Jump to content

Florida DL Jonathan Bullard to work out for Falcons


Recommended Posts

My favorite prospect in the drat ladies and gents. This dude is going to be a beast. He gets my seal of approval. I'm talking shi to everyone if we end up drafting him.

BUT, we already have a ton of interior pass rushers and he does not offer that much as a DE for us. I still think he can be an elite pass rusher inside so i would be all for it, but i understand those not wanting to spend our first pick on him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bullard scored very well in SPARQ testing.  That means that he is very athletic.  Can he take that athleticism and make it work at DE?  

The recent rash of LB signings makes me believe that we will go DE in the first round.  Maybe our FO figures that both Floyd and Lee will be gone by #17.  Maybe they will look at WLB in the second or third rounds.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Bullard scored very well in SPARQ testing.  That means that he is very athletic.  Can he take that athleticism and make it work at DE?  

The recent rash of LB signings makes me believe that we will go DE in the first round.  Maybe our FO figures that both Floyd and Lee will be gone by #17.  Maybe they will look at WLB in the second or third rounds.    

I would rather pick Deion Jones in the second than take Lee.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

My favorite prospect in the drat ladies and gents. This dude is going to be a beast. He gets my seal of approval. I'm talking shi to everyone if we end up drafting him.

BUT, we already have a ton of interior pass rushers and he does not offer that much as a DE for us. I still think he can be an elite pass rusher inside so i would be all for it, but i understand those not wanting to spend our first pick on him. 

No we don't (interior pass rusher). Babs is barely cutting the mustard and Hageman's purpose is bull rushing. We need an interior presence and am certain we will find one in the draft. I'm so happy this year's DT crop is so deep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

FLORIDA DL BULLARD GUSHES OVER COACH QUINN

Posted Feb 26, 2016

Kelsey Conway

AtlantaFalcons.com

Current draft prospect DE Jonathan Bullard played for Dan Quinn for a year at Florida and in an interview at the Combine, he paid several compliments to Atlanta’s head coach.

In between Dan Quinn’s stints in Seattle, he took his talents to the University of Florida where he was the defensive coordinator for two seasons in 2011 and 2012.

While coaching the Gators, Quinn worked closely with the defensive line, especially current draft prospect, DL Jonathan Bullard.

In an interview at the NFL Combine, Bullard paid several compliments to Quinn, saying he was a big reason for why he chose to attend Florida.

Bullard pointed to Quinn’s particular style of coaching as one of the main reasons he has such high respect for Atlanta’s head coach.

“He’s definitely going to get you better,” Bullard said of Quinn. “He’s going to hold you to a high standard and he’s going to do it the right way. He’s not a hollering coach. He just comes out and expects the best out of you. He definitely knows exactly what he’s talking about, so you can learn a lot right away.”

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/blog/article-1/Florida-DL-Bullard-Gushes-Over-Coach-Quinn/30b737fc-5f27-4676-9930-7e60c47033e4

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

My favorite prospect in the drat ladies and gents. This dude is going to be a beast. He gets my seal of approval. I'm talking shi to everyone if we end up drafting him.

BUT, we already have a ton of interior pass rushers and he does not offer that much as a DE for us. I still think he can be an elite pass rusher inside so i would be all for it, but i understand those not wanting to spend our first pick on him. 

Yeah I have been high on him for some time as well. I think he is a better prospect for us than either of the Clemson guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

Yeah I have been high on him for some time as well. I think he is a better prospect for us than either of the Clemson guys.

I'm not a big fan of Dodd to begin with, but as far as pass rushing from the DE spot, Lawson is definitely better and that may be a bigger need. I mean we do have Clayborn and Shelby who can both play DE and DT some (although Clayborn is staying at DE only according to Quinn). So it may be "overkill" to take Bullard, but as an overall prospect, i agree with you that he is better than Lawson and Dodd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Clark Kent™ said:

I'm not a big fan of Dodd to begin with, but as far as pass rushing from the DE spot, Lawson is definitely better and that may be a bigger need. I mean we do have Clayborn and Shelby who can both play DE and DT some (although Clayborn is staying at DE only according to Quinn). So it may be "overkill" to take Bullard, but as an overall prospect, i agree with you that he is better than Lawson and Dodd. 

Well I was speaking specifically to his ability to be a 3 down player for us he could play end in the base and kick insider for nickle or 3rd downs. He can still get some rush from end but he would be much better on the inside on passing downs. Not to mention I like his get off and motor waaayyyy better than I like Lawson's but I think Lawson would play a similar role here and he would be marginally better rushing from the end but he would not be who I wanted doing that on 3rd down I would be way happier with Floyd doing that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

Well I was speaking specifically to his ability to be a 3 down player for us he could play end in the base and kick insider for nickle or 3rd downs. He can still get some rush from end but he would be much better on the inside on passing downs. Not to mention I like his get off and motor waaayyyy better than I like Lawson's but I think Lawson would play a similar role here and he would be marginally better rushing from the end but he would not be who I wanted doing that on 3rd down I would be way happier with Floyd doing that.

Yeah i got you. End in base, kick inside in nickel, which is basically what i imagine Shelby will do which is why i could understand how some won't want to draft him. But we agree he is a nasty interior rusher and that is more important to me than an edge rusher. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Yeah i got you. End in base, kick inside in nickel, which is basically what i imagine Shelby will do which is why i could understand how some won't want to draft him. But we agree he is a nasty interior rusher and that is more important to me than an edge rusher. 

I agree that drafting him now would be a cluster at the position which is why I think Austin Johnson would be good pick for us in the 2nd it would give us Mbu and Johnson to platoon at the Nose. Johnson is my target as a pure DT in this draft. It should be illegal for a man that size to have that motor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sobeit said:

Well I was speaking specifically to his ability to be a 3 down player for us he could play end in the base and kick insider for nickle or 3rd downs. He can still get some rush from end but he would be much better on the inside on passing downs. Not to mention I like his get off and motor waaayyyy better than I like Lawson's but I think Lawson would play a similar role here and he would be marginally better rushing from the end but he would not be who I wanted doing that on 3rd down I would be way happier with Floyd doing that.

isnt this the exact role we plan on using Shelby in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Romfal said:

isnt this the exact role we plan on using Shelby in?

Yes it is I would imagine which is why I do not think Lawson or Bullard will be drafted by us and I think it will be Floyd in the 1st if he is there and Johnson in the 2nd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...