How many of you think we'll win a Super Bowl in the next 3 years?

How many of you think we'll win a Super Bowl in the next 3 years?   

146 members have voted

1. 1. Be completely open. No agenda, no homerism, no racism, no pessimism - just a straight up football evaluation.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on a board that's supposedly full of just absolute homers almost 70% of the voters said no? That seems almost counterproductive to certain posters arguments. The funniest part to me is that I can go through the list of the 40 that said yes and come up with several posters that nobody could call a homer. 

On 3/19/2016 at 9:08 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! The reading comprehension is severely lacking with you. No where in my post did I ever say that I rather root for the #1 overall pick than win. But common sense tells you that the 2016 Cleveland Browns have a much greater chance at going 1-15 and getting the #1 overall pick than they do of going 15-1 and winning the Super Bowl. Sure, you root for your team to win every game. But the realistic person knows that is not going to happen so instead of setting your expectations at that happening you set your expectations at something realistic. That's basic common sense to keep you from being disappointed.

Whatever.

No one is talking about you, but please allow  everything to be about you.

12 hours ago, Jpowers said:

So on a board that's supposedly full of just absolute homers almost 70% of the voters said no? That seems almost counterproductive to certain posters arguments. The funniest part to me is that I can go through the list of the 40 that said yes and come up with several posters that nobody could call a homer. 

******* Homer.....

Spoken like a true defender of the Homer. Great Job.;)

6 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Hey I didn't say I wasn't shocked. You know you wouldn't have predicted 70% to say no though JB.

Yo know as well as I, that 95% of the 70% you allude to are simply trying not to come off as homers.;)

j/k Actually I was a bit surprised. But when you look at a few of these jokers, they are Full Tilt Homer.:lol:

"In the Bible, Jesus says...'If you deny me Before man, I will deny you before my Father in Heaven."

How "CHRISTIAN" of him........

8 minutes ago, jb 3.0 said:

Yo know as well as I, that 95% of the 70% you allude to are simply trying not to come off as homers.;)

j/k Actually I was a bit surprised. But when you look at a few of these jokers, they are Full Tilt Homer.:lol:

"In the Bible, Jesus says...'If you deny me Before man, I will deny you before my Father in Heaven."

How "CHRISTIAN" of him........

What's the point of quoting the Bible?

We should be really good offensively. I love DQ, but I just don't think we have the right ppl in the FO to build a SB team. So I say no. The panthers are the team to beat in the NFCS and the NFC so I'm more worried about winning the NFCS than a SB

Edited by falconcrest58

This will be my last post on this topic. Thank you everyone for voting! I read what a lot of you also had to say, so thanks for contributing.

A point that was raised saying that no team is expected to win a SB. I agree. While it is true that any 1 team is an underdog compared to 31 other teams, when being honest, we all KNOW there are teams that have a much better shot as compared to others. I just wanted to if our fans thought if WE are one of those teams. Furthermore, any 1 team never has to actually BEAT the other 31. Lastly, I understand that the question/the poll itself is skewed because it's not an objective outsider expert's pov.

BUT, the poll wasn't about being objective or accurate. I genuinely wanted to see what OUR fans (hate or love the Falcons, we're all still fans) thought. And it's sufficient to say that with almost 100 votes for NO, that approximately 7/10 fans on TAFT think we will NOT be winning the sb in the next 3 yrs (and I think I agree with the majority, sorry, but my personal opinion is not important). I propose this is big enough of a sample size to serve as an adequate "view" of TAFT. Some of you are prolly surprised by the results, so just keep that in mind when getting in debates over moves, or calling someone a pessimist or a homer.

This level of distrust is very revealing of our fan base, but I also think it all can't just be pinned solely on the fans. The franchise must also take responsibility for developing their reputation as failures over several years. Some of it also goes on the current staff and players as they're currently in a position to do something about it (but haven't).

It's NOT important whether or not I agree with the majority vote, but, to me, this is important because it gives us idea on what our fellow fans are thinking as it'll form a basis of what we're all expecting from the team and the moves they make in the FA and in the draft, not just this year but also in the next future years. So let's all keep that in mind this upcoming season. 

Go Falcons.

Of course we can.  Predicting 3 years into the future of the NFL is a crap shoot.  There's less than a hand full of teams can say probably dont have a shot, and everything else is wide open.  Who honestly would have thought that the Panthers would have a season like they did last year and make it?  The ravens a few years ago, and the cardinals with Kurt warner?  Not to mention the patriots against the rams with an unknown entity at quarterback.  We can absolutely win the super bowl next year, or the year after.  Only a complete dumpster fire of a team has no shot, which we are not.