I still like Antonio Morrison

Before he ran over 5 seconds in the 40 at his pro day I thought Antonio Morrison might be a target for us at MLB ...and kinda still do. The guy is a playmaker on film and reportedly a leader in the locker room. His 40 time at his pro day was bad but I'm not giving up on him for a couple of reasons. First, his tape tells us that this guy can play against top tier SEC talent, attacks the LOS and gets into the backfield with speed, is instinctive, and is a fearless tackler. He plays a lot like Danny Travethon IMO. Second, the guy ran so bad at his pro day that I don't believe that's his real speed. Maybe he wasn't loose, or was nervous, or whatever the case may be but as he's training for the pro day he's being clocked and if he isn't breaking 5 seconds in training then no way he runs.  At the end of the day this could be a good thing for us if we can get him in the 4th or later now. He's only 14 months removed from the knee injury so hopefully our medical people tell us that this year will be better than the last. Anyway I hope we consider Morrison, especially if we double dip at LB. 

5 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

Hey I have a great feeling about J.Bullard DL from Florida! He is a stud! Now I want Bullard in a trade back in the 1st and pick up a 3rd and a 4th. Look at this guy on films he is way better then people in front of him.

Bullard is a solid player I just don't see a position for him in nfl. He's not agile enough to be a end and and just doesn't disengage blocks enough to play DT

Based on what I've read he has a bit of an intense personality, which was a liability in some of his early problems at Florida, but also probably what helped him come back quickly from a serious knee injury. He reminds me of a poor man's Vontaze Burfict due to his athletic traits (or lack there of), combined with the potential character red flags.

He is really fun to watch because of how hard he attacks on every play, but he probably needs to be in a 3-4 to thrive.

He doesn't play that slowly on tape at all. Dude loves hitting people - sometimes looks as if he chooses to engage blockers for the physical fight rather than taking the path to the ball but I would be delighted if we took him in the 7th if he fell. He's physical. 

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that Florida LB Antonio Morrison was suffering from an infection on Pro Day.

"Morrison did not run all that well and struggled in drills, but teams were impressed he competed," Pauline hears. As for those tough running numbers, the 6-foot-1, 232-pounder slogged through the 40-yard dash in 5.10 seconds while managing a 30-inch vertical and 9-foot-3 broad jump. He performed well at the Senior Bowl, though, and with eight private workouts scheduled with NFL teams in the coming weeks (plus, 14 visits), Pro Day won't be his last chance to impress before the draft.

Source: Walter Football
Mar 27 - 1:22 PM