Leonard Floyd

msjacob25

He seems like he could be BPA at our pick.  He does exactly what we need, he can rush the passer and also can cover.  I wish we could trade down a couple spots and pick up some more picks and still get Floyd, but not sure if that is possible.  Seems like people are worried about size/tackling ability, but I think we would need him to do other things at first and Quinn can coach him up on the other stuff

1 minute ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I dont think he or Lee are going to make it to us.

Floyd has a decently high possibility to make it to us.  Lee is much lower...  I personally like Floyd better but either would be a great addition.  We need speed at the LB position in a bad way...

Yes my dream draft involves him....

OK so this will be a dream ideal situation that could tremendously help outo and boost the team we all truly love and care so much for in to deep playoff and even SB conversations. I know you will all have different options but welcome all fellow Risers☝ to comment. ENJOY!!!!

So basically I'm not going to give you guys a long read (Actually maybe A Lil ). I'm going to get right to the point.

With 5 picks in the draft, 4 being in 1st 4 rounds, I say we gamble back picks and some of next year's picks for 4 bonified picks in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft.

Sounds crazy? It is! But when we pull it off our team will be set. So here's how it goes.

17th pick- Leonard Floyd-Olb.....get the "passrussher" we need.

**TRADE** 26TH pick- Jaylon smith-lb...yes bubble dip..he also sure fire top 5 talent and we get future stud lb core....give seahawks 3rd and 6th this year and 5th or 4th next....

**Trade** 38th pick- Robert Nkemdiche-DT...now get another Atl native and a heck of a player who will stuff the inside and drop down the lead leading 20 rushing tds we gave up...we give Jacksonville 3rd this year and 2nd or 3rd next (which ever works).

50th pick- Su'a Cravens or Keanu Neal-SS...with last pick in our draft now we get our stud SS for years to come you guys can flip on who you would rather have if both is there.

So in the end it may sound crazy but very possible and in my trade we still keep next year's 1st and 2nd round picks, which we all know is the money picks. And yes I went all defense. We sorely need it.

Defensive Starter

DE-VIC BEASLEY 

DT-ROBERT NKEMDICHE 

DT-DERRICK SHELBY

DE-ADRIAN CLAYBORN

OLB-LEONARD FLOYD

ILB-SEAN WEATHERSPOON 

OLB-COURTNEY UPSHAW

CB-DESMOND TRUUUUFANT

CB-ROBERT ALFORD/JALEN COLLINS

SS-SU'A CRAVENS OR KEANU NEAL

FS-RICARDO ALLEN

Would be a scary defense for years in the new stadium. But just a thought of mines. Hey a Falcon Fan can dream right . Hope you all enjoy the read and comment comment comment. 

RISE UP!!! 

Yea understand but Floyd is a overall better player Now and In future. Plus he is a atlanta native and we heard DQ and TD say they want more Georgia players. What better way to sell seats in new stadium than with a winning team with real Georgia players playing.

3 minutes ago, KCartledge85 said:

UGA bias all over this kid.

Not interested in a players that doesnt have an steady position in round 1.

Nothing he did at UGA showed high production or an above average ability to cover.

Not really a UGA bias here. I am a Atlanta Falcons Fan yes. But my college team is Oklahoma Sooners. Stay in Texas. I just know great talent when I see it. As Georgia fans love their players in college but hate them in draft thinking they are bust only to see them become major forces in the NFL. Georgia has talent and atlanta needs to know how to sometimes use that talent for football wins and for profit.

We have never hit the SEC hard. We have the Big 10 just search the roster. Most of the great talent that goes to UGA or some good at GT we don't even scout hard. I feel this will change. In reality it doesn't matter to me where you are from it matters if you can play! But it is an obvious omission.. TD was asked about it on National media. 

2 hours ago, KCartledge85 said:

Nothing he did at UGA showed high production or an above average ability to cover.

Welcome to TATF the guy is a situational player at best right now and you don't spend a first rounder on that . 

2 hours ago, DreadedB said:

Not really a UGA bias here. I am a Atlanta Falcons Fan yes. But my college team is Oklahoma Sooners. Stay in Texas. I just know great talent when I see it. As Georgia fans love their players in college but hate them in draft thinking they are bust only to see them become major forces in the NFL. Georgia has talent and atlanta needs to know how to sometimes use that talent for football wins and for profit.

Jordan Jenkins is the talent 

36 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

We have never hit the SEC hard. We have the Big 10 just search the roster. Most of the great talent that goes to UGA or some good at GT we don't even scout hard. I feel this will change. In reality it doesn't matter to me where you are from it matters if you can play! But it is an obvious omission.. TD was asked about it on National media. 

Just wondering who do you suggest we get? 

16 hours ago, KCartledge85 said:

To be fair, under Mark Richt, his players for some reason have been under developed. The top tier players in uga somehow end up having better nfl careers. 

Personally I would love to try him at mlb. He would be unreal there. Is he even athletic enough to play wlb? 

5 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

To be fair, under Mark Richt, his players for some reason have been under developed. The top tier players in uga somehow end up having better nfl careers. 

Personally I would love to try him at mlb. He would be unreal there. Is he even athletic enough to play wlb? 

16 hours ago, DreadedB said:

You guys are wasting your time with those two. They are just haters, straight up. Anyone who questions what Floyd has done on the field is a Certified Buffoon.

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

You guys are wasting your time with those two. They are just haters, straight up. Anyone who questions what Floyd has done on the field is a Certified Buffoon.

I just want us to be ahead of the trend for once. Floyd probably would be the fastest mlb in the league with tremendous coverage ability if Dan should feature him there or be the biggest weak side line baker in the league that could recognize both positions if Dan feels he is athletic enough in this scheme to play him there.

What do you guys think?

19 hours ago, KCartledge85 said:

He does have a steady position as an outside linebacker. Doesn't mean you can draft him and take advantage of his athleticism in different positions like UGA did with having him play some inside linebacker. He'd be rushing the passer with Vic more times than not during obvious passing situations.

Don't forget how big and tall Cam and Jamis are. Floyd is 6:6. Lee is kinda like a SS. But we can get that in Neal or Kennebrew and still have Floyd. I get it some of you are anti SEC which has probably been the strongest conference In college FB the last 8 years with the exception of one. There is a reason Jim Haubaugh is staking out Florida. Some of you are anti DAWGS fans but trust me they have some talent.