Black Sails

biloxifalcon

Has anyone been even watching this? Man , the season finale was tonight and took it to a whole 'nother level! If you haven't watched it you're missing a **** good one! It's a story about Captain Flint and his pirates, twenty years prior to Robert Louis Stevenson's classic "Treasure Island". It's won 2 Emmys for those that care about that type of stuff. But I got hooked the minute she:

jessica-parker-kennedy-starz-black-sails

Jessica Parker Kennedy showed up on the screen. Now she's not the ONLY reason I watch it :lol:, did I mention it's a good show? I now some of you are uber TV and film critics but that's not my bailiwick, try it out for yourself. There are 28 episodes over the past 3 seasons, the last season has been the best so far.They have gotten progressively better each season, which means season 4 can't get here fast enough.

8 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I got almost entirely through the first season and dropped off for some reason...I think Game of Thrones or one of my other favorite shows started about that same time.

But yeah fantastic show and I'm definitely going to catch up with the series sometime soon.. Thanks for reminding me about it!

I was the same way, except I have no intention of going back.  The first season took me forever to get through.  No interest in revisiting.

I understand why some folks like it, but I just never could get interested, and my time is limited enough as it is.

9 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I got almost entirely through the first season and dropped off for some reason...I think Game of Thrones or one of my other favorite shows started about that same time.

But yeah fantastic show and I'm definitely going to catch up with the series sometime soon.. Thanks for reminding me about it!

Season 3 is really good man!

54 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I was the same way, except I have no intention of going back.  The first season took me forever to get through.  No interest in revisiting.

I understand why some folks like it, but I just never could get interested, and my time is limited enough as it is.

Understood, I feel the same way about Better call Saul, I tried to get through the 1st season, it just didn't move me. I might give it another shot later on though, which is exactly what happened with BB.

There is also a show called Billions on the showtime network that is very good. In it's 1st season but is winding down, it just showed the 10th episode last night. It stars Paul Giamatti as a Federal prosecutor going after Wall street inside traders. Well one in particular played by Damian Lewis (Homeland). Also stars Maggie Siff from SOA as Giamatti's wife.

Seriously, really good. Give it a look!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2016 at 10:16 AM, biloxifalcon said:

There is also a show called Billions on the showtime network that is very good. In it's 1st season but is winding down, it just showed the 10th episode last night. It stars Paul Giamatti as a Federal prosecutor going after Wall street inside traders. Well one in particular played by Damian Lewis (Homeland). Also stars Maggie Siff from SOA as Giamatti's wife.

Seriously, really good. Give it a look!

yep it's a great series.  ending should be pretty explosive.