask to.  We interviewed him , hoping he will be in Red and Black by the end of the draft. 

I really wanted WR Doctson in this draft but he has flown up the draft more than any other player.. He's now concidered a First rd pick.. I'd love to have gotten him but I don't think it can happen now that he's moved up so high. But I really like Thomas,, also.. 

11 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yeap,, Cravens would play LBer and SS.. Love his versatility ...  Plus ,, you can't get everything you need in the draft.. I try to get the best players of need, And what ever else we need.. WE get after the cuts that come after the draft. 

I want Cravens in the draft too man. But to play one or the other. We need someone at BOTH positions.

9 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I really wanted WR Doctson in this draft but he has flown up the draft more than any other player.. He's now concidered a First rd pick.. I'd love to have gotten him but I don't think it can happen now that he's moved up so high. But I really like Thomas,, also.. 

We also have way too many defensive needs to be taking a WR in the first 3 rounds imo dude

4 minutes ago, Dunn-Vick-Duckett said:

We also have way too many defensive needs to be taking a WR in the first 3 rounds imo dude

We need to replace Roddie, and this player is going to be a good one.. I don't believe in forcing picks to our needs,, But get that best player per need... And IMO,,, WR is a need, I mean we have a great QB and he needs a new young WR ,, Just remember this thread, and who ever gets Thomas is going to get an awesome WR,, I think he will be better than Roddie in His prime. It's my draft , and I'm not only stickin to it, but I love it... This is the only year, I'll only be making one Mock,, I wanted to wait and make sure of who I wanted, I think this may be the best Mock I've ever made. ...  :wiggle:

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

We need to replace Roddie, and this player is going to be a good one.. I don't believe in forcing picks to our needs,, But get that best player per need... And IMO,,, WR is a need, I mean we have a great QB and he needs a new young WR ,, Just remember this thread, and who ever gets Thomas is going to get an awesome WR,, I think he will be better than Roddie in His prime. It's my draft , and I'm not only stickin to it, but I love it... This is the only year, I'll only be making one Mock,, I wanted to wait and make sure of who I wanted, I think this may be the best Mock I've ever made. ...  :wiggle:

Unfortunatly this team decided to replace Roddy with Sanu. In my eyes, that means we dont go WR in 1-3, or at all in this draft given our lack of picks. We need DEFENSE.

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Sua will play either LB or SS. Using him to fix both it silly. If he's at LB we have a Ish at SS and if he's at SS we have a scrub at LB. 

I'm hoping we draft him as a SS .  And BTW,,, you can't fix everything throw the draft... You just pick the very best players of needs and the best player you can get per pick.. Then after the draft , you pick up the remaining needs after the cuts that come after the draft.. There is a right way to go about it.. And that is what they'll do.. TD is a very smart man.. regardless of what some on here say..

The order is get what you can in FAcy, Then what you can in the Draft, Then finish up the needs after the cuts come from other teams.. Like a 3 step process.. So far TD has knocked our FA pick ups out of the park. Best we've ever had,, He always drafts well compared to other GMs he is at the top.. IMO. And then we'll get those few players we need after cuts before the season starts.. That's the way it works,, one step at a time.. We are now in step two.. TD has done an excellent job so far.. And by the time the season starts , I think this will be the best Falcon team ever in the History of this Franchise... WE are well on our way,, Never seen us go out and get this many great palyers in FAcy.  Fun to watch TD make his moves..

3 minutes ago, Dunn-Vick-Duckett said:

So where does that leave us at LB? That has to be the pick at 17

The order is get what you can in FAcy, Then what you can in the Draft, Then finish up the needs after the cuts come from other teams.. Like a 3 step process.. So far TD has knocked our FA pick ups out of the park. Best we've ever had,, He always drafts well compared to other GMs he is at the top.. IMO. And then we'll get those few players we need after cuts before the season starts.. That's the way it works,, one step at a time.. We are now in step two.. TD has done an excellent job so far.. And by the time the season starts , I think this will be the best Falcon team ever in the History of this Franchise... WE are well on our way,, Never seen us go out and get this many great palyers in FAcy.  Fun to watch TD make his moves..   But you never , ever, force a pick when there are other players much better on the board,,

Using a premium pick for a WR when we just spent huge in free  agency and drafted Hardy last year feels like an unforced error.  

