Matt Schaub Crazy "8"... Spoon denied "56"

11 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I never said we have LB's that are better than Spoon nor did I even say Reed was better. I just said Spoon doesn't deserve that number because he was always hurt then ran out when his contract ended.

Spoon got hurt making plays for us.  You acting like he came to Atlanta hurt.  His injuries started on the bad turf in Philly.  Get real.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

At Least Spoon was injured playing hard for us.  He has played, and produced.  Brooks Reed has just been heard of.  What have you seen him do for the Falcons?  Keith Brooking has more rights to #56 than Reed.

12 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Spoon got hurt making plays for us.  You acting like he came to Atlanta hurt.  His injuries started on the bad turf in Philly.  Get real.

And Reed got hurt where?

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

And Reed got hurt where?

Reed came here hurt.  The mere fact that you are arguing with anyone over this is silly.  Spoon is a baller.  He has had some tough luck.  When he's on the field, he's a play maker.  Pinpoint the time of Reed's injury.  Every injury Spoon had happen on the football field, playing for the Atlanta Falcons.  Allow them both the be healthy, and Spoon is still better.  Reed benefited from playing on a great Texans Defense.  He sucked when he played this past season. 

2 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Reed came here hurt.  The mere fact that you are arguing with anyone over this is silly.  Spoon is a baller.  He has had some tough luck.  When he's on the field, he's a play maker.  Pinpoint the time of Reed's injury.  Every injury Spoon had happen on the football field, playing for the Atlanta Falcons.  Allow them both the be healthy, and Spoon is still better.  Reed benefited from playing on a great Texans Defense.  He sucked when he played this past season. 

Incorrect. Reed passed his Atlanta physical when he joined the team.  Reed was then injured in the Atlanta preseason mini camp.  If his injury was properly diagnosed and treated at the time, he would have been ready for the first game.  As it was, he was eventually told that R&R was not going to cure his injury and that he had to have surgery. After the surgery, he was supposed to be out 6 to 8 weeks but only missed the first 3 games.  However, he was limited in many games afterward.

A player who joins a team and chooses an available number has a right to that number.  Numbers can be traded or given away to other players sometimes for a price, but I'm willing to bet that Reed just gave the number to Spoon for free.

19 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Spoon is good. Not a "baller". Reed played hurt so how can you say he sucked? Matthews played hurt his rookie year did you assume he'd suck too?

I personally think Spoon should be #56, but I also don't think Reed should have to just give it to him for any reason. They both haven't really accomplished much for the team besides being hurt, but Spoon has done more than Reed in a Falcon jersey. Just pick a number and play. The better player will get what he wants in the end. If they both don't play better next season, I hope someone new is wearing 56.  

2 hours ago, Hometownfan said:

Incorrect. Reed passed his Atlanta physical when he joined the team.  Reed was then injured in the Atlanta preseason mini camp.  If his injury was properly diagnosed and treated at the time, he would have been ready for the first game.  As it was, he was eventually told that R&R was not going to cure his injury and that he had to have surgery. After the surgery, he was supposed to be out 6 to 8 weeks but only missed the first 3 games.  However, he was limited in many games afterward.

A player who joins a team and chooses an available number has a right to that number.  Numbers can be traded or given away to other players sometimes for a price, but I'm willing to bet that Reed just gave the number to Spoon for free.

This is bull. Brooks Reed's two bothers must be on here.

On 3/21/2016 at 3:01 PM, krammmit said:

Not a big deal for Spoon but the same time, it's not like Reed earned it. Dude was non existent last year. I have Spoons back before I ever have Reeds. I was a fan of Spoons then and I am still.

Before you say that, consider this:

Per Bruce Irvin:    "But you can do your job the whole game at SAM linebacker and you have two tackles."

12 hours ago, capologist said:

Before you say that, consider this:

Per Bruce Irvin:    "But you can do your job the whole game at SAM linebacker and you have two tackles."

Reeds numbers aren't important to me. I wanted Weatherspoon in the draft and we got him. Then he and Willy Mo imo became the face of the defense. His energy is infectious. I hated it when he left and am glad he's back. Reed brought nothing to 2015. We now are contemplating drafting a first round pick to replace him, whether that be at lb or de.

Edit: That may have come across aggressive and that's not what I intended. In short, I like what Weatherspoon is and what he can offer. I don't think Reed brings anything to the team. Hope he becomes the next MVP, but I don't see it. I want Sean to ball out like he's capable and gets signed to a long term deal.

2 hours ago, krammmit said:

Reeds numbers aren't important to me. I wanted Weatherspoon in the draft and we got him. Then he and Willy Mo imo became the face of the defense. His energy is infectious. I hated it when he left and am glad he's back. Reed brought nothing to 2015. We now are contemplating drafting a first round pick to replace him, whether that be at lb or de.

Edit: That may have come across aggressive and that's not what I intended. In short, I like what Weatherspoon is and what he can offer. I don't think Reed brings anything to the team. Hope he becomes the next MVP, but I don't see it. I want Sean to ball out like he's capable and gets signed to a long term deal.

Sean would be on the weak side though I would think and the spots I'd want to draft at LB would be WLB and MLB.  We'll see what Reed does with a full offseason without groin issues.  I think that was a large player in the results last season...