Alex McCalister

etherdome

What is this guy's story?  Can anyone from the Gator nation shed some light on this prospect?

He is one of the most athletic edge rushers in this draft, yet he seems to have a history of injuries and poor behavior.  

I am not advocating for him.  I just want to know why this guy apparently ran off the the tracks.   

Edited by etherdome

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

What is this guy's story?  Can anyone from the Gator nation shed some light on this prospect?

He is one of the most athletic edge rushers in this draft, yet he seems to have bad luck with injuries and poor behavior.  I am not advocating for him.  I just want to know why this guy apparently ran off the the tracks.   

Bad luck with poor behavior?  Maybe he was surrounded by enablers like you :lol:

I don't think u intended to type it that way op lol...

2 hours ago, etherdome said:

Unspecified violations of team rules.  What did this guy do?  Did he talk to an agent?  Did he miss meetings?  Did he take drugs?  What is going on here?

Violation of team rules usually translates to multiple positive drug tests.

I wouldn't mind a late round flyer, because he is a very good athlete and a productive pass rusher, but he certainly is going to be a risk for future issues.

Edited by JRob215

Shoot i'd take the kid in the 4th.  Assuming his red flags aren't super serious. He plays violent. Uses his length better than Floyd does. Has unreal dip/bend around the edge. Dude is like a violent version of gumby out there. 

These florida defensive players are impressive. Like Florida State has been the past few years. They are some nasty dudes. Bullard, Morrison, Neal, McCalister all play with a lot of violence.

If we assume that his transgression was to talk to an agent, then he needs to rise up our draft board.  His level of athleticism is elite.  

If he is a serious young man, in search of a career, then Quinn can make a star out of him.  

Edited by etherdome