Joe Dahl, G

We all want a better defense.  Few would argue that point.  However, it needs to be pointed out that we LOST many games the past two seasons because we were unable to gain short yardage to convert third downs.  We lost many games because of our interior OL.  

The FO took care of one of three interior OL positions in free agency.  Good move, but not yet there.  

Why do I bring this up?  Because I believe that we need to draft a starter at OG.  I suggest McGovern, I think he fits into our scheme very well and could step into a starting role this year.  To draft him, we will need to use our third round pick.......and I think it would be smart to do so.  

21 minutes ago, etherdome said:

We all want a better defense.  Few would argue that point.  However, it needs to be pointed out that we LOST many games the past two seasons because we were unable to gain short yardage to convert third downs.  We lost many games because of our interior OL.  

The FO took care of one of three interior OL positions in free agency.  Good move, but not yet there.  

Why do I bring this up?  Because I believe that we need to draft a starter at OG.  I suggest McGovern, I think he fits into our scheme very well and could step into a starting role this year.  To draft him, we will need to use our third round pick.......and I think it would be smart to do so.  

Excellent point! I'm a huge fan of defense, played some as well...but I wouldn't put it past the Falcons if at #17 we go OG or maybe in the 2nd rd as well.

25 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I think its pretty much a sure thing that we are getting a guard in this draft. We got Mack now finish the job and get a Guard/Center to groom and have depth we want. 

3 hours ago, GTBF54 said:

I like Dalh in the 7th round as well as Joe Thuney..... Thuney is a flex player OG/C which would be a plus as a center back-up....

Don't think Dahl makes it past the 5th, he would be a 4th round pick if we took him IMO.

13 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I like McGovern and I think we can get him in the third round.

I like McGovern too....also, Vadal Alexander and Josh Garnett. Definitely we shut pull the trigger on one of these guys within our first 3 picks.