Good Thing We Don't Have William Moore Anymore

Dam guys.  It's actually very easy to lower your head when you're about to tackle a dude.  Especially if that's the way you've been playing forever.  Oftentimes though, you're doing your best to strike with your head and shoulders and you don't really think about it.  You just want to deliver a helluva shot and it becomes a spear.  It takes a lot of discipline to keep that head up at the time of impact man.

8 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Dam guys.  It's actually very easy to lower your head when you're about to tackle a dude.  Especially if that's the way you've been playing forever.  Oftentimes though, you're doing your best to strike with your head and shoulders and you don't really think about it.  You just want to deliver a helluva shot and it becomes a spear.  It takes a lot of discipline to keep that head up at the time of impact man.

But that's the thing, no one should be playing like that. Nobody should ever be taught to hit like that.

I'm not sure he is above average, I think our fans have overrated him. A single Pro Bowl alternate and we act like he is actually an elite player. He was self admittedly terrible in coverage (see: Comments after the Saints Ben Watson debacle). Quinn said he needed to improve his tackling BEFORE the season. That is what a third party league observers thought of him and this season was even worse!

I thought this was already a point of emphasis?

And I don't have a problem at all with that Willy Mo hit being taken out of the game, but this game is played so fast.  It's easy to see something like that in slow motion.  Refs seems to get flag happy whenever someone gets hit too hard.

Example:

kamhit.gif?w=375&h=257

This play got flagged, even though it was later ruled a legal hit with the shoulder.  I would hate to see this taken out of the game.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But that's the thing, no one should be playing like that. Nobody should ever be taught to hit like that.

Problem is that some of them were. Or they just developed the habit and it wasn't corrected. The NFL has made a ton of money publishing hits like that. So on 1 hand they encouraged violent now illegal hits and now they are trying to re-train these guys and crack down on those hits

11 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

And I don't have a problem at all with that Willy Mo hit being taken out of the game, but this game is played so fast.  It's easy to see something like that in slow motion.  Refs seems to get flag happy whenever someone gets hit too hard.

Example:

kamhit.gif?w=375&h=257

This play got flagged, even though it was later ruled a legal hit with the shoulder.  I would hate to see this taken out of the game.

Bingo. A perfectly legal hit. A car wreck. I love it. Very Scott Case like.

That's how I used to try to hit on every tackle.

Put this one in the archives cause you won't see many more after Goody gets done.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Put this one in the archives cause you won't see many more after Goody gets done.

Poor Vernon Davis. He had about a millisecond of time to go oooooohhh f....ckkk before he got slammed into. That's part of the reason we watch the game right there.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Lol oh yea?  You use to try to hit like that?  Ok bro...haha

11 hours ago, blackredfellow said:

Pretty crazy. He's an above average player when healthy. Teams must think he's just done body wise. Haven't heard anyone even bring him in for a physical 

See that's what we thought as fans because he was an average player when healthy but on a defense full of scrubs so he shined a bit. Roddy White (in current time) is the same thing. What's funny is that at this point of FA we sign a dude and everyone is shouting that we shouldn't have signed that scrub, he's no good. He came off a teams scrap heap. Roddy or Willymo would be no different if we signed them from someone elses team yet a ton of people here wanted to keep Roddy around. Not saying he won't get signed, but clearly teams were more interested in Mohammed Sanu and Chris Hogan than Roddy White.

15 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Example:

kamhit.gif?w=375&h=257

You take vicious hits out of the game, people won't watch it. Why pay $$$ to see people gently lower ball carriers to the ground? The players know it's a dangerous game. We watch because it is violent. 

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And you were a **** good player too. I respect you for that work ethic.