Dirty Bird Mock Draft [Building the Defense]

Round 1: Leonard Floyd OLB 6'6" 245 lbs.

• We all know by know the phrase "fast and physical" that has been repeated over and over again.  Its also clear that this pick could likely come down to Darron Lee or Leonard Floyd.  I am not in love with either prospect.  Both guys have speed, but they can really be blown off the ball by blockers.  Lee is explosive in the open field, but I just have questions whether or not he can withstand the physicality of being in the box.  Now, my ideal situation is to trade back and select one of these two (or maybe Cravens) and get the extra draft pick.  I have us selecting Floyd here (I have a feeling Lee will be gone by when we select too).  He brings a good motor, athletic ability, and versatility to our defense.  I encourage all of you to watch these two videos and judge for yourself.  Lee looks bad, and Floyd was avoided but he did show some good awareness at 5:20.

Round 2: Su'a Cravens SS 6'1" 226 lbs.

• Like I said above, I would be totally ok with trading back and selecting Cravens earlier.  Cravens is another athletic, versatile defender.  He plays with his hair on fire.  He has the instincts to sniff out where to go and the speed to get there in a hurry.  Cravens is a very smart player who does a great job with reading the offense and attacking the ball, but his aggressive style can sometimes cause him to miss a play.  

Round 3: Javon Hargrave DT 6'1" 309 lbs.

• I really love this guy.  I know there will be people who will immediately discredit him because he played FCS.  However, you look at the film and he reminds you of Aaron Donald and Grady Jarret.  He has outstanding burst and get off to beat OL right off the snap.  Uses his hands well and his explosion off the snap along with his strength, gives him a good bull rush.  He is going to be a steal for someone and I hope it is us.

Round 4: Ronald Blair DE 6'2" 284 lbs.

• Another small school DL prospect that could be a steal for us here.  Incredibly long arms and has a relentless motor to chase down plays and finish plays.  Very good physical tools that I think Quinn and Co. could mold into a valuable piece for our defense.  

Round 7: Antwione Williams OLB 6'3" 247 lbs.

• Very physical LB who hits with some power.  He might could play MLB and be the enfrocer we are missing.

If Hargrave is there in the third it should be an easy call. There are only a few guys I would take over him at that point of the draft. 

I never see Scooby Wright really mentioned around here much.  I still think he should be on the radar in the mid round if available. 

Edited by Atlfanstckndenver

Get TE J. ROME in UFDA. From this senior class he was the #1 H.S. TE in the country. He is 6:6, 250 and can jump out the gym! Played basketball too at UGA as a freshman which made him miss Spring practice against Mark Richt's wishes. Played B BALL too his Soph year then gave B ball up at Coaches request hurt Jr year. Trust me remember the name, he will be a steal. Dad played with the Chiefs.