Report: Kroy Biermann visiting Bills

birdz4i

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 29, 2016, 12:21 AM EDT
Kroy BiermannGetty Images

The Buffalo Bills have been pretty quiet during free agency mainly because they don’t have all that much salary cap space to work with. But the Bills are continuing to look for values on the market that they could fit into their plans.

According to Conor Orr of NFL.com, the Bills hosted former Atlanta Falcons defensive end Kroy Biermann for a visit on Monday.

Biermann became an unrestricted free agent earlier this month after spending all eight seasons of his career with the Falcons. Biermann played in 114 games for Atlanta with 37 starts over the last eight years. However, only two seasons – 2010 and 2014 – were spent with Biermann as a primary starter. He’s recorded 331 tackles with 23.5 sacks, two interceptions (both returned for touchdowns) and three forced fumbles.

While Biermann has primarily been a defensive end in a 4-3 scheme, he did play outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense under defensive coordinator Mike Nolan in 2014. He would project as an outside linebacker in Rex Ryan’s 3-4 defense as well

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/29/report-kroy-biermann-visiting-bills/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

1 minute ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Great for him. He played well this past season. 

Agreed.  Kroy was a TAFT whipping boy and I can't say I was a fan of anything but his motor but he made some really good plays for us but from time to time.  It was time for him to find another team to help him support Kim and all those kids.

Never understood the hate

A 5th round pick that never cost us much and lasted through several DC changes and always did what he was asked to do without demanding more money. Yet here on TATF he is hated.

We would be lucky to get that type of value from even 25% of our 5th RD picks.

His wife and reality show never caused off field problems and nothing was ever said and done during that which was disrespectful to the team or coaches. Unlike Miko, Koy's family life never caused a problem.

Edited by MAD597

6 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

A 5th round pick that never cost us much and lasted through several DC changes and always did what he was asked to do without demanding more money. Yet here on TATF he is hated.

His wife and reality show never caused off field problems and nothing was ever said and done during that which was disrespectful to the team or coaches. Unlike Miko, Koy's family life never caused a problem.

We choose to do what we do for the same reason you choose to do what you do. If you don't know what that reason is it isn't for you to understand. 

A guy who played too much under Smith and the solution was people didn't want him played at all. Quinn found a solid midground with him being used against the run, which he is excellent at. Would have been happy with him back on a cheap deal. 

Hope he finds work. He was good last year for us and can still play in the league. 

Most of the hate on here comes from the way he was used under Smith/Nolan. He is a depth/rotational piece. However, they made him seemingly the centerpiece of the defense. Had him playing numerous roles and relying on him to be a pass rusher.

43 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I never hated Biermann, but I did hate that he was always what the coaches thought was the good enough option. I hated that the coaches thought "we can get by with this guy" instead of actually signing an upgrade at a position where you really need a consistent playmaker. I also hated how he whiffed so many times when he got around the QB, or how he easily got pushed out of plays. He played as well as he could for the Falcons, and probably could have done more if the FO had picked a better supporting cast that would have allowed him to make more plays. He got 8 years here, so that's a good accomplishment for a guy his ability.

54 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Its mainly the fact that he married the biggest money hungry ho bag in the atl and turned into a reality tv *****..

2 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Its mainly the fact that he married the biggest money hungry ho bag in the atl and turned into a reality tv *****..

Huh? She makes more money than he does and none of her TV stuff ever effected the team. This is not a Miko issue in the least. 

9 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

I never hated Biermann, but I did hate that he was always what the coaches thought was the good enough option. I hated that the coaches thought "we can get by with this guy" instead of actually signing an upgrade at a position where you really need a consistent playmaker. I also hated how he whiffed so many times when he got around the QB, or how he easily got pushed out of plays. He played as well as he could for the Falcons, and probably could have done more if the FO had picked a better supporting cast that would have allowed him to make more plays. He got 8 years here, so that's a good accomplishment for a guy his ability.

Blame the coaches not Koy, he always did what he was asked to do and never demanded more money.

26 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I can't believe people on here know enough about his wife to have an opinion on her, much less hate her.

Are you a fan of the show?  Did she say something mean to your favorite character?

51 minutes ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

For me it was surprising how much hee improved in the run game.  Everybody always talked about him being so good in the run game before last season,  but i always disagreed.  This past season however, he held his ground and set the edge. That play against Eli was crucial to that win.

He was always good at setting the edge...it was losing contain on the backside that was his biggest weakness in the run game

1 minute ago, YoungHeezy said:

He was always good at setting the edge...it was losing contain on the backside that was his biggest weakness in the run game

My biggest complaint with Kroy before last year was how easily he was moved back and washed out of plays.  I'm  not saying I can't be wrong here,  it's just that i felt like it was always happening prior to last year.  I think his biggest improvement last year came in his ability to actually shed a **** block. Suddenly he was actually pretty good at it. 

I hopes he makes it. The guy was hated and just toasted with us for some strange reason. He was a good role player who could play several positions. It was sinful what some about this man and his family. He never responded negatively. Okay he was not a superstar and had some faults  BUT there are plenty of Falcons who aren't either. Many don't like his choice of wife, never understood the level of cruelty, you don't have to sleep with her. That is HIS WIFE and mother of his kids. That is his choice not yours maybe he doesn't like yours. I just think we've been brutal on KB and should have used a little more class. Good luck to him. Whipping boy will be gone.

6 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

I hopes he makes it. The guy was hated and just toasted with us for some strange reason. He was a good role player who could play several positions. It was sinful what some about this man and his family. He never responded negatively. Okay he was not a superstar and had some faults  BUT there are plenty of Falcons who aren't either. Many don't like his choice of wife, never understood the level of cruelty, you don't have to sleep with her. That is HIS WIFE and mother of his kids. That is his choice not yours maybe he doesn't like yours. I just think we've been brutal on KB and should have used a little more class. Good luck to him. Whipping boy will be gone.

He was also a 5th round draft pick, the fact he contributed even slightly to this team for so long is great value on this pick.

3 hours ago, PK Manley said:

I can't believe people on here know enough about his wife to have an opinion on her, much less hate her.

Are you a fan of the show?  Did she say something mean to your favorite character?

O im sorry did i hurt your feelings by saying something bad about your favorite character on the show? Really? Anyone that knows anything about her past which has been discussed on this board before knows she is money hungry and was when the got together. Did i say she was miko? No i didnt, didnt even refrence that woman. Ya'll have your opinions on everyone and every thing on this board so im entitled to mine dont whine just bc i dont care for her as a person. There are much worse things in this world 

10 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

O im sorry did i hurt your feelings by saying something bad about your favorite character on the show? Really? Anyone that knows anything about her past which has been discussed on this board before knows she is money hungry and was when the got together. Did i say she was miko? No i didnt, didnt even refrence that woman. Ya'll have your opinions on everyone and every thing on this board so im entitled to mine dont whine just bc i dont care for her as a person. There are much worse things in this world 

Lol, does it look like my feelings were hurt?  Like I implied, I couldn't care less about what she does, but you seem very passionate on the subject.

I just find it funny to watch (presumably) grown men gossip about one of the Housewives.