We just now signed Upshaw officially

10 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

We need that speedy LB in the first. Ish is more than capable to play SS. I'd go MLB or WLB at 17 if the right one is available. Like Floyd. I'd hold off on a SS because if the front seven is stout then the backend is good. Wspevially with Tru and alf cutting off the deep ball. The SS in our system is an enforcer anyway. Not a coverage guy. Ish can enforce. We're not in dire need to replace Moore. Our major need is LB. Worrilow is the one upgrade that I want now. A good upgrade in the middle makes the whole defense better. Pass rush and all. 

I dont need more than capable.  We need more playmakers on that back end, and with all of the LBs that we have on the team now, I dont think it's totally necessary that we take another in the first.  Not when you could grab a Jones, Feeney, or maybe take a flier on Jaylon Smith in the rounds to follow.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I dont need more than capable.  We need more playmakers on that back end, and with all of the LBs that we have on the team now, I dont think it's totally necessary that we take another in the first.  Not when you could grab a Jones, Feeney, or maybe take a flier on Jaylon Smith in the rounds to follow.

Forget about jaylon smith. He tore acl and mcl. It's likely his career is ruined.

1 minute ago, osiruz said:

The countdown to cutting Tyson Jackson begins. As a defensive guy, Quinn is by far has been my favorite falcons coach. He is serious about having a good defense, unlike smitty who was perfectly fine w/ whatever tennis team we put out there.

I dint think he gets cut tho. He makes the run D better if Upshaw is setting the edge at SLB. There's no running on that side what so ever. I doubt they cut T Jax tho season. That's 2 dirty work guys on the same side. They will force run plays back inside. That's 479 pounds in 2 SEC men on the strong side with violent hands. 

9 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I dint think he gets cut tho. He makes the run D better if Upshaw is setting the edge at SLB. There's no running on that side what so ever. I doubt they cut T Jax tho season. That's 2 dirty work guys on the same side. They will force run plays back inside. That's 479 pounds in 2 SEC men on the strong side with violent hands. 

I guarantee he will play alot of le. Too slow for slb, and thats where brooks reed is going to be. Between him and Shelby we've got lde covered. Tyson jackson is expendable now. 

18 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Ish can make plays and has made plays. He's had int's and those are game hanging plays. He actually should've been a pro bowl candidate his second year only starting 10 games. He lead the team in int's I believe. Or second on the team. 4 int's and 6 pdef. I'll take that from a SS any day.  What YOU want is a name. I want football players. Ish is a football player and he takes advantage of his opportunities when given. 

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I guarantee he will play alot of le. Too slow for slb, and thats where brooks reed is going to be. Between him and Shelby we'vw got lde covered. Tyson jackson is expendable now. 

He will start at SLB. He'll play some LE in certain packages and that's when Reed will come in at SLB. SLB'a don't have to be speedy. Just long and can get in the qb's line of sight. The MLB and WLB need to have speed in this system. The SLB is an edge setter mainly. Not a cover guy per se. 

45 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Worrilow, Wheeler, Reed, Upshaw...definitely still lacking speed.

At this rate I'd go Cravens in the 1st for my SS and then Deion Jones in the 2nd to add speed to the LBs.   

Spoon??? Hopefully. 

Spoon

Reed

Wor

Upshaw

Wheeler

Cravens/Ragland/Lee/Jones

would look better for sure. I don't think we go floyd in the first because Upshaw will play base SLB. if we draft floyd where does he go?

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Ish can make plays and has made plays. He's had int's and those are game hanging plays. He actually should've been a pro bowl candidate his second year only starting 10 games. He lead the team in int's I believe. Or second on the team. 4 int's and 6 pdef. I'll take that from a SS any day.  What YOU want is a name. I want football players. Ish is a football player and he takes advantage of his opportunities when given. 

What YOU want is a name, because the only two available linebackers that MIGHT be available at 17 is Darron Lee or Leonard Floyd.  Ishmael is good, but if I have a chance to upgrade two positions rather than 1 then I'm going to do that.  

You said you wanted a speedy linebacker.  Does Jones not fit that criteria?

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Ish is not a starter lol.

Big name due to playing at Alabama and Baltimore. Not sure his game lives up to his name. Also not sure he's all that much tougher than the average NFL defender. Again, a reputation that may be more about where he's played in the past than the actual player. 

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

What YOU want is a name, because the only two available linebackers that MIGHT be available at 17 is Darron Lee or Leonard Floyd.  Ishmael is good, but if I have a chance to upgrade two positions rather than 1 then I'm going to do that.  

You said you wanted a speedy linebacker.  Does Jones not fit that criteria?

No. They don't play SS. Ish does. I want a football player. You NEVER hear me saying get every name that's available. EVER!! You must have me confused with somebody else. The weak spot in this defense is LB. Safety isn't a pressing need for a starter when Ish can handle that job. Plus Godfrey is still here. I'm good at SS. That the middle of the defense straight and it's a top 5 defense just like that. With Ish or Godfrey starting at SS. 

8 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

Spoon??? Hopefully. 

Spoon

Reed

Wor

Upshaw

Wheeler

Cravens/Ragland/Lee/Jones

would look better for sure. I don't think we go floyd in the first because Upshaw will play base SLB. if we draft floyd where does he go?

You're right about Weatherspoon.  I forgot about him.  IF we were to draft Floyd he could provide us with speed in our pass rush.  Put him on the line with Beasley and watch him go.  We could find a place for him.

8 minutes ago, Halsey. said:

Big name due to playing at Alabama and Baltimore. Not sure his game lives up to his name. Also not sure he's all that much tougher than the average NFL defender. Again, a reputation that may be more about where he's played in the past than the actual player. 

Just give quinn time with him after what he did with kroy I would watch my words carefully 

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

No. They don't play SS. Ish does. I want a football player. You NEVER hear me saying get every name that's available. EVER!! You must have me confused with somebody else. The weak spot in this defense is LB. Safety isn't a pressing need for a starter when Ish can handle that job. Plus Godfrey is still here. I'm good at SS. That the middle of the defense straight and it's a top 5 defense just like that. With Ish or Godfrey starting at SS. 

Totally agree. TEs have been exploiting the weakness of our lb core for at least 5years.

22 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

He will start at SLB. He'll play some LE in certain packages and that's when Reed will come in at SLB. SLB'a don't have to be speedy. Just long and can get in the qb's line of sight. The MLB and WLB need to have speed in this system. The SLB is an edge setter mainly. Not a cover guy per se. 

Watch his games at Alabama and with the ravens. He's a lde. I wish I could post youtube clips. But that's his natural position. Would be redundant and a weakness to play an lde at two different positions. Don't be shocked if tyson is cut soon IJS.