Did we even reach out to Reggie Nelson?

D. Orlando Ledbetter @DOrlandoAJC 21h21 hours ago Smyrna, GA

D. Orlando Ledbetter Retweeted King Joshua

They believe they can get a veteran safety late (before camp) if they don't like what they have. https://twitter.com/kingjoshua32/status/714200593187934208 

D. Orlando Ledbetter added,

King Joshua @KingJoshua32
@DOrlandoAJC any idea if @AtlantaFalcons are still interested in S Reggie Nelson? Or will we look to address the position in the draft?

0 retweets 1 like

According to Dled, they are inclined to wait until after the draft as they think a veteran safety will be available.

Reggie is a baller and could definitely help us!!!!! BUT you know how we are. We will pull out what is wrong with a guy and use that to not pull the trigger.  To some no player is good enough. Then about mid season some NFL Media types are saying we don't have enough talent smh. It is a given some players will get injured, some rookies might not pan out.Why not make yourself a strong 2 deep on both sides of the ball?

Safety isn't the huge, glaring need that so many on this board think it is.  We lost a solid starter last year, again, and actually got better.  Addition by subtraction revealed what should be obvious to anyone who knows football, safeties aren't as important when you have world class corners.

Not sure why more people aren't high on ish. He's everything that Moore was (big playmaker, ballhawk, hitter...takes bad angles at times, fails to wrap up) but he's a lot younger. I actually think he'll get better with time. He's only started 15 games and has racked up 5 ints for 120 yds, a touchdown, 9 deflections and a FF. 

Let him and Allen grow together like Moore and decoud did. Not every low draft pick/undrafted comes in and gets it from day one. Look at Grimes.

I'm more worried about corner than anything on this defense right now. We've brought in a ton of LBs (some talented but injury prone).

Draft a young pass rusher, corner, lb and safety to grow and compete and I think this defense will be very much improved.

39 minutes ago, bossFALCON™ said:

Not sure why more people aren't high on ish. He's everything that Moore was (big playmaker, ballhawk, hitter...takes bad angles at times, fails to wrap up) but he's a lot younger. I actually think he'll get better with time. He's only started 15 games and has racked up 5 ints for 120 yds, a touchdown, 9 deflections and a FF. 

Let him and Allen grow together like Moore and decoud did. Not every low draft pick/undrafted comes in and gets it from day one. Look at Grimes.

I'm more worried about corner than anything on this defense right now. We've brought in a ton of LBs (some talented but injury prone).

Draft a young pass rusher, corner, lb and safety to grow and compete and I think this defense will be very much improved.

I'm definitely still more worried about linebacker than corner. But you might be able to convince me, maybe, that corner is a bigger concern the safety