Agree with You Lovers criticisms about trying to use Cravens to plug two holes - doesn't  work.

Also, Denver Kirkland is the antithesis of  ZBS guard - horrible, horrible fit.

Ogbah and Cravens are good picks but the rest? I would be disappointed. 

8 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

The order is get what you can in FAcy, Then what you can in the Draft, Then finish up the needs after the cuts come from other teams.. Like a 3 step process.. So far TD has knocked our FA pick ups out of the park. Best we've ever had,, He always drafts well compared to other GMs he is at the top.. IMO. And then we'll get those few players we need after cuts before the season starts.. That's the way it works,, one step at a time.. We are now in step two.. TD has done an excellent job so far.. And by the time the season starts , I think this will be the best Falcon team ever in the History of this Franchise... WE are well on our way,, Never seen us go out and get this many great palyers in FAcy.  Fun to watch TD make his moves..   But you never , ever, force a pick when there are other players much better on the board,,

You are a nice guy and all Draftnut, but im beginning to think you are TD's agent. Or his brother ;)

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Using a premium pick for a WR when we just spent huge in free  agency and drafted Hardy last year feels like an unforced error.  

Agree with You Lovers criticisms about trying to use Cravens to plug two holes - doesn't  work.

Also, Denver Kirkland is the antithesis of  ZBS guard - horrible, horrible fit.

Ogbah and Cravens are good picks but the rest? I would be disappointed. 

It's just according to how important you think a WR is ?  It's great to have 2 pro starters, but WE need a young Roddie White,, in training,, I actually believe Thomas is going to be a better pro that Roddie was.. Bank on it...

I've got to get out of the house on my day off, and go diggin,, I Metal detect for Civil War relics ,, That's my hobbie.. Wanted to be an Archaeologist but this is as close as I can get .. I'm a digger... Have a great day Draft fans.. TTYL. Thanks for the comments...

13 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I've got to get out of the house on my day off, and go diggin,, I Metal detect for Civil War relics ,, That's my hobbie.. Wanted to be an Archaeologist but this is as close as I can get .. I'm a digger... Have a great day Draft fans.. TTYL. Thanks for the comments...

Dig us up a few different players, Digger..... :)

46 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'm hoping we draft him as a SS .  And BTW,,, you can't fix everything throw the draft... You just pick the very best players of needs and the best player you can get per pick.. Then after the draft , you pick up the remaining needs after the cuts that come after the draft.. There is a right way to go about it.. And that is what they'll do.. TD is a very smart man.. regardless of what some on here say..

The order is get what you can in FAcy, Then what you can in the Draft, Then finish up the needs after the cuts come from other teams.. Like a 3 step process.. So far TD has knocked our FA pick ups out of the park. Best we've ever had,, He always drafts well compared to other GMs he is at the top.. IMO. And then we'll get those few players we need after cuts before the season starts.. That's the way it works,, one step at a time.. We are now in step two.. TD has done an excellent job so far.. And by the time the season starts , I think this will be the best Falcon team ever in the History of this Franchise... WE are well on our way,, Never seen us go out and get this many great palyers in FAcy.  Fun to watch TD make his moves..

Never criticized you for not fixing everything just said it's silly to think 1 player will fix 2 positions. 

And TD sucks, I don't know why you think he's good but he's awful.

8 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Never criticized you for not fixing everything just said it's silly to think 1 player will fix 2 positions. 

And TD sucks, I don't know why you think he's good but he's awful.

I'm hoping we get one more FA ,, At least one more top shelf OG. Then we can draft one ..

9 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Sweet Jesus you must be high. I mean like 8 hours, hanging with Jalen Collin kind of high. Answer me this question about TD because you have to know him or be related to him as you are literally the only person that holds him to this level of esteem. Does he punch with a close fist or is he a slapper?? I just know he slaps cause he has b!tch written all over him:)