Chuck Smith on Dan Quinn's approach to free agency

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It's too bad some posters on here don't appreciate that either. Instead they get angry that he won't force players they want onto the team.

You are so right, everyone wants the big fish no matter weather we have the money for it or if they are even a fit.

3 minutes ago, clownorg said:

Only thing Quinn has done to date I'm not sold on is Hiring Shanny.

Hopefully he will prove me wrong, I'd rather be happy than bitchin

I am right there with you.. I still think this hire is going to come back to haunt him but I am HOPING I am wrong as well!

We picked up a **** load of players this off season. It's a new team. Last year, I thought it would be the same old thing because it was basically same players.

This year, I have no idea what to expect. This defense is going to get after it though. I've always been optimistic about the defense. Like, oh yeah, we're only going to give up 21 points a game this year!!! SUPERBOWL!!! Now, I can't wait to see the *** kicking we bout to give out.

What "trends in free agency"?

It looks to me like we've done a bit of everything. We spent big $ on a top name FA, spend significant money on Sanu, and have spent the rest of free agency finding defensive bargains.

I like what we've done, but don't see what "trend" we've opted not to follow.

1 hour ago, ukfalc said:

What "trends in free agency"?

It looks to me like we've done a bit of everything. We spent big $ on a top name FA, spend significant money on Sanu, and have spent the rest of free agency finding defensive bargains.

I like what we've done, but don't see what "trend" we've opted not to follow.

Throwing a mountain of cash at Vernon or Trevathan i gues

Don't we typically have someone put a positive spin on all our offseason moves every year?

Do they typically pay off?

I know a lot of us love Chuck Smith.  I value his opinion, but at this stage hearing people sell me on the moves we make in the offseason just like they tried to sell me on Brooks Reed, Justin Durant, etc. last year and Tyson Jackson & Paul Soliai the year before...

I'm over it.