April 2016 UGA Recruiting Thread #93KDay

ECDawg78

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some clarification on a comment I made in the March thread about DRob... I was under the impression that freshmen had to report in June since that's when the vast majority do, but apparently he can take his decision all the way up to fall enrollment and is not bound until he actually shows up for class. So he technically has until August.

He is expected to make an announcement before HS graduation at Savannah Christian, though. Could be soon. I don't really know. Just wanted to correct my earlier post.

3 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Beal has another Athens visit this weekend. 

Reeeally starting to look like we'll keep this one in state. 

New coaching staff is killing it.

we will see.. we will know after his visit this week.  he is visiting fsu and tennessee and then uga.  

Not sure how accurate just yet, but word is that DRob has eliminated Bama. Now said to be considering UGA, GT, Notre Dame, and Stanford. There's a strong connection for his mom to GT, but I believe she was sold on UGA being good for him academically on their visit.

If this info is accurate, it seems pretty clear he will be a Dawg.

9 minutes ago, Carter said:

Not sure how accurate just yet, but word is that DRob has eliminated Bama. Now said to be considering UGA, GT, Notre Dame, and Stanford. There's a strong connection for his mom to GT, but I believe she was sold on UGA being good for him academically on their visit.

The season gonna start before he even picks a school. Lol.

34 minutes ago, Carter said:

They are also saying that a return trip to Notre Dame is probably not going to happen either. Another positive.

also his request to have his scores rushed back got denied.

Edited by Nick Flair

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

When will we know about the two others left in this class rb herrier and the dl kid. Those r just as big as drob imo. 

The problem with those two, is that they're both seemingly stuck in transcript ****, trying to either get their grades up, and/or get their transcript to correctly say that they already have. There's really no predicting when they might get it all sorted out.

Carlos told Rivals that they may have a definite date as early as tomorrow for the announcement - and it is likely to be in the next 10 days. He said Bama has been cut and since the test scores won't be expedited they are moving on from Stanford as well. Notre Dame isn't getting another visit because they've seen everything they need to.

Looks like through all the mess of them trying to get to UGA, getting the last visit turned out huge for us.

So much excitement building! Whether that translates to success soon or not idk but I'm already pumped and it's just stinkin April! Aaaggghhhhh....

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

notre dame is not going to happen..  carlos has never visited them.  stanford and alabama are out.  gt is just mentioned due to his mom, but he isn't going there.  

Was thinking the same. With Bama cut, it's all Dawgs now. Always said that I didn't see Stanford or Notre Dame being legit in the race... and GT is just a courtesy/respect thing. DRob has so many connections to UGA, I'd be shocked if he's anything but.