Kevin Dodd scouting report

Macintez

24 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

He's a solid prospect. A little uneven from what I've seen. I'm also a bit worried that a lot of his production was overflow from Shaq Lawson being so good. Would be happier if he were a 2nd rounder than a first. 

I think he's a top of the second round guy... Dallas will be all over him I'm sure. If we can trade down with one of the top 5 pics in the second I think we could come away with Dodd and Lee which I would freakin love.

Edited by Macintez

I commented in the other Dodd thread that this guy should be on our list at 17.  This draft seems to have a lot of players (especially in our positions of need) who feel like they would be 2nd rounders in other drafts but will probably go in the first in this one.  Dodd is one of many I would be quite okay with at 17.

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

He's a solid prospect. A little uneven from what I've seen. I'm also a bit worried that a lot of his production was overflow from Shaq Lawson being so good. Would be happier if he were a 2nd rounder than a first. 

Agreed. Another problem is that his one good season occurred as a 23 year old (he'll be 24 in July).

He's not a quick-twitch athlete, so I think his best case is that he's a 5-8 sack guy as a base end (4-3). I might like him more as a potential 3-4 DE for a team that likes more pass rush from that spot.

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I initially thought this, but when I was watching game videos on Draftbreakdown.com, I saw him doubled A LOT of the time and getting through them.  I REALLY like this guy and would be happy if he was our 1st round pick.  I also like Floyd and Lawson.  My preference is Floyd but after that, Dodd then Lawson.  I'm not as high on Lee as everyone else, but think I need to watch a few more videos - I've see 2 thus far.