If we draft Darron Lee, who is going to play MLB?

HaRdH3ad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no MLB worth a 1st round pick in this years draft, in my mind. Worrilow will likely start at MLB for the beginning of the season even if we did take a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round to take his place. I just don't see us starting two rookie linebackers day 1.

2 minutes ago, Romfal said:

There is no MLB worth a 1st round pick in this years draft, in my mind. Worrilow will likely start at MLB for the beginning of the season even if we did take a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round to take his place. I just don't see us starting two rookie linebackers day 1.

I don't know maybe whatever SS/LB hybrid we draft will play LB on passing downs

8 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

The thought of that scares me so bad, let me ask you this though if we draft him. Who plays LB on nickle? Lee & who else? 

Spoon or wheeler is my guess. Think we,d  give up something in run defense though teams could just spread us out and run it with those linebackers . Would be putting a lot of pressure on the d line

15 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

I don't know maybe whatever SS/LB hybrid we draft will play LB on passing downs

yes, that is likely the WLB spot where we have Spoon slotted to start right now, or are people more confortable with "havent played in 3 years" Spoon than Worrilow.

11 minutes ago, Romfal said:

Doesnt really matter if you think its worth this pick or that pick because the value that they would bring to this team is immeasurable. We have a huge hole in the middle.any guy there at 17 would make a difference to this team that will be immediate and sustainable. Getting a rotational Dt or rotational De worth the value of the pick doesnt help this team as much as a guy who lock down that middle....worrilow is horrible in every aspect.  Lets get this team balanced....lets get better at every position....not just doubling and tripling up on a single position. I know my line of thinking isnt popular, but i look at the games and see the same problem game after game.....getting sacks is a priority no doubt, but over defensive improvement is absolutely key to the over success of the team....but thats just my opinion.

9 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I think as it stands right now...Wheeler should be MLB. I believe he has the better speed of him and spoon

I agree, I would let Wheeler compete to start at MLB. I don't think there's a great option in this draft for MLB and Worrilow shouldn't start. So there are only so many options.

4 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

Doesnt really matter if you think its worth this pick or that pick because the value that they would bring to this team is immeasurable. We have a huge hole in the middle.any guy there at 17 would make a difference to this team that will be immediate and sustainable. Getting a rotational Dt or rotational De worth the value of the pick doesnt help this team as much as a guy who lock down that middle....worrilow is horrible in every aspect.  Lets get this team balanced....lets get better at every position....not just doubling and tripling up on a single position. I know my line of thinking isnt popular, but i look at the games and see the same problem game after game.....getting sacks is a priority no doubt, but over defensive improvement is absolutely key to the over success of the team....but thats just my opinion.

I've said the same thing multiple times, but for w/e reason people feel like wLb is more of a whole than the middle and I don't get that unless they would consider playing Lee at MLB. He actually is a inch taller than Wagner just not as thick.

What crazy is I don't think a lot of people realize Seattle has a 6'4... 4.75 40 KJ wright playing WLB which goes against anything being talking about on this board.

In this draft that would be like making Lee play MLB and Joshua Perry play WLB

5 hours ago, HaRdH3ad said:

I strongly believe Paul warrilow is trash for this defense, who plays MLB or who do we draft to play MLB? 

watch that video & tell me warrilow is trash omg MLB needs to be upgraded 

There's some bad football in this vid, no doubt... missing AP on the hole, getting shook on a checkdown -- no good.  But some of the stuff Worrilow was criticized for wasn't on him.  First play he should have read sweep and taken a deep pursuit angle, but Durant was horrible out there on the edge the way he got turned.

Another play where he and Moore got taken out together, you just gotta hand it to the offense on that one.  It was great design against the wrong alignment and the wrong package by the defense.  The pass rushing line was out there and Schofield was just... ugh.

6:20 he took a shot at Worrilow for actually properly playing his gap.  He did what he was supposed to do on that play.  

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

There's some bad football in this vid, no doubt... missing AP on the hole, getting shook on a checkdown -- no good.  But some of the stuff Worrilow was criticized for wasn't on him.  First play he should have read sweep and taken a deep pursuit angle, but Durant was horrible out there on the edge the way he got turned.

Another play where he and Moore got taken out together, you just gotta hand it to the offense on that one.  It was great design against the wrong alignment and the wrong package by the defense.  The pass rushing line was out there and Schofield was just... ugh.

6:20 he took a shot at Worrilow for actually properly playing his gap.  He did what he was supposed to do on that play.  

Question...do you think worrilow is good? 

I thibk MLB needs to be upgraded more than WLB. He is the signal caller, the center of our defense. He is everything.