Losing Roddy White Took A Lot Out Of Me

I've been a Falcon fan with 1980 being the earliest I can remember.  I was 8 years old then.  I've been with this team through it all.  For some reason, and maybe it's because I'm getting older, losing Roddy took a lot out of me as a fan.  In a way it's almost like I'm just not interested anymore.  I'm not even interested enough to finish this thread that I thought would be long and drawn out.  Roddy was probably my favorite player and maybe I'm just not into the team anymore. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        not                                              :lol:                                                                                 

16 minutes ago, Keith 3:16 said:

Move on..

If he shut his mouth and didn't "proclaim" he would not take a pay cut or restructure...well F' him.

Lose sleep because kids don't eat because they are poor not because the whiny a$$ millionaire is unemployed.

Plus he sucked for the past 2 season. 

you still have him beat.

1 hour ago, BirdWeisErrr_2 said:

I've been a Falcon fan with 1980 being the earliest I can remember.  I was 8 years old then.  I've been with this team through it all.  For some reason, and maybe it's because I'm getting older, losing Roddy took a lot out of me as a fan.  In a way it's almost like I'm just not interested anymore.  I'm not even interested enough to finish this thread that I thought would be long and drawn out.  Roddy was probably my favorite player and maybe I'm just not into the team anymore. 

I've been a fan a little longer than you, and I too really liked Roddy. However, I've seen so many other good players I liked come and go, so I am desensitized to it. Players I missed would be Humphrey, Bartkowski, Joel Williams, Dieon, Chris Miller,  Jamal Anderson, Crumpler and the list goes on. It's just another chapter in sucky Falcon football history. They can't play here forever unless it is Mike Kenn...He played here forever.

1 hour ago, falconfansince66 said:

I hate seeing Roddy go, just like I hated seeing Nobis, Humphrey, Andrews, "White Shoes", Bartkowski, Anderson, Tuggle, Kerney, Abe, and so many more after them...  It sucks getting old (like me) and still not have a dammed TROPHY either!  

This is my story. Been a fan since all those guys were playing.

23 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

I've been a fan a little longer than you, and I too really liked Roddy. However, I've seen so many other good players I liked come and go, so I am desensitized to it. Players I missed would be Humphrey, Bartkowski, Joel Williams, Dieon, Chris Miller,  Jamal Anderson, Crumpler and the list goes on. It's just another chapter in sucky Falcon football history. They can't play here forever unless it is Mike Kenn...He played here forever.

Kenn was one of my favorite players. Then he became one of my supervisors when he became a Commissioner of Fulton County. I really enjoyed watching him play and working with him at Fulton County.

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

Kenn was one of my favorite players. Then he became one of my supervisors when he became a Commissioner of Fulton County. I really enjoyed watching him play and working with him at Fulton County.

I loved Kenn as well.  To all of you who remember him playing with a cast on his arm!  That thing was HUGE!  He kind of looked like one of those "Rock 'em Sock 'em" robots with that thing on!  Dude was always a BEAST!

1 minute ago, falconfansince66 said:

I loved Kenn as well.  To all of you who remember him playing with a cast on his arm!  That thing was HUGE!  He kind of looked like one of those "Rock 'em Sock 'em" robots with that thing on!  Dude was always a BEAST!

LOL!!!! Yeah, I remember that. I loved that "dog" attitude he had